Paper is a versatile material from which to create original crafts. Very popular products made in the technique of papier-mâché of toilet paper. These can be toys, decorations or accessories. If the manufacturing technology is not broken, then the things are not only beautiful, but also durable.
Subtleties of manufacturing material
Papier-mâché is a method of making paper and glue crafts. There are several techniques of paper crafts, the essence of which boils down to the fact that to enhance the strength of using different options for sticking paper.
- The 1st way is that small pieces of paper in several layers are glued to the base. Such a technology for making a basis for handicrafts is called machining, or multi-layer papier-mâché.
- The 2nd method involves breaking the paper into individual fibers, mixing it with glue and working with a plastic, well-formed mixture.
- The third way is that the paper is crushed, processed by paste and used in this form.
For the manufacture of papier-mâché of toilet paper and PVA used the 2nd method. As a result, the mass is obtained:
- easily processed;
Papier-mache based on toilet paper are usually made Christmas decorations and masks. If you add gouache to the mass of such material, then the basis for further creativity will be colored.
3 papier-mâché recipes
Raw materials for handicrafts made from papier-mâché on the basis of toilet paper turn out to be rather coarse in texture, but it is convenient to form small parts from it. As a binding element, use either glue or paste. In the second case, the mass dries faster and is better impregnated. There are several ways to make papier-mache for creativity.
Option number 1
- 2 rolls of medium quality toilet paper;
- PVA glue.
- Put the rolls in a small pan.
- Fill with water so that the paper is covered completely.
- We put on a small fire and, constantly stirring, bring to a state of homogeneity.
- Lean mass in a colander.
- We squeeze out the excess water, hands divide the rolls into pieces.
- Blender grind to fine fibers.
- We spread everything on cellophane or cling film and give dry for 20-30 minutes.
- Pour the right amount of fiber into the bowl.
- Add a little glue and knead papier-mâché. Base for crafts ready. If the base piece is too large, then the excess can be wrapped in a film and put in the refrigerator.
Option number 2
- 2 rolls of toilet paper;
- 1.5 liters of water;
- PVA glue;
- 3 tbsp. l linseed oil;
- piece of gauze;
- Hands tearing the paper into small pieces.
- Fill it with water so that all the paper "drowned."
- In a day we filter through gauze. But we do it so that some of the water still remains in the paper.
- Spread the mass on a plate.
- Add about 450 g of glue, pouring it in portions and constantly stirring.
- Pour in the oil to the mass was elastic.
- Knead the workpiece.
Option number 3
If you are wondering how to make papier-mâché of toilet paper on homemade paste, then the following description is for you.
- 2 rolls of toilet paper;
- 8 tsp. starch (corn or potato);
- 1.5 liters of water.
- We tear paper into small pieces, put it in a bowl and fill it with water.
- We are waiting for disintegration of the material for about 3 hours. To speed up the process, you can just bake it for 30 minutes.
- Mash mass with hands, wring out.
- Starch is diluted in cold water and set on medium heat.
- Warm paste paste into the pulp, mix. Papier-mache is ready for further work.
Papier-mâché of toilet paper can be made in several ways. It is only important to prepare the paper, as well as to determine which binder you plan to work on. If the cellulose fibers turned out more than was calculated, then know that the remaining materials are stored for about a month, but always in the cold.