Self-training of an animal in certain skills, exercises, and disciplines is called dog training. Doing it is necessary from the moment when the pet will only appear in your home. From the first days of communicating with a four-legged friend, he needs to make it clear that he must obey his master. Training itself is not an easy task, but if you follow certain rules, you can achieve a result quite soon.
How to train a puppy?
- The best time for a dog to master a team is a puppy age from 8 to 12 weeks. The first classes should not take a lot of time, but at the same time be effective. More than 5-10 minutes with a puppy should not be engaged, it is better to just train with him several times a day.
- The behavior of the owner and his voice should be of interest to the animal. During this period, he must learn the command "Place"! and "To me!". Every time a puppy performs a good command, it should be encouraged with a delicacy and ironed, saying the word "good." After the puppy gets used to this word, you can indulge in its delicacy after several repetitions of the command.
- Together with the nickname, the dog must be learned command "Place!". Having said this command every time, the pet needs to be laid on the litter. It is recommended to put on the place allotted to the dog, some soft cloth. He can get used to it more quickly.
- The main team, which serves to subordinate the owner, is the team "Ko me!". Calling a puppy nicknamed, you need to pronounce this phrase. If the baby comes to you slowly, then you should run back, then the puppy will accelerate its movements. This command is very important, because it will be used every day.
- Violent methods of training are unacceptable, you need to carefully monitor the reaction of the animal and not loosen its nervous system. It is impossible to feed a dog before training, let it be a little hungry.
- After the puppy reaches the age of 2 months, it can be taught to the Sit! Command. For this pet you need to be called to him, show him a treat and raise his hand so that the puppy can see it only when he sits down. When the baby does it, he needs to say "Sit!", Praise and give away a treat. If the dog does not want to sit himself, then it can be slightly nudged. The command "Lie down!" performed by a dog from a sitting position. To do this, the puppy should be held at the withers and take the front paws forward while pronouncing the word "Lie down!" After executing the command, the dog should be encouraged with a treat.
- In order for the puppy to learn the "Stand!" Command, the puppy should be lifted behind the belly with a hand and held so that it does not lay down again, while repeating the command. At three months of age and older, a puppy can be taught to the team "Near!". To do this, a puppy should wear a collar with a short leash and put on his left foot. Keep the leash at a distance of approximately 20 cm from the collar. Team "Near!" must be filed clearly and pull the leash. If the puppy tries to move away from you, then the leash should be tightened and the command should be repeated. Then you need to loosen the leash and let the puppy move freely around you. If you do not start training your puppy to one-year-olds, then a naughty and unmanaged dog may grow.
The basic techniques of training Shepherd
The German Shepherd is a breed of dog that is associated with intelligence and loyalty. Sheep-dogs of this breed often demonstrate wonders of ingenuity, dexterity and obedience when performing commands, but animals are not born such to themselves, but they grow up due to training and proper upbringing.
The training of this breed begins even before the owner decides to teach her commands. First of all, we should start with the upbringing, because an ill-mannered dog cannot simply be taught to the teams, so this process should be given maximum time. There are a number of rules that must be followed when training dogs of a given breed:
- Having chosen one place for a dog, it is already impossible to change it, otherwise the puppy will remember the “Place!” Command for a very long time, sit down at the owner’s place, sleep at night in another place, etc. But the owner can only blame himself for this behavior, After all, he did not ask the puppy the originally clearly defined coordinates, and also allowed him to behave inconsistently;
- From the very beginning, the dog should be taught that the owner can be in his place, but he cannot. You can not accustom the puppy to the bed, the carpet by the bed and other places, except what was given to him;
- Puppy can not be scolded for the fact that he could not stand it and went to the toilet indoors. The little ones do not know how to restrain themselves; the dog should be taught that it has oilcloth; that’s where it should go about its urgent matters;
- None of the people who come to your house should play with the dog or feed it. A puppy is not a plush toy, it should have one owner who will feed him. Games are some kind of training, and since only the owner can teach him, only he can play with him.
From the first days of appearance in the pet's house, the owner must become the leader for the puppy. He is obliged to take care of the ward, to educate. By the way, it is impossible to do the latter by resorting to aggression; it is better to achieve this by demonstrating an example of correct behavior and encouragement. If the leader is illogical and inconsistent, then obedience from the dog can not be required.
It is important to remember that the dog does not walk the owner, but the owner decides where they need to go, for this reason the dog cannot go ahead. To this he must be taught, as well as to the leash, the entrance to the elevator first and the command "Near!". A treat should be given to the dog during training, if it went after the owner, and not ahead of him.
If the German Shepherd tries to bite the owner, even during the game, or in another way, it tries to challenge its supremacy, then it should be taken at the withers, head bend down and express its displeasure aloud. It is necessary to keep the animal in such a position until it stops resisting and obeys.
First of all, you need to work out the "Ko me!" Command. Until the dog learns it, there is no sense to continue training.
Do not allow the dog to eat from the floor, from the table or beg for food. The pet has its own eating place and this is its bowl. An exception here can only be the food that the owner gives her from her hands. If you accustom the animal to it since childhood, it will help protect it from the poisoned food it can find on the street.
When the dog correctly executes the command, it should be praised. It’s impossible to scold her when she didn’t execute the command, because she won’t understand why she’s been scolded.
Video to help the owners of four-legged friends
Dogs can be trained at any age, but the later this process is started, the more difficult it will be to achieve a decent result. Self-training can be carried out in the framework of the general course of study and include simple commands. It requires a lot of patience and the same share of understanding from the host.