Sledki, in fact, are a kind of compromise between socks and slippers, since they are not as tough as the last ones, they do not have a dense sole, but they are also without a high toe. Knitted slippers are convenient because they can not be dropped from their feet, climbing into a chair or on the sofa, and they absolutely do not hold down foot movements, completely repeating its contours.
A low landing allows the use of slippers, sledki and shoes, for more warmth.
How to knit slippers, socks knitting needles for beginners?
For training, we suggest you try knitting slippers with knitting needles in a simple way, using traditional garter knitting, so as not to get lost in the difficulties of techniques. However, so that the product does not look completely uninteresting and is pleasing to the eye, take several different shades of yarn and combine them with each other. For example, white and gray, connecting in an elegant Norwegian pattern.
- The work will require 50 g of yarn of each of the shades, or 100 g of single-colored yarn; Needles 3 or 3.5 numbers, as well as a hook.
Professionals advise to knit wool slippers, but if you do not like this material, or want a thinner and lighter product, you can take it in half with acrylic or even turn to pure acrylic. And if slippers are necessary for summer, you can pay attention to flax.
- The product consists of 2 parts: it is a large front area in the form of a pentagon, and a sole with a heel, joined together by a narrow transition. It is recommended to start with them, because it is the most difficult part of the silhouette, but does not require special study of the picture. It is a scarf knit in which white and gray threads alternate, with the latter predominating, being the background. Odd ranks are performed with facial loops, even rows - with purl, circular rows are always knitted with facial loops.
- There are always some difficulties in the alternation of threads, especially the ingenious ones: it is recommended to cross them in the kerchief to the back, on the wrong side, in order to reduce the likelihood of the appearance of peculiar "holes".
- The heel and sole pattern itself is very simple: you need to randomly set a single white loop-dots on a gray background, which should be placed in an unclear staggered order. Pay attention to the counting circuit number 1, which shows the heel: gray squares indicate white blotches and do not touch each other. Most of them are located every 3 gray loops. Edging loops need to be tied with twin threads, thus introducing both colors at once.
- You can knit slipper-sledki as without seams, and through the connection of parts with longitudinal side seams. The latter method is a bit simpler. The sole shape completely repeats the shape of the upper part of the slipper shown in the counting scheme number 2, but is carried out according to the heel pattern: thus, you dial 5 gray loops, knit 2 rows, and then start making side gains 1 loop and alternate shades, and also perform a two-color hem. To narrow the product, it is necessary to carry out a broach: for this you remove 1 loop and pull it through the next one in front of the part - as a front one.
- On the 33rd row on the needle should get 31 loop, and on the 35th row to decrease to 29 loops. After that, you repeat the shape of the heel - 2 triangles that meet vertices with each other. Separately, the upper part is knitted with a more complex pattern, since it already has a more structured alternation of colors that is folded into a large pattern. Then the parts are folded and aligned along the side seams with a thread of gray tint.
- An alternative way to knit the same model of slippers-followers, in which the side seams disappear, but transverse on the sole may appear: 60 loops are made on the spokes, of which 31 belong to the upper part and 29 to the lower part (the front of the sole). In circular rows (face loops) you knit both halves at the same time, thus simultaneously completing and diminishing in width. This is best done on connected needles, in order to more conveniently translate active and non-active parts of a product.
The finished product on the "throat" must be crocheted using dark gray yarn. Or you can repeat the idea with a hem and, having twisted the white and gray threads, work out the strapping with them. For maximum density, professionals advise to make 3-5 rows of strapping, but not higher - otherwise slippers will no longer be Sledi, turning into a sock with a short shaft. In this technology, the creation of simple slippers you can replace the pattern with any of those that you like, keeping the frame: thus, having 1 scheme, you are able to link several completely different models.
Knit fashion slippers with ties
Unlike classic socks, slippers-sledky because of the absence of tops, sometimes poorly hold on to the foot, especially if the foot is narrow. For this reason, some craftswomen resort to various tricks: they insert a thin elastic band into a binding with a hook, fasten tapes or plaits. But the most interesting way, available even to beginners, is to immediately knit additional details that will allow you to beautifully fix the product on the ankle. And due to such an unusual look, your slippers will definitely not go unnoticed.
- To work, you need 100 grams of single-colored yarn or 30 grams and 70 grams of different shades. Needles 3 or 4 sizes, the hook is not needed, because the harness is missing.
- The knitting scheme is very simple: you can choose any pattern, and for training it is recommended to use the classic "eraser" - alternating seamy and face loops in the same row. In order to emphasize this contrast and relief even more, you can use a lighter shade of yarn for facial (speakers), and a darker shade for purl (main) ones. Traditional alternation: 2 through 2, but you can increase these numbers, and, in a different ratio.
- Tapes are made with simple back loops: there are only 6 loops at the very edge, which are knitted for 60 rows or more, depending on how you plan to fix them. If tapes are to be knotted, it is recommended to bring the number of rows to 100-120. If a button is sewn, you can leave the length specified initially.
- After each row you need to add 1 loop on the side, i.e. 2 loops per row. When the needle has 32 loops, their number doubles: each of them turns into 1 face and 1 purl, thereby starting to form the side of the slipper. Starting from this place, you are performing a "rubber band" or any other drawing, focusing on the width of your foot: it is recommended to make a 16 cm rectangle on a standard 36 pp.
- When the main part of the slipper is completed, you need to start to narrow the canvas, knitting 2 loops in 1. For the remaining 32 loops at each edge, start removing 1 loop, one row after another, until only 6 loops remain on the needles. After this, you make a second ribbon with a width of 6 loops and a length of 56 rows for a fastener-button or 100-120 rows for the opportunity to tie them.
If you need a loop, it runs from the 56th row through the nakid in the middle. Then, the loops of the last row close at the tape, the thread hides inside and is cut. Slippers are collected along the upper longitudinal edge of a single thread.
If you are not satisfied with the master classes cited in the article, and you want more variety, we offer you a few more interesting and uncomplicated Slipper / Sliver schemes that can be done in a couple of evenings. Experiment with trim and materials, try combining crochet and knitting to get an exclusive product. In addition, be sure to consider some of the nuances.
- For training, choose a not too tight yarn: it certainly makes the thing more durable, but to cope with it is not easy.
- Studying the patterns for slippers, pay attention to the relief options: if applied to the sole, it will affect the acupuncture points located on the foot, massaging it.
- If you are worried about the fact that the "neck" of the slipper will constantly stretch, crochet it, or make it from more rigid yarn. Or, place a thin, but strong gum inside.
- For winter slippers, a double sole will be relevant: the inner layer is knitted separately, but in the same pattern as the outer one (only 1-2 loops less in width and length), after which it is inserted inside and fixed with a single thread.
In conclusion, I would like to note that slippers-sledki do not always fit tightly to the ankle: if you make sure that the product fits tightly on your leg, you can almost completely open the lifting of the foot, deepening the toe, making it figured or with elegant lace made on the hook.