Ushanka cap remains an integral part of the history of Russia and a piece of clothing that has not lost its relevance until today. It is indispensable during harsh winters, protecting it from penetrating cold wind and frost.
In addition to its practicality, a cap with earflaps belongs to very beautiful hats. If desiredhat with a earflap can be sewed by itself. Of course, this will take time and effort, but the result will surpass all expectations.
How to sew a women's hat with earflaps?
- Prepare a centimeter, pattern paper, 0.5 m of lining material and cap material. First, measure the girth of the head, then draw a circle with a radius of ¼ of the obtained value on paper. Then bend the resulting circle in half and cut along the fold line. Retreat from the circle by 1 cm, the cut line is curved. From above, make 2 symmetrical undercuts 4 cm deep and 2 cm wide.
- Now draw a rectangle with sides of 18 and 12 cm. Cut one short side around the circumference. This will be the ears of hats with earflaps.
- From the received girth of head, subtract 24 cm, divide the remaining figure in half. Now with that length and height of 10 cm, draw 2 rectangles. One of them will be the back of the cap. Put the second rectangle along and cut along the circumference the 2 upper corners. From it will be a visor.
- Select parts from the base material - 2 parts of the cap and ears, one by one - the back part and the visor. Retreat from the edge of the pattern in width of 0.8 cm. Exactly the same number of parts cut out of the lining material, cutting the material strictly on the pattern. These parts should be smaller in size than the main fabric parts.
- The back of the lining and base material and sew the ears together. Then sew them around the edge. Now make the darts and sew the cap from the lining and base fabric, leaving only the line between the darts on the lining, not the stitched part. Visor sew details.
- Connect the cap along the side seams; on the seamy side mark the points that should be on the back of the head and in the middle of the forehead. The back of the ears fold in half and, starting from the middle of the head, sew symmetrically in both directions to the cap. After that, mark the middle of the visor and sew it to both sides of this point. Attach the lining cap to the visor and to the back with ears. Remove the cap through the hole left, then sew it. Your beautiful Ushanka hat is ready.
Fur hat ushanka: how to sew?
To sew a fur hat with fur, you will need lining fabric, fur pieces, plywood board, strings for ties. You can make such a hat from any fur that is at hand. Pieces even come from old fur products.
- From thick paper you need to build a pattern of future details of the caps: ears, visor and cap. The cap will consist of 2 parts. For it, you should draw a horizontal line 30.5 cm long, and in the middle, build a perpendicular line 14 cm high. From the point where 2 lines intersect, you need to back up vertically 2 cm. Then draw a horizontal line 28.5 cm long, way to cross exactly in the middle of the length of the vertical line.
- Further, 4 horizontal lines should be drawn with a length of 27, 25.8, 22.5, 17 cm and indentation 2 times 1.5 cm and 3 cm. On the vertical from the last point upwards it is necessary to retreat another 3 cm and mark the point. After that, connect all the points to the left and right with a smooth line to the top.
- It was the turn to mark dart. Up it is necessary to postpone on a central vertical of 4.5 cm, on 3 cm to the right and to the left on the lower horizontal from the central point. Then connect all 3 points with straight lines.
- Next, the pattern is constructed ear. To do this, draw a horizontal line with a length of 13.5 cm. Then it is divided in half, and a vertical line of 12 cm is drawn from the center. Bottom up, points 3, 3 and 3 cm, then 1.5 and 1.5 cm are marked. From horizontal lines with a length of 12.6 cm, 11, 9 and 7 cm are deposited. This is done in such a way that the middle of each line falls on the marked points. The resulting points are connected.
- Drawing pattern visor displays half the details. To build it, you need to draw a rectangle with sides of 11.5 and 13.5 cm. On the smaller side, you need to postpone 3 times 3 cm, 2 and 5 cm. To the opposite side of these points draw perpendiculars. Along these lines mark the points 0.5, 2, 3.5 and 11 cm. Then connect them with a smooth line that marks the front line of the visor.
- On the opposite side of the rectangle, which is smaller, you should postpone a length of 9.1 cm, then 0.8, 0.8 and 0.8 cm. From these points draw perpendiculars to the opposite side. On the second perpendicular, set aside 7 cm, and on the third - 10 cm. Connect a 9.1 cm mark with a smooth line with a point of the opposite angle and 0.8 / 7 cm and 0.8 / 10 cm marks. This will be the back line of the visor.
- Details of the pattern lay on the plywood, and then cut around with chalk. Pieces of fur, you can pick up or take a solid piece of the required size. Pieces should be attached to the patterns so that the nap is in the same direction. The color and its height should be consistent and the same.
- Pieces must be sewn with frequent stitches over the edge. At the same time on the wrong side should not get a nap. The stitched detail needs to be laid out, and the seam broken with a wooden mallet. Fur should be moistened, straightened pieces, with the help of cloves fasten them on the board outside with a nap and leave to dry.
- Fur must be removed from the plywood, put the pattern details and chalk, then cut out 2 details of the cap, visor and 4 details of the ears. First of all, it is necessary to gash the tucks of the cap, sew the cap, sew the visor and ears, twist the fur out and sew the ribbons.
- After that, lay out the fabric, details of the pattern, translate, cut, sew, smooth and sew into the hat.
Do you want to replenish your wardrobe with an exclusive winter thing, become even more stylish and fashionable and at the same time love and know how to sew? Thentry to sew a hat with earflaps with your own hands. It will take time and patience, but all your efforts will pay off in full, and one more unique thing will appear in your wardrobe.