Even a small drop of glue can completely ruin your favorite thing. Therefore, it will be useful for each hostess to learn how to remove such a stain from clothes so as not to spoil the product. The most important thing to remember is that it will be much easier and faster to remove fresh contamination, unlike a dried drop. Today there is a huge variety of ways to solve this problem.
How to remove the glue from the clothes?
To remove glue from clothes, use the following methods.
- In the event that PVA glue gets on the fabric, it is necessary to soak a spot with a stain as soon as possible (only warm water should be used) and then to wash it thoroughly with any powder;
- You will need to take a piece of cotton or a rag and moisten in denatured alcohol or vinegar, and then rub the stain well. After about half an hour, the product should be soaked in warm water and fully washed;
- If silicate glue gets on your clothes, you can use the following method to remove it. The product should be soaked in warm water as early as possible and left for about 2-3 hours. After the specified time, you should wash the thing well using soap, a brush or a sponge. At the end, the product is washed with a powder, then it must be rinsed out in warm water;
- To remove the silicate glue, you can use another method. Pour warm water into a basin, dissolve any laundry detergent in it (2-3 tbsp.), Add the same amount of baking soda. In the resulting solution, soak the spoiled item for 3 hours, and after the indicated time has elapsed, the spot area is washed with three sponge or brush. At the end we erase the thing with the use of powder and thoroughly rinse it;
- You can remove the glue with acetone. However, it is worth remembering that this technique is not suitable for thin and colored fabrics, as there is a risk to spoil the color or texture. The use of acetone and for cleaning synthetic materials is strictly prohibited. So, you need to take a simple cotton swab and moisten it in acetone, and then carefully treat the spot. At the end, the product is washed with powder and rinsed in warm water;
- In some cases, it can help and cold. If the glue was not smeared over the material, while it remained a thick drop or applied in a thick layer, you can use the same technique to remove it as when removing the gum. First, the product is placed in a plastic bag and temporarily left in the freezer or on the balcony, if it is cold outside. As soon as the fabric hardens well, with a sharp knife or needle, you should try to gently clean the glue;
- The use of iron. In some cases, the following method may help. First of all, the soiled product should be washed well, and then allowed to dry completely. Now turn on the iron and set the maximum temperature that is allowed for a specific type of fabric (from which the thing is sewn) and iron the product from 2 sides. This procedure should be carried out until, under the influence of high temperatures, the structure of the adhesive does not begin to break down, as a result of which it simply lags behind the fabric. You should not worry if there is a dark spot left in place of the glue, as it can be easily washed;
- Use vinegar. In some cases, the use of vinegar can help, or rather its solution. To make such a cleaning vinegar solution, you must take boiled water (200 g) and dissolve vinegar in it (1 tsp). The resulting mixture plentifully wets the contaminated area and leave for a couple of minutes. Then you need to rinse the product well in cold water. If necessary, this cleaning procedure can be repeated several times;
- The use of gasoline. It is worth remembering that this method is not for everyone. To remove a fresh stain of glue, you need to take a cotton swab and moisten it with gasoline, then treat the contaminated area and lightly rub it. Then the product must be well washed. However, this technique is not suitable for removing old and dried glue stains;
- In the event that none of the above remedies helped to get rid of glue stains, then you should take advantage of modern preparations. Virtually every construction store has a tool for sale that removes glue stains from clothes, hands, and furniture. The basis of such products is silicon dioxide and propylene carbonate, which is why they help to quickly get rid of impurities of any prescription.
How to clean super glue?
It will be much more difficult to remove superglue from clothing, but with the right and timely approach, this problem can be solved. It is worth using the following tips:
Most manufacturers recommend using simple acetone to remove superglue from clothes. Of course, it cannot be used to clean synthetic, colored and delicate fabrics;
If the glue stain has been planted on a dense fabric with coarse weaving, you must first let it dry completely and only then proceed with the cleaning. As soon as the glue dries, you need to beat it off properly - knock it with any hard object and carefully remove it with a sharp sewing needle. Then the contaminated area is rinsed with hot water, the item is washed with a powder;
To remove a fresh stain from superglue that has not yet dried out, it is recommended to use a mixture consisting of 10% nitromethane and acetone for cleaning. However, before proceeding directly with the cleaning process, it is first necessary to apply a little solution on an imperceptible area of the product. If the fabric does not shed, it can be safely applied. After processing the stain, the thing must be thoroughly washed;
If the stain was planted with low-quality glue made in China, in some cases it is quite enough plain water. Soiled thing just need to soak for a while (water should be hot), then scrape off the remaining glue and wash clothes;
The most effective is a special tool designed to remove stains from super glue. You can buy it not only in hardware stores, but also in supermarkets. To get rid of pollution and not to spoil the thing, you must strictly adhere to the instructions.
How to remove glue from clothes, which remained from rhinestones?
To date, there is no effective method for removing rhinestones from clothes, as they leave a rather noticeable adhesive trace on the fabric. Only thermo rhinestones can be removed, but this is not always the case.
In this case, it is recommended to use a special soldering iron for stasis, which can be heated to the melting point of the glue. As soon as the soldering iron is heated, it must be carefully attached to the crystal and heated it. During this procedure, the adhesive base melts. Then gently remove the crystal with tweezers. It is strictly forbidden to take it with your hands, you risk getting a serious burn!
However, even this method of removing rhinestones has a significant disadvantage - there is a possibility that there will still be a glue trace on the fabric. This method is ideal if you are changing the crystal to a new one - for example, if the rhinestones are dark, cracked, dimmed, or simply lost their attractive appearance.
In this case, you can apply and white spirit. However, the liquid must be applied strictly on the wrong side of the materials and precisely in the place where the crystal is attached. We must wait a couple of minutes, then just remove the decorative element. Before you apply this tool, you must first test the fabric in an inconspicuous area, if the paint does not fade and the fabric does not deteriorate, then it can be used.
You can use another method - warm up the glue that holds the rhinestones with a hot iron. This procedure should be carried out only from the wrong side of the material, it is recommended to use gauze or other thin fabric. It is worth remembering that the glue tends to harden quickly, so it is necessary to process the rhinestones alternately - warmed, removed, warmed, removed, etc.
To remove adhesive residue, you can use traditional methods or professional cleaning products. However, if you do not clean up the dirt on your own, the ideal option would be to dry-clean things. Experts will help you to return the original look to your favorite clothes.