Shoes with an unusual name Chuni are of original Russian origin. Previously so called bast, woven from hemp. Now this word is called high warm sneakers for the house of felt, leather or fur.
We create chuni ourselves
Warm Chuni can be purchased in many stores or make their own hands. There are 2 options to make your own chuni: sew them from artificial or natural fur, or crochet or knit.
In order to sew yourself comfortable slippers, you should find a suitable material for this. Great Chuni come out of an old sheepskin coat, fur coat or coat. Natural fur is better, because in boots made of artificial material, legs will not feel so comfortable. In order for you to be comfortable, it is better to create an individual pattern for each leg. To do this, circle your feet with a pencil, marker or pen on a piece of cardboard. Such a pattern will allow you to take into account the features of your legs and make the chuni as comfortable as possible. The pattern of the upper part of such shoes is simple. There are many different variations.
You can knit crochet hooks or knitting needles. In this case, we also recommend that you use natural fiber yarn. You can knit with poles, and lace knitting, with a variety of patterns and weaves of threads. This is a matter of taste and your imagination.
How to sew chuni: a simple pattern
In order to make a chuni, prepare a piece of felt or sheepskin, scissors, a pencil, a measuring tape, a needle with a wide eyelet and thick threads.
- Measure the width and length of your foot. Determine what height the chuni will be and build the pattern according to your size.
- Transfer your pattern onto the fabric, adding a centimeter to the seams, and carefully cut out all the details. Remember that the fur should be inside. For the sole, use leather or its substitute. The chunas do not have a division into left and right, but if it is necessary for you, you can make small projections during cutting where the big toes are located separately for each boot.
- Stitch together all the parts carefully. If the material is dense, you can sew and hands, using decorative seams.
- If you want the chuni to sit on your leg as tightly as possible, do the lacing around the ankle joint.
How to sew a chuni from an old quilted coat
- Homemade warm chuni can be sewn from an old quilted coat or jacket. Cut out the details of the boot from unnecessary things.
- The side of each cell is 5 cm for 34-35 size, 5.5 cm for 36-37 size, etc.
- Sew the details of the boot with strong threads (you can even on the front side over the edge with large stitches). Sew a thick fabric heel to the additional insole and put in the boot.
- To make quuns quilted, you should carve out every detail twice, then lay wool between them, chop them up with pins and stitch on a sewing machine, making small squares. Absolutely any wool is well suited for quilting.
How to sew chuni for a child
Booties are, in fact, little baby chuni. Give your baby an original gift, sew warm homemade boots for him. Building a pattern of baby booties is not at all different from adult chunas, except that cutting a baby’s foot on paper will be much more difficult.
Decoration and decor - this is the main thing that must necessarily be in the childrens chuny. The child will love it if his little homemade boots have colorful pompons, funny applications in the form of animals or colorful bows.
- To make a pompon, prepare a pattern. To do this, draw a circle on the cardboard (its size is equal to the desired pompon size).
- In the middle of a large circle, draw a small circle. From its diameter will depend on the degree of pomp of the future pom-pom. The more you get the second circle, the tighter the pompon will be.
- For 1 pom-pom, 2 identical patterns are needed. Cut them out. Connect 2 patterns between each other and wind thread. Then cut all the threads along the end of your pattern.
- Thread between the 2 patterns and tie them tight. Fan pomponchik and trim.
It is not difficult to make chuni themselves, the process of their manufacture does not take much time. But on the other hand, you can please your relatives or friends with an original gift that will constantly remind you of you.