Superglue has entered our lives since the last century. It is an adhesive that can solve problems in a matter of seconds due to breaks, chips, breakdowns of something. Glues it quickly and firmly. But this is his peculiarity and it has a negative effect with inaccurate use and contact with the skin. Let's figure out how to remove superglue from your fingers.
Superglue: a short essay
Superglue is known worldwide for bonding strength, versatility and ease of use. When a hole or crack needs to be repaired or you need to quickly glue something together, superglue is the first material that artisans and ordinary people use as an emergency aid to solve a problem. And even in the handbags of modern fashionistas you can find it.
Such adhesives are based on cyanoacrylates. They are characterized by quick setting, durability of the gluing seam, instantaneous action, although the full effect occurs after 24 hours. However, one should take into account the fact that shear strength is low. Types of cyanocrylate-based adhesives have also been used in medicine for gluing wounds and stopping bleeding.
Security measures when working with glue
Of course, you must avoid getting the glue in your eyes or taking it inside. It is necessary to work with such materials in a well-ventilated area, since the vapors of the active substance can irritate the mucous membranes. In addition, cyanoacrylate can cause allergic reactions on the skin, as well as irritation of its integument.
It should be borne in mind that when gluing synthetic materials or natural fibers, an exothermic reaction is almost always observed. Therefore, it is necessary to protect against possible burns due to the amount of heat released.
The first results occur in seconds, which often leads to the gluing of fingers or with the materials with which they worked. No need to despair! The following are effective ways to eliminate such troubles.
We remove superglue from the skin
Before you begin to work, you need to know how to remove superglue "Moment" from the hands in case of contact with the skin. The first step should be an immediate impact on the smeared area of the skin with warm soapy water, followed by an attempt to remove the adhesive from the skin.
If the result is negative, after drying your hands, you can use an acetone-containing liquid, for example, to remove nail polish. Acetone is an essential ingredient because it is a good solvent for liquid cyanoacrylate. Wiping glue-covered areas with a gauze cloth helps remove it from the skin. However, you should not use cotton wool, as well as such liquids near wounds, mucous membranes or on skin with hypersensitivity:
- on the lips;
- around the eyes;
- on the wings of the nose.
Also one of the means by which you can remove the Moment glue from the hands are the abrasive surface of the nail file and pumice stone. Dried skin should be exposed to them, but care should be taken not to touch deeper layers when removing the epithelium. The easiest way is to allow the glue to peel off on its own during the skin renewal process.
In addition to the above methods, people's ingenuity and the path of trial and testing allow us to recommend the following products that are effective in combating superglue adhering to the skin:
- A mixture of acetone and WD40 aerosol preparation in one-to-one proportion with abundant application gives a good result.
- The solution prepared from 60 ml of liquid laundry detergent and a glass of hot water, when rubbed for 10-20 minutes, can help get rid of a thick layer of adhesive.
- Holding hands for some time in a warm, soapy water solution helps to conquer the adhesive qualities of the adhesive.
- Salt solution based on water and lemon juice. It is necessary to dissolve 2 tbsp. l juice in lukewarm water and rub into the skin affected by the adhesive, followed by washing under running water. With a weak result, you can increase the duration of rubbing and add a little solution. Using this method will give a peculiar effect of peeling - free the skin from dead fractions and add softness to it.
- Vodka is a universal solvent. Having poured vodka into the container, holding the fingers in it with the affected skin, and subsequently wiping them with salt, you can easily get rid of the dried glue.
- Solvents for paints and varnishes can be used as a means for removing dried glue on the hands. Wash hands thoroughly with soap after handling.
- By typing in a handful of salt and later rubbing hand in hand, you can get rid of glue.
- Motorists are advised to use brake fluid or carburetor cleaning agents for these purposes, but do not forget about careful hand washing and safety measures.
- Perhaps the use of creams based on vaseline, sunscreen sprays or scrubs to clean the skin.
- It will help and simple soap, put on the contaminated surface of the skin and followed by peeling.
Summing up, you need to pay attention to the precautions when working with superglue, and when removing it from the skin surface in case of contact with it. Gloves made of rubber or latex are not so expensive, so they should be purchased and used when working with glue. You also need to remember that in the case of gluing, for example, fingers, you should not sharply separate them, because you can be injured. We must try to unzip them using rotational motion. I wish you success!