An indispensable item - a teapot - is found in every home, and all housewives sooner or later face the problem of scaling in it. It does not matter what model you use: a raid forms in any. You can get rid of it if you know how to clean the kettle with citric acid - a simple and affordable tool.
Recall a school course in chemistry
Today there is a huge variety of filters that allow purifying drinking water from chlorine, debris, metal particles. But despite this. scum is still formed. To answer this question, why, we need to recall the lessons of chemistry, which dealt with the properties of salts. It is they who are in large quantities contained in water, and after decomposition under the action of high temperature, they emit carbon dioxide and solid precipitate. It settles on the walls of the kettle or on the heating element, if you use an electric model.
To neutralize this plaque, you need acid. And here is the problem: this connection is dangerous for human life, and in fact in the vessel we boil water for drinking! Citric acid comes to the rescue, with which you can clean the kettle from scale without harm to the human body.
One, two - and you're done!
Lime deposits that accumulate on the walls of the teapot can have a very negative effect on the organs of the urinary system, and this effect does not appear immediately, but over time. In addition, scale has a detrimental effect on the device itself. In electric models, the electric heater fails 3 times faster, and in ordinary kettles that heat up on the stove, it takes longer and longer to wait for boiling water.
So a proven way of telling how to clean an electric or ordinary kettle from limescale citrate, must be studied and applied. Moreover, it can be done in just 30 minutes. This is exactly what is needed to prepare and carry out the reaction between the acid (citric) and alkali (scale).
- We fill the kettle with cold water for 2/3.
- We pour into it 1-2 standard bags of lemon. The proportions of water and citric acid in order to clean the kettle are calculated depending on the degree of neglect. So for a standard model of 1-1.5 liters, 1 portion of a lemon will suffice. But if the device has a lot of lime deposits, then 2 packages may be required. In any case, do not worry too much about this: even with a small search of acid, there will be no harm for the equipment.
- Then there are two ways. First: for devices that are not too “overgrown” with scale, we leave the solution for 30-40 minutes or boil the solution for about 10 minutes. The second: if there is a lot of lime deposits in the kettle, then leave the solution for 5 hours or boil the contents for 20-30 minutes.
- Pour the liquid, wash the household appliance.
- Make two "control" boiling before you use water for food.
It also happens that after draining dirty water, scale still remains. Then it is worth repeating the procedure. But with regular (once every 2-3 weeks) processing, you will not have to boil water with citric acid - it will be enough to leave the solution for 15 minutes, and there will be no trace of lime on the walls and heating elements. And if the rust and plaque appeared on the outer walls of the kettle, then they can be removed using a sponge soaked in a solution of lemon.
Alternative cleaning methods
And what to do, if even after repeated cleaning the raid remained? Do not despair and delay the choice of a new kettle - let's try to save the old one! For this, in addition to citric acid, we need baking soda.
- Fill 2/3 of the kettle with cold water.
- Add 1 tsp. baking soda, boil for 3-5 minutes.
- Drain soda solution.
- Pour water again, pour asleep 1-2 sachets of citric acid, boil for 5-7 minutes.
- Pour the solution with acid, several times we wash the kettle with running water - and we are surprised at the cleanliness of the device.
- Before use, boil and drain the water another 2-3 times.
Some housewives prefer to clean the kettle ... pickle from cucumbers or tomatoes: they say, so less harmful than acid. In fact, the principle of the impact on plaque remains the same, and the lemon is not so harmful, because, for example, it is used for canning.
And finally, another very effective way to get rid of scale, which can permanently discourage the desire to drink carbonated drinks like Coca-Cola, Pepsi or Sprite.
- Open the drink, shake to release the gas.
- Fill the liquid in the kettle, put on the stove and bring to a boil.
- After 10-15 minutes, we merge the solution and wash the device - the whole coating has gone.
You do not have to throw away your favorite dishes, overgrown with scum, if you know how to clean the kettle with citric acid. For effective cleaning will require funds that are in every home, and the process itself will not take long. The main thing is to do it regularly. Then you don’t have to resort to additional measures - add soda or clean with cola: lemongrass will do fine itself.