Probably, every housewife faced such a problem as the appearance in the refrigerator of an unpleasant smell. It is sometimes difficult to remove it, but it is still possible. Most importantly, you must first determine the cause that provoked its formation. Only then can you find a way to solve the problem.
What could be the reasons for the smell in the fridge?
Food is stored in the refrigerator, so there is nothing surprising in the fact that an unpleasant smell can sometimes appear in it. The most important thing is that the aroma occurs when a large number of bacteria begins to multiply rapidly, which are dangerous to human health.
The main causes of unpleasant odor:
- Plastic dust may accumulate on the internal plastic parts and on the walls of the refrigerator. It will be enough to wash the device well and the smell will disappear. In this case, it will pass with time and independently, even if no action is taken;
- To provoke an unpleasant odor can and waste products of microbes that develop in spoiled food. It is important to remember that over time the flavor will only intensify, so you must immediately begin to act - first of all throw away all the missing products;
- The formation of mold can also lead to the appearance of an unpleasant odor. In this case, it will be necessary to thoroughly process all the internal surfaces of the refrigerator. At the same time, it is recommended to use modern disinfectants. All shelves are washed out with water with the addition of detergent; however, no aggressive cleaning powders and sprays can be used.
How to deal with the problem?
Today, there are a large number of different ways to deal with an unpleasant odor in the refrigerator.
- A simple napkin is taken and moistened in vinegar, then all the walls of the refrigerator are carefully wiped. It is advisable to use not pure vinegar, but a solution in a 1: 1 ratio. So that after such a procedure the unpleasant odor completely disappears, a cotton wool moistened in this solution is left on the shelf of the refrigerator for exactly 2 hours;
- The walls and shelves of the refrigerator are well rubbed with ammonia, and the door is left open throughout the day to erode the whole smell, then you can put the products in place;
- Simple baking soda can help. You will need to take 1 tbsp. water in which soda is diluted and refrigerated. This substance can also be used as a prophylactic agent - poured into a plastic container and put on the shelf of the refrigerator. At the same time on the lid of the container should be made small holes so that the soda can absorb unpleasant odors. It is important to remember that the tool must be changed every 3 months, otherwise there will be no benefit from it;
- Get rid of the unpleasant smell in the refrigerator will help activated or charcoal. For this purpose, a small handful of coal is taken and poured out on a plate (saucer), then placed on the shelf of the refrigerator.
We struggle with unpleasant smell
To combat the unpleasant odor in the refrigerator, you can use time-tested folk methods:
- Coffee is able to overcome almost all unpleasant odors. It will be enough to place only a couple of grains of natural coffee or ground coffee (a small pinch) in the refrigerator. However, we must remember that the smell will only be masked by the aroma of coffee, so you need to find and eliminate the source of its appearance;
- Plain tap water is poured into a small jar and placed on the shelf of the refrigerator, but very carefully so that water does not spill. The bank does not need to close the lid. Exactly after 4 days, you need to change the water to fresh;
- Soda and lemon peel. We must take a lemon and cut it into equal halves. All pulp is removed from one part of the lemon, but the crust should remain intact. Then a small pinch of baking soda is placed in the lemon rind and placed on the shelf of the refrigerator. Every week you have to throw away the old crust and lay out a new one;
- Incenses can help too. It is necessary to completely release the bottom shelf in the fridge, then put a few sticks of your favorite incense on it and leave for 10 minutes. After the sticks are removed, such a procedure can be carried out 1 time per week;
- Perfectly remove the unpleasant odor from the refrigerator cereals. It is necessary to take 100 grams of any grains (buckwheat, rice, wheat, etc.) and place in a vessel in which a little water is poured. It is necessary that the grains begin to swell and absorb odors;
- You can use spices. Cinnamon, cloves, coriander, basil are laid out on the shelves of the refrigerator and left for a couple of hours. At the same time it is necessary to remove all products and close the door. You can also put the spices along with the products, but it is important to remember that they will only mask the unpleasant smell, but not remove it;
- Citrus. You can use the peel of lemon, grapefruit, orange. The crust is crushed and laid out on different shelves of the refrigerator. Due to saturated essential oils, an unpleasant odor is masked;
- Tinctures and herbs. It is recommended to use linden, thyme, melissa, mint. Infusions of these herbs help to get rid of the unpleasant aroma in the refrigerator, especially if they are used regularly. Herbs are crushed, a decoction is prepared and placed on the shelf of the refrigerator. Also such broths can be used also for wiping shelves and doors of the device;
- Bread is cut into slices (1-2 cm thick) and placed overnight in an empty refrigerator. In the morning the bread is removed;
As preventing the formation of unpleasant odors in the refrigerator, It is recommended to follow a few simple rules:
- All products should be stored only in the closed state (plastic bag, food film, jar, container, pan);
- Wash the refrigerator at least 2 times a year, while it is important to immediately remove all contaminants (blood from meat, spilled milk, juice, etc.).
Not enough to know how to remove the smell from the refrigerator, for it is still necessary to prevent its appearance in the future. Subject to the use of one of the above methods of dealing with unpleasant odors, after cleaning the device, it is necessary to give him time to work "for nothing" and only 1-2 hours to lay the products.