Modern fashion requires from women a sufficient number of things in which every detail should be thought out. To be unique and save some money, many women sew things on their own. For example, it is almost 7 times cheaper to sew a tunic with your own hands than to buy it in a shop or order it in a studio.
To sew a tunic is quite simple - here you do not need to have special sewing skills, basic knowledge is enough.
How to sew a tunic with your own hands: choose a style
Currently, tunics are often sewn or bought for the beach. Beach tunics It is very easy to stitch, you only need to make 2 seams. Usually sew tunic straight and free cut - it perfectly hides the figure flaws. Today it is fashionable to wear a tunic with a high waist - the belt for such things is located under the breast.
You can sew a tunic from cotton, silk, chiffon and other light fabrics. The versatility of this outfit lies in the fact that it can be worn not only on the beach, but also for a walk into the city, complemented by jeans, shorts or leggings. Often, tunics are not made too long, but here you can improvise.
Universal version of the tunic do it yourself
- Measure the distance from the center of the chest to the desired length of the sleeve. To the resulting size, add 6 cm to the seams.
- Multiply the resulting number by 2. This is the length of the fabric you need. Fold the cut in half.
- Put the fabric fold up. Carefully cut the hole for the head of the desired size. Fold over the edges and overlap them.
- Try on the preparation of the tunic. On the sides of the fabric, measure the desired hemline + 4 cm into the seams.
- Cut the fabric at the last mark.
- Take measurements of half hip and arms girth. Measure half the arm circumference from the middle of the front and add 4 cm. This will be the minimum width of the sleeve.
- From the middle of the front folded in half, mark the half-hip hips - this will be the minimum hem width.
- On the fabric, draw a line from the floor line to the bottom of the sleeve. Fasten both sides with pins.
- Try on a tunic and correct it if something does not suit you.
- Back off from seams of 2 cm in the big party. Cut the fabric.
- Sew the tunic line along the side lines, process the hem and sleeve line with the overlock.
- Tunic with her hands ready. You can wear it for a walk in the park, a disco or a movie.
How to sew a tunic from pareo?
Sew a tunic with your own hands from a pareo - easier than ever!
- Choose a pareo of the desired color, which is wider than the girth of the largest part of your figure.
- Fold the pareo in half - this is the maximum length.
- Cut a hole for the head of the desired size. Process the edges on the overlock.
- On the waistline, fold the fabric in the front and back of the harmonica. Sew. In the resulting tunnel, you can insert a beautiful ribbon so that you can tighten the tunic.
- Sew the sides of the pareo, receding the distance on the sleeves.
- Tunic of pareo do it yourself! This tunic can be worn on the beach or for a walk in the summer.
How to sew a beach tunic with your own hands?
For a beach tunic, it is better to choose thin and light fabrics - silk, chiffon, cotton, etc. Beach tunic can be short and long - choose to your taste!
- Measure the distance from the center of the chest to the desired length of the sleeve. The length is measured with arms apart.
- Add 5 cm to the seams.
- Multiply the resulting length by 2 - this will be the length of the tunic.
- Fold the fabric in half. Cut a hole for the head in the middle of the fold line. Tighten the edges by 5 mm and process overlock. You can decorate the neckline with a braid or a satin ribbon.
- Measure on the fabric of the desired length of the beach tunic. Add 3 cm to the seams. Cut off excess fabric and hem edges.
- Take measurements of half hip and arms girth. Fold the fabric in half.
- Set aside half the arm circumference over the side.
- Set aside halfway down the hips halfway down the side. Add 6 cm to the seams.
- Try on the resulting tunic. On yourself form a model of the future tunic. Pin the resulting tunic with pins.
- Remove the tunic, sew the fabric on the sides.
- In the chest you can sew a beautiful brooch or embroider patterns with beads.
Tunic for the beach with your hands ready!
How to sew a dress tunic?
Dress tunic is a universal thing., which can be worn in any season. The thing can be combined with leggings, breeches, jeans, trousers and shorts. In order not to spend much on a dress tunic, sew it with your own hands. Pick a fabric according to your preferences.
- Make a pattern. To do this, draw a vertical line (AB) on paper, which is equal to the distance from the neck line down to the desired length of the tunic.
- Measure the half-hip hips + 3 cm. Perpendicular to the previous segment set aside the segment (CD), the resulting length.
- Decide on the width of the neck. The width can exceed the circumference of the head by 3 cm or be much larger if you want the tunic to fall off one shoulder. Having defined the size of the neck, put a dot on paper.
- From this point, set aside the length of the sleeve. The length of the sleeve should extend beyond the wrist line by 2 cm. Draw the line of the sleeve on the paper at a slight angle. In the middle of the segment, retreat down 2.5 cm and draw a point line to the wrist.
- Mark the width of the sleeve (PP). The sleeve can be made wide or narrow - at your discretion. Round off the sleeve connections to the main panel.
- Cut the resulting pattern and transfer it to the fabric. Cut out the details of the tunic, leaving an allowance of 3 cm for the seams.
- Cut the neckline oblique piping. Tighten the hem and sweep it on a typewriter or by hand. Do the same with the cuffs.
- On the sewing machine combine the details of the dress tunic.
This dress tunic can be worn in the club, at work or just go for a walk.
Sew a tunic with your own hands is not at all difficult. Show imagination, and then you will succeed. Tunic can be decorated with accessories or decorative elements, beads, beads, embroidery, appliqué, ribbons, brooches, flowers. Creative, and you get an exclusive tunic, which you will not find anywhere else!