Recently, both adults and children are passionate about a new kind of needlework - weaving figurines from gum. From special rubber bands you can build an original keychain, for example, in the form of ice cream. How to weave ice cream from gum, we will tell you in our article.
How to weave out gum ice cream on the machine?
If you are not the first to start modeling rubber figurines, then you know that there are several ways of weaving:
- on a special machine;
For convenience, it is best to use a special machine and hook. They are usually sold in sets. There are several types of ice cream ice cream figures. Let's try to weave the easiest option.
- gum blue - 30 pcs.;
- gum white and brown - 16 pcs. (on 8 pieces of each shade);
Phased process description:
- Install the machine so that the open part of the cell is facing away from you.
- Select the middle column and lower two blue elastic bands on the bottom, then drag them onto the left column.
- Now, using the pair of blue rubber bands, continue stringing them in the same way.
- This algorithm should be repeated four times.
- Next, take the gum in white and, by analogy, weave two more rows.
- Using only the middle column, string into the cells of the brown gum, two pieces three times.
- Wrap a separate gum on the hook and pull it into the last middle column.
- Next, proceed to the horizontal weaving, and skip the first middle row.
- In the second row of cells, stretch the gum blue so as to form a triangle. Repeat these steps four times.
- In the fifth row, form a triangle with a rubber band in white.
- Using the hook, remove the bottom part and lock it at the top.
- On the hook wind the gum in white and stretch it over the outermost column.
- Using the hook, hook the lower two brown rubber bands and move them forward onto the next column.
- White rubber bands, located on the edges, gently move and pull the bottom row up.
- Similarly, knit blue elastic bands.
- Extreme two rubber bands need to stretch and fix on the central cell.
- Behind the central column through all the loops, stretch the elastic band in blue and tie it into a strong knot. Remove all loops from the machine cells.
- Carefully straighten the ice cream figure with your fingers, giving it the appropriate shape.
Ice Cream Figurine with Berry: Master Class
Needlewomen offer many master classes in creating ice cream figures in the shape of a horn or a popsicle. If you don’t have a machine at hand and you don’t know how to weave ice cream out of rubber bands on a slingshot, watch various video tutorials. By the way, you can safely replace the slingshot with a regular table fork. We want to show you the step-by-step creation of ice cream figurines from gum, decorated with berries. Since such a figure can not be classified as simple, it is better to weave on the machine.
- machine with cells;
- gum of various colors;
- crochet hook
Phased process description:
- For weaving we use only paired elastic bands of the same colors.
- Place on the lower cells towards the edge of two pairs of white rubber bands.
- Now we put on white rubber bands on the extreme columns, connecting the first and second cells.
- In the middle column in pairs overlap string five pairs of gum pink or red. You must have five cells involved.
- By analogy, pink or red gum is attached to the five cells of the left and right columns.
- On the leftmost column strung gum brown or orange. They are also used in pairs, starting with 4 cells. The last gum should be mounted on the 9th cell.
- Paired gum brown or orange throws on the ninth cell, and the second edge we put on the next cell in the center column.
- By analogy, you should strung brown rubber bands on the extreme column on the right. And fix the last gum on the cell of the middle column.
- Cover the cells of the middle column with rubber overlapping with brown or orange color. We do not affect the extreme cell on which the rubber bands are crossed from the right and left columns.
- On the edge of the crochet hook in three turns we wind the elastic band of pink or red color.
- Pink or red paired elastic bands are put on the fingers and stretched through the loop, wound on a hook.
- We put both edges of the eyelets on the hook. By analogy, we perform this action again, and then one more time, replacing the pink paired elastic bands with white ones.
- The created element is removed carefully from the hook and set aside for the time being. Repeating the previous steps, weave another similar element.
- The woven chain is strung onto the last first cell and fixed on the fourth. In the same way we hook both elements on the left and right sides.
- Next, take the pink or red gum and put them on the cells of the three columns, so that they form a triangular shape. And then from the gum brown or orange on the next cell we put on two more triangles.
- The subsequent paired elastic bands of brown color are strung in the form
- On the protruding side of the triangle four times we wind the elastic band of a brown color.
- With a hook, pick up the bottom two loops and display them on the next right and left column.
- We remove the loops from the middle row and string them onto the subsequent cells, thereby forming a pattern.
- From the paired elastic bands of red color on the hook we form a berry, which we put on the outermost cell.
- Holding the loop with your finger, remove the woven ice cream from the machine.
Try to make of gum other figurines of your favorite desserts. Involve your household in this process, because it is not only useful, but also a very interesting pastime.