Few women love flowers. This is especially true of those roses. A bouquet or even a single flower is nice to receive with or without. In order for such beauty to please the eye for longer than 2-3 days, many even grow them on their window sills and suburban areas. Usually, for this purpose, cuttings already prepared for planting are purchased, which have undergone a careful selection and which exactly take root in the conditions of the Russian climate. But sometimes women are interested in how to plant a cut rose. Even from such cuttings can grow this flower.
How to plant a gift rose? Selection of flowers and stems
The difficulty of planting and growing cut roses is that the plants are diligently treated with such a quantity of chemicals to preserve their condition in cut form, that they are simply not suitable for reproduction. But, nevertheless, if you still have a question about how to plant a rose from a bouquet, you should sort out the selection of suitable cuttings.
Unfortunately, the chances that it will be possible to reproduce imported copies are minimal. It is because of the abundant processing "chemistry". This applies to the beautiful Dutch beauties with a long stem. But with Russian roses you can try your luck, although nobody will give a 100% guarantee anyway.
- If there is a desire to extend the life of the donated flowers after only a few days, then it is easier to discard it. Nothing will come of this venture. Roses, either on the very first day, are set in motion, or are thrown away after they start to fade in a vase.
- Pay attention to the state of the stem. Here it is important to grasp the middle ground when there is neither stiffness nor excessive flexibility. Requires a soft stalk with the first signs of hardness. In addition, the thickness is also important.
- In the breeding stalk should be found at the bottom and top of the bud. This can be considered as a unique identification mark suitable for planting plants.
Preparing the cutting for planting
If you managed to keep all the points, and the desire to put the presented flowers on growing exactly the same indoor roses, did not disappear, you must proceed to the next stage. They are preparing the stem for planting. To do this, first of all it is modified in the cutting by pruning.
- From above, both blooming flowers and buds that appear are removed. They can be dried and put in a flat low vase. In this way they will be able to please the eye for a few more days, and then they will be suitable for adding to the bath.
- The stems are cut so that the height of the prepared cutting does not exceed 15-20 cm. And at least a pair of buds must be on this area. For the lower slice, you will have to retreat about 1 cm. It is made along a scythe. The top will be straight. Height above the kidney - 0.5-1 cm.
- Also eliminated leaves and thorns, which otherwise begin to absorb moisture abundantly. The lowest ones will provoke the process of decay, as they will be in contact with the soil. You also need to make sure that the knife that is used for cutting is sharp and does not tear the fibers of the stem.
- The last step is fixing the cutting and stimulating the formation of roots. In order to seal the upper cut, in most cases, paraffin wax is used, which can be obtained by melting any store candle. Some gardeners recommend instead using potassium permanganate instead. It is not excluded the use of green leaf and iodine.
- The lower cut is necessary to slash the knife crosswise, then moisten in aloe juice and soak them for half a day.
The start of growth processes of the root system is usually facilitated by water, in which potassium permanganate is added. The concentration here should be such that the water has acquired a light pink shade. Despite the positive effect of potassium permanganate on plants, if the dosage is not followed, the rose may die. In addition to it, any other solution purchased from a specialized store is used for the same purpose. For example, "Heteroauxin", having the form of a powder or tablets of potassium salt, requiring dilution with water. It should be noted that it smells unpleasant. However, there are no toxins in it. On 5 l. water is taken 1 tablet or 0.1 g. powder. Soaking cuttings is carried out at 14-16 h.
The analogue of this drug is "Kornevin", the methods of use of which exist 2. A moist cut is treated with dry powder, after which it is immediately determined into the soil. Dr. a way - in 5 l. water dissolve 5 gr. means, after which the cuttings are soaked for 6 hours. Immersion is carried out not more than 3-4 cm.
How to plant a rose from cuttings?
Work with the handle is no less important than its preliminary preparation. The basic principles here are the same as with store roses. First, the conditions for landing.
The pot in which the rose will grow needs to be treated with a solution of potassium permanganate, the concentration of which is the same as when soaking the cutting. After that, the bottom is lined with fine drainage or small stones. They are poured either ground for roses, or a simple turf ground. This layer is required for rooting the stem and its root formation. Finally, a layer of sand is added, which must be rinsed well. Its thickness should be about 3 cm.
- When the cutting is inserted into the ground, you need to follow a few things.
- Do not allow roots to sink into soddy soil. This can lead to decay and death of the plant. You can navigate to the kidneys: the first is buried in the ground, and the second should be above it.
- For each flower, it is desirable to take a separate pot. But if it became necessary to place several in one, it is worth making sure that there is a “dead zone” around them with a radius of 8-10 cm.
- Young cuttings need a greenhouse that the house will have to create artificially. To do this, use plastic bottles, the hole in which necessarily closes. If there is no such capacity, you should take a simple plastic bag. Before covering the plant, it creates a "shower" with ordinary water at room temperature.
- The first 3-4 weeks of roses should be kept warm. For example, near the batteries. But not in direct sunlight. The total air temperature varies between 23-25 ° C. Should maintain air humidity. This is achieved not only by careful irrigation, but also by frequent “shower”. Spray better to take fine.
Whether the cut roses could get acclimatized can be said only a month later, when sprouts appear in the area of the leaf axils. But unlike the usual scheme of growing flowers, the cut roses have to eliminate the buds during the first 2 years. Otherwise, the root system will stop its development, and the plant will die. So what about the flowering for this period will have to forget.
Tips for growing roses at home
- A rose planted in a bouquet will have to monitor soil moisture for a long time. Watering is required to carry out daily at least 2 times a day. It is best to do this at the beginning and at the end of the day, keeping an interval of 10-12 hours. We should not allow the land to dry out.
- Experienced gardeners recommend making a “shower” on newly-planted cuttings for the first 2 weeks every 2 hours. After this period, reduce the frequency to a two-time spraying. Watering is not excluded from the schedule.
- Rose, like any other plant, loves good lighting. Especially bad for her in the winter, when daylight is too short. In this case, come to the aid of lamps of artificial light, under which it is required to place.
- Before you change the cuttings place of residence, sending them from the apartment to the dacha, will have to adapt to the new conditions. For example, hold some time on the balcony. Preferably glazed.
Proper preparation of cuttings and good plant care do not provide a full guarantee that the cut rose will take root. At the same time, their observance will allow minimizing the risks of a negative outcome. At first, it is very important to accelerate the development of the root system. Further growth of a rose depends on it. The plant must be strengthened by special means and to prevent its flowering.