Homeland stretch ceilings - a controversial issue. But the impetus for the spread of them around the world gave France. This country has improved the quality of suspended ceilings. The peak of the popularity of suspended ceilings there fell on the 60s of the last century. However, before Russia, this type of finish came late - in the 90s.
In Russia, stretch ceilings began to be engaged first in the capitals (Moscow and St. Petersburg). And only then, after the approval of VIP clients, this type of decoration began to spread throughout all parts of our country. Only a few he could afford.
Today, a middle-income person can afford a stretch ceiling in an apartment., since the development of technology simplified tensioning of the ceilings, which influenced their value.
What is stretch ceilings?
Stretch ceiling - This is a construction made from a special material, which is fixed by craftsmen under the main ceiling on a metal (usually aluminum) or plastic frame.
Types of stretch ceilings
The main form of the stretch ceiling is an elastic canvas stretched across the entire area of the ceiling.
Exists two types of stretch ceilings: stretch ceilings made of PVC film and seamless stretch ceilings.
- Most of today's stretch ceilings are made from soft polyvinyl chloride film (PVC). It is very thin, does not exceed the thickness of 0.35 mm. Despite this, the material is quite durable. Such a film can withstand the bounce of champagne cork.
- Other material for suspended ceilings - thin polyester fabric, which is impregnated with a special substance - thermosetting polyurethane. Ceilings made from this material are called seamless. Polyester fabric is stronger than PVC film up to 20 times. Unlike PVC film, rolls of polyester fabric are so wide that they avoid seams on the canvas during repair work. From here stretch ceilings of this type also received the name.
Recommendations before installing suspended ceilings
Before installing stretch ceilings, you must:
- Remove from the room objects that under the influence of high temperatures can be damaged, because when installing a stretch ceiling using a heat gun.
- Agree on the location of the fixtures. Wizards are planning to install lighting devices on the ceiling in advance.
- Do not change the design of the room after measurements made by experts. On the production already make the pattern of the canvas.
- Arrange access to the walls.
Stretch ceiling installation
- Technology installation of stretch ceilings of any kind is to a few centimeters retreat from existing ceiling (from 3 cm and more). This is necessary so that the masters can mount lamps, wiring and other necessary devices into the ceiling.
- Stretch ceiling material mounted on aluminum or plastic profile. He, in turn, is fixed on the ceiling-based or walls using a special technology dowel-screw.
- All the irregularities between the coupling of the stretch ceiling and the walls are hidden with the help of a plastic decorative lining of flexible or solid PVC.
- Professionally installed suspended ceiling will serve you for a long time.. A good company is sure to provide a stretch ceiling guarantee for 10 or more years.
- Stretch ceilings waterproof, shockproof, fireproof. In addition, they provide thermal and sound insulation of the room.
See also:How to wash stretch ceilings?
Care for stretch ceilings is absolutely not needed, because they do not form condensate, do not absorb odors and do not accumulate electricity. The film, though made of non-natural materials, is absolutely safe for humans.
For the manufacture and installation of suspended ceilings should contact the good masters and reliable company. They will calculate the cost of work and offer you stretch ceilings for every taste and wealth.