The appearance of a kitten in the apartment is associated with a number of difficulties in arranging a pet's life, in particular, a place for sharpening claws. A do-it-yourself cat claw is an absolutely necessary thing in every home where a meowing creature lives. What options can it be presented?
Many cat owners ask themselves: is it possible to do without a scraper to reduce the cost of maintaining an animal? Sure you may. Only in this case, be prepared for the fact that the upholstery of sofas and chairs, wallpaper, curtains will be stripped with sharp claws. The fact is that the cats claws grow constantly, so they need to grind. And since, unlike the yard representatives of the feline, home species do not have the opportunity to grind them on the asphalt, the surrounding objects are used.
The regrown claws gradually become covered with keratinized skin, which interferes with walking, which also provokes the cat to get rid of the inconvenience of tearing hard surfaces. And another important factor influencing the desire to attack the surface of the furniture is a special secret, standing out from the claws with which the animal marks its territory. Thus, the owner is faced with a choice: either to provide the cat with soft paws, permanently ridding it of its claws, or to make a scraper.
There is a large selection of cat scratching posts. They differ:
- form (can be angular, flat, bunk with a platform for recreation, wall);
- material of manufacture (as a rule, it is the remnants of carpet, boards, pieces of pipes, rope, upholstery fabric). You should not make a device of jute and cardboard: these materials will not withstand the pressure of the pet and will simply fall apart, creating even more inconvenience to the owner;
- mobility (claws can be stationary or mobile).
To accustom the cat to the new "simulator", it is enough to splash valerian or catnip on it.
How to make a cat scratching post with your own hands?
When choosing a claw pattern for your pet, you should consider how comfortable it is for him. Therefore, count its height, multiplying by 2 the length of the body of the animal. And be sure to make a stable base, otherwise the device will simply fall, and there will be no sense from it. One of the most simple and elegant models is a rope column.
- a piece of plastic pipe;
- thick hemp rope (1 hank);
- wooden base round or square;
- joinery tools;
- Rope wrapped stick, promazyvaya each turn of glue.
- At the base we saw a hole equal to the diameter of the stick.
- Insert the design into the base.
If you wish, you can make the same mount and the top - you get a shelf on which the cat can rest.
Corner model: master class
If the animal is very active, then it is better to make the scraper angular - then it can be leaned against the wall, thereby making it more stable.
- 3 small boards;
- a piece of carpet or rope;
- 4 screws, screwdriver;
- construction stapler;
- The boards are wrapped with a rope, gummed with glue. Or we cover with a carpet covering by the inside inside.
- The ends of the fabric or rope fasten with a construction stapler.
- We connect with a stapler on 1 plank-base 2 blanks so that we have a right triangle.
- Self-fastening the structure to the door jamb - the device is ready.
It happens that the owners in time did not bother with the acquisition of the scraper, and the cat had already begun to scratch the wallpaper. In this situation, it is better to make a wall version of the device for honing claws.
- a piece of carpet or fabric for tapestry;
- wooden slats;
- construction stapler;
- screws, screwdriver.
- Cut a rectangular piece of fabric.
- Stapler fasten it to the slats.
- Self-fasten claws on the wall with screws. Height is calculated based on the length of the animal plus 10-15 cm.
We make a flat claw
For those who have no time to mess with intricate designs kogtetochek, fit a flat mat. Just keep in mind that you need to put it on the carpet, otherwise it will “run away” from the cat on the floor.
- long board of medium width;
- a piece of carpet or a coil of rope;
- construction stapler.
- We coat the board with glue and wrap it with a rope or cover it with carpeting.
- The edges of the fabric or rope fasten with a stapler.
- Give a good dry - the scraper is ready.
Wooden claw for cat: step by step instructions
If a wooden clawboard fits into your interior, do not even think about it: this is simply an ideal option, since natural material best of all copes with the task of grinding off sharp claws.
- wooden timber (it is better if it will be with notches and thick sprigs);
- joinery tools;
- We give the bar the desired look, a little trimmed it.
- In the board we make a hole equal to the area of the base of the timber.
- We glue both surfaces (timber and board) with glue, let the structures dry out. Kogtetochka ready.
Clamping device is not always made of hard materials. No less popular are the models from old pillows on the sofa, which are stuffed with scraps of thick fabric, or fabric laces attached to the wall. You can also make a scraper in the form of a scroll, wrapping the old rug with the wrong side up and tying it with a rope.
Kogtetochka for cats with their own hands is not only a useful simulator, reliable protection of furniture and walls from scratches, but also a worthy element of the room's decor. Therefore, it is worth paying attention to its design. However, in any case, the pleasure that you present to your dear pet will be comparable only with tasty food from the owner's caring hands.