Newspaper - an excellent and affordable material for creating crafts.. From the newspaper tubes can make baskets, braids, purses, rugs, plates, panels and much more useful.
An ordinary newspaper can be found in any family, but instead of throwing out a newspaper, twist out of it tubules that can be painted and made of them into anything your heart desires.
How to make newspaper tubes?
Before you decide how to paint newspaper tubes, you need to learn how to do them.
For the manufacture of newspaper tubes You will need:
- Office knife or scissors.
- PVA glue.
Instructions for making newspaper tubes
- Bend a newspaper sheet along in half.
- Cut the newspaper at the fold.
- Bend the strips and cut again. From one newspaper sheet turns 4 strips.
- Take a knitting needle, attach it to a corner of a newspaper strip at an angle of 30 degrees and twist the strip into a tube with rotational movements. When twisting, hold the edge of the newspaper.
- On the half of the tube remove the needle, twist, and glue the edge of the PVA. The newspaper tube is ready.
- Apply a primer to the newspaper tube and wait for it to dry.
- Do this as many tubes as necessary.
What is the best way to paint newspaper tubes?
- Stain or stain. This is a water-soluble dye, which is used for painting wooden and paper products. After dyeing products getrich color of dark chocolate. In order to achieve a better effect, a horizontal surface is painted with a stain, first along, and then across. In conclusion, the stain again put along. On the vertical surface stain is applied from the bottom up.
- Often use a stain based on alcohol solvents, but it can leave stains. To prevent this from happening, you need to slightly moisten the newspaper tube with warm water, after which it will be possible to proceed to staining. In addition to the stain, you can use anysynthetic paint for wool, fur, wool and paper fabrics.
- Acrylic paints. Acrylic paints of any color can be used to paint newspaper tubes. To give newspaper tubes an aesthetically finished look, water-based acrylic paints are perfect. Acrylic paint is easy to use - it is soft, colorful and gives the tubes a beautiful glossy shade. To get the desired consistency, acrylic paint diluted with water. After applying the product should dry for about half an hour.
- Watercolor paints- they are not too bright and transparent, so they need to be diluted with water. In addition to multi-colored watercolors, suitable golden, bronze or silver watercolor.
- Gouache - excellent value for money. Gouache can be bought at any office supply store. If necessary, you can buy art gouache, but it is slightly more expensive than usual. Before staining newspaper tubes, gouache is diluted with water to a state of liquid sour cream. The main colors of gouache, like other paints - red, yellow, green, white, blue, black. For other shades, mix the primary colors. To get orange, mix yellow with red; to get purple - red with blue; pink - white with red, etc. If you add a little white paint, you get a gentle shade. To get the shades of brown, add black paint to the primary colors.
- Food colors, brilliant green, iodine and even hair dyesuitable for staining newspaper tubes. After staining, be sure to dry the tubes in the sun or in the oven. Newspaper tubes can be painted with a foam sponge or brush.
- For painting finished products from newspaper tubes can be usedpaint for the car in a can.
- Coated newspaper tubes are recommended to cover. clear varnish, preferably in several layers. Lacquer coating will make the product more durable and durable, it will not be afraid of water. Varnished product will long please your eye.
You can paint newspaper tubes with just about anything., Only before painting, the coloring matter is diluted with water.
Products from newspaper tubes look beautiful and interesting. Therefore, if you do not know what to do in your spare time, do not waste it, but make original products. Just do not forget to paint the newspaper tubes to make the crafts look bright and fresh!