Budgies are one of the most popular domestic parrots. They need minimal care, they do not take up much space. Many wavy parrot owners are wondering - how to teach him to talk? It is noticed that you can train only the tame bird, which is used to you. There is a whole technique by which you can do it.
What parrots can you teach to talk?
There are several types of parrots that can be taught to talk.
- African gray - it is famous for its memory of words and clarity of speech, as well as high intelligence. Some representatives of these birds can memorize a dozen words and phrases, while others are generally able to memorize several hundred complex sentences.
- Amazon is a smart enough parrot with good vocal abilities. They quickly memorize the words of the owners.
- Indian collar - they are famous for the purity of speech and memorization of large volumes of texts. They will be excellent pets for those owners who are looking for talkative birds of medium size.
- Quakers - this species is smaller than Amazons, but they are also included in the list of talkers. In addition to the usual words, these birds easily repeat household sounds (phone ringing, whistling kettle, the sound of a vacuum cleaner, etc.).
- Budgerigars - they have a rather gentle voice timbre, they are able to memorize some phrases and individual words.
- Eclectuses are one of the most prominent representatives of the large parrots. With constant training, they are able to imitate their masters and become excellent interlocutors.
- Kakadu - these birds are difficult to teach to speak, but to achieve the goal you will get a parrot, which can not only speak, but also repeat intonation, imitate tones.
- The macaw is the largest and most recognizable among domestic parrots. He is known for his bright colors and incredible ability to communicate. A macaw can learn about 100 words, and some, especially intelligent birds, can put words into sentences.
Learning to talk parrot Corallo
Corella is one of the most popular species of parrots kept at home. Before you teach this bird to speak, you need to gain its full confidence. Corella is not one of those parrots who immediately get used to the person - for this you need a certain time.
Corella is quite sociable, sociable and can spend enough time with her master. He, like many other parrots, can be taught to speak, but one should not expect that a pet can immediately learn difficult phrases. The maximum that a parrot is capable of is 3-4 dozen words and the simplest sentences. Corella can imitate the meowing, barking of a dog, crying of a child, alarm, whistling kettle, etc. When training a parrot, you should be attentive to your emotional statements in the presence of a Corella, because they remember curses almost immediately.
To teach the cockatiel parrot to talk, you need to follow a certain plan. Ideal to start learning with simple words and phrases. The most optimal phrase is "Kesha, good!". If your parrot's name is different, substitute his name. By calling a bird by name, you draw its attention to your words. Some advise to comment on the actions of the pet, for example, "Kesha eats", "Kesha washes", "Kesha plays", etc.
Training is best done in the morning and evening at the same time every day. The phrase and words must be repeated for about 10 minutes with one intonation, slowly, loudly and clearly. If suddenly you change the intonation, then put the bird at a dead end, it will no longer understand you. Remember that only lone parrots are capable of learning. Birds who have a pair, there is no need to communicate with the person. Best of all Corella perceive female voices.
The easiest way to learn a young bird. The most successful age for training a parrot is 35 days from the moment of leaving the nest. Training should take place in a relaxed atmosphere, where there will be no extraneous sounds that can distract him. Make sure that the pet does not overwork, otherwise he simply refuses to talk.
During class, you must ensure that the parrot was focused and listened to you carefully. If you notice that your pet is distracted by something, stop the activity. To make it easier for the buddy to memorize words, try to pronounce them to the point. Coming home, you can say “Hello!” To the pet, leaving “Bye!”. Short phrases and words parrots are better remembered in contact with a person. When learning long sentences or texts they will be helped by a tape recorder with records.
After the end of the class, if your parrot correctly pronounced the word, be sure to praise it and treat you to some delicacy. During the training be gentle, do not swear at the pet in case of failure.
The wavy parrot is a great pet for those who do not have enough space for large parrots, as well as for other animals. With an effort, you can teach the bird to speak individual words and phrases. Be affectionate towards your pet in order to achieve success in learning.