Euharis - an unusual lily, intended for indoor cultivation, has long and successfully caught on in the middle lane. The plant is undemanding to care, however, failure to comply with a number of rules leads to the fact that its decorativeness drops significantly, and for the sake of what he planted, does not occur. This, of course, is about flowering, which is easy to achieve, but sometimes problems arise with this stage of euharis development.
Why does the euharis not bloom at home?
Most often, problems with flowering of euharis are caused by improper care of the plant, and only 10-12% are factors independent of its owner. Therefore, the flowering of euharis is almost completely in your hands.
- A pot that is too large is a likely cause of non-tied buds. The peculiarity of this plant is that its root system must completely “embrace” the clod of earth in which it sits. Until he reaches such a position, he will send all the forces to the roots, so that they cover the ground, and, consequently, the flowering will be postponed indefinitely.
- The bulb has not entered the adult phase. There is also some reference to the previous paragraph about incomplete coverage of the roots of the earth, but there is another nuance: the bulb is not yet ready to produce children, after which the buds are tied on fresh shoots. In this situation, nothing remains but patient waiting.
- Violations of the schedule of activity and rest, leading to disruptions in the biological cycle of euharis. Everything is quite simple here: unlike other plants, the euharis should not be alone 1, but 2 times a year, and if it happens that he doesn’t take time for rest, his activity also turns out to be insufficient, and just for flowering no strength left.
In addition, the absence of buds may be accompanied by other symptoms. In particular, one may notice complaints that the leaves of the euharis turn yellow and die, which, of course, does not contribute to the appearance of flowers. What is the reason?
- It is worth noting immediately that we are not talking about a natural change of cover: if 2-3 leaves have turned yellow and fallen, and after (after 7-10) days the situation has repeated, there is no reason for concern. Much worse - if, in addition to color changes, dark spots form on the surface of the sheet, increasing in size, after which dying begins.
- The reason for such a deterioration in the condition of the plant most often lies in violations of the root system: it can be hypothermia or waterlogging, the latter often in the heavy phase is accompanied by rotting.
Of course, it is reasonable to assume that in case of such problems, the euharis does not bloom. What to do?
- Transplantation is the most reasonable solution. However, this should not be a simple movement of the bush from the pot to the pot, but with preliminary disinfection and purification: the roots should be checked for the presence of affected areas, which must be eliminated, after which the cut points are dried with crushed coal. Then a new pot is prepared with fresh soil, to which euharis is transferred.
After transplantation, it is advisable to pay special attention to the plant and adjust the key parameters for caring for it: watering, lighting, air temperature.
How to make euharis bloom?
We managed to figure out the reasons for the possible lack of buds, but now it’s worth understanding how to prevent such a situation, or how to fix it. Experts remind you that it will take several months to return a flower to a healthy state, so the measures taken proved to be effective, you will not be able to understand immediately. Therefore, to track the performance of all items is desirable for a long time.
- Cachepot. As already mentioned, the euharis needs such a “place of residence” that is not 2-3 times larger than itself: it is recommended to take a container with a diameter of up to 20 cm, but elongated upwards, and at the same time place there up to 3-4 bulbs. As they grow older, the flower is transplanted, but they do this no more than once every 4 years, and the diameter of the pot is also picked up a little more than the diameter of the bush. An important caveat - transplantation should be carried out after flowering, otherwise the latter in the current year can no longer be expected. In addition, children are not separated from the main bulb - it will also negatively affect flowering.
- Temperature mode. Euharis needs heat, so in summer and spring it is desirable that the thermometer does not fall below 18 degrees: this is a period of active growth. In winter and autumn, when the flower is resting, the temperature should not exceed 16 degrees, but it is better to keep it within 12-14 degrees. In this case, sharp drops in the night and daytime are unacceptable.
- Biological rhythm. It is difficult to track down the rest period precisely for the reason that the dying off of the leaves is not massive, but few people notice 1-2 dropped leaves and understand it correctly. Therefore, the focus is on the withering of flower stalks: they need to be removed, then stop fertilizing the soil and reduce the frequency of watering. In addition, it is worth moving the pots to a cooler place, away from the sun. It is recommended to move back to the window only after the release of new shoots - a sign of entering the active stage.
As for the less important nuances - fertilizing, as well as watering, the latter is made as the top layer of the substrate dries, and fertilizer is required only during the flowering of euharis, every 14-15 days. Compliance with all the above conditions will reduce the likelihood of the absence of tying buds and will allow you to admire the white asterisks of flowers in due time.