Jewelery made of gum has become especially popular this summer. Girls and young men with pleasure wear bright unusual bracelets that can be woven on a special machine. But you can please yourself with a bright accessory without it - in the article we will tell you how to weave a bracelet of rubber bands without a machine, for example, using ... your own fingers.
Rubber weaving - history of hobby
Original silicone bracelets came to us from Europe and America. There, this type of needlework is called the Rainbow Loom, which translates as "rainbow machine", and is actively used in school, kindergarten and summer camps. I came up with this fun Chin Chong, an engineer at Nissan. His daughters were fond of weaving baubles, and a caring father decided to diversify their hobbies by adapting small silicone gum to weave decorations and building a primitive machine. This passion quickly spread throughout the world. Psychologists say that this type of needlework contributes to the development of finger motility and a positive effect on the nervous system.
How can we bracelets?
The fashion for weaving silicone gum appeared relatively recently, but surely won a huge number of fans, especially among teenagers. There are many weaving technologies, which can be mastered with the help of special tools for this type of needlework. It:
- slingshot, which is attached to sets of elastics (a small plastic plug with two blunt teeth);
- pencils that create a slingshot imitation;
- machine (plastic base with small cylinders that can be moved).
However, even without them, you can make great decorations using your fingers or a dining fork, and come up with original patterns with funny names.
How to weave a bracelet on the fingers?
Beautiful bracelets of gum without a machine is very comfortable to weave on your fingers. After all, this does not require any additional tools - just enough about a hundred of colored elastics. You choose a coloring on the taste, only pay attention that they have to have an identical thickness - then the bracelet will turn out beautiful and with a uniform pattern.
- Twist the gum eight and put on the first - the big - and the second fingers.
- We take a rubber of a different color and perform the same operation with it. Just put on the big and middle fingers.
- The next gum is twisted with an eyelet-eight and put on the first and fourth fingers.
- Now we put on three rezinochki, without twisting them beforehand, on the thumb and forefinger, big and medium, big and ring fingers.
- We start the weaving itself. The last lower gum from the first finger in the middle of the middle, do the same with the bottom on the index.
- The next rezinochkuyu at the bottom on the first finger is again squeezed to the center, and behind it the bottom one from the third.
- One more pair of the last from the first and the fourth we pitch into the middle.
- We put on the same sequence of fingers new elastics, but we don’t make loops of them.
- Repeat nakida in the middle.
- After the length of the bracelet is ready, throw the remaining last pair of rezinochek on the fastener (it is convenient to take an s-shaped clip). Bracelet made of gum without a machine on the fingers ready. This figure is called "rain".
The technology of the bracelet on the fork
Using a fork, you can weave simple bracelets of rubber bands without a machine. At the same time drawing turns out small and very beautiful. For the development of this technology weaving take:
- rezinochki different colors to your taste;
- four prong fork;
- toothpick (it is convenient to use it instead of a hook to remove the rubber from the teeth).
Bracelet making technology is as follows.
- Twist rezinochku loop in the form of eight and put on the middle teeth of the fork.
- Another rezinochku-eight put on the extreme teeth.
- Now double the folded gum we put on the middle teeth.
- The lower gum of the left and right extreme teeth is thrown into the middle. For convenience, you can use a toothpick as a hook.
- We put on one more double elastic band and again throw the lower extreme elastic bands into the center now of the middle teeth.
- Alternating nakida, weave the whole bracelet.
- To complete the weaving, we throw the extreme elastic bands in the center, and the middle ones - on the clasp.
The drawing of such a rainbow bauble is called a "drop".
Making a thick bracelet without a machine
Silicone rubber bracelets can be not only of the most different patterns, but also of various sizes. It all depends on what kind of jewelry you prefer. Thick bracelets without a machine can be woven with a fork. Weaving on the fingers for such baubles is not suitable, since there are few five supports for these models. Therefore, we take two forks and fasten handles with scotch tape to make a row of 8 teeth.
Special skills for weaving massive jewelry from rubber bands is absolutely not required. You only need to carefully follow the scheme.
- Make eights out of rubber bands and put them in pairs on the teeth.
- We put on rezinochku on 2 and 3 teeth, 4 and 5, 6 and 7. Eight of them do not.
- Lower rezinochki throws up.
- We put on silicone rings in pairs for 1 and 2 teeth, 3 and 4, 5 and 6, 7 and 8.
- And again we send the lower rezinochka to the top.
- We make a bracelet of the desired length.
- The last row is slightly different from the previous ones. We take rezinochku and put it on all the teeth at once, twisting in front of each. Lateral gum throws in the center, and the lower to the top. Thus, the two remaining eyelets are inserted into the half-moon clasp. Fasten the lower part of the bracelet on this clip. Bracelet "cell" ready.
A selection of photos of different models
Having studied in detail how to weave a bracelet of rubber bands without a machine, you can please yourself and your loved ones with bright accessories, which require several minutes and a little patience to make. And weaving on the fingers, among other things, is not only convenient, but also useful, since the same type of operations performed by the hands, develop the function of motility and calm the nerves.