Weaving of silicone irises, or lumigurumi - fun, won millions of fans in different countries of the world. In addition to jewelry and toys, gum can do a lot of useful things. For example, having mastered the technology describing how to make a phone case out of rubber bands, you will be sure that no damage to your mobile does not threaten.
There are few young people who would not have a rainbow bracelet. And girls gladly wear rings or hairpins woven from Rainbow Loom set. Initially, small accessories were made of rubber bands. But now masters of weaving create decor items, toys and even clothes. Turning to the creation of large products, it is better to start with medium-sized items, such as, for example, a case for a mobile phone.
How to make a phone case with your own hands?
To make a stylish case for mobile, you will need patience. Unlike small items, the result of weaving will not be noticeable immediately: you have to spend a little time. In addition, to create a cover you need
- on average, about 1000 irises;
- a pattern drawn on paper (on it you can cross out the completed rows);
- weaving device (machine, hook).
As for the last point, it is more convenient to make a phone case on the machine, from which the middle row of columns is withdrawn, and in the outermost there are 12 cylinders each with a notch facing out. For those who like to engage in liguring crochet, there are also special schemes. But forks, slingshot and fingers, unfortunately, will not be enough for such a product.
We make a cover for the mobile of the gum on the machine
Starting weaving the cover on the machine, do not forget that in the thing you need to make 2 holes - for the charger and the camera. These places should be noted on the paper scheme, choosing a cellular one for your model.
- We put on the columns of the lower and upper rows on the rubber-eight so that the letters X are formed along the entire perimeter of the machine. That is, we catch the eight for the first lower bar and the second upper bar, and the next for the second lower bar and the first upper bar, and so on.
- Next, we put on not twisted irises on a pair of columns of the lower row.
- Repeat the previous step for the top row of bars.
- Using the hook, we drag the lower layer of the irises to the middle.
- Repeat steps 1-4 to the desired length of the cover, not forgetting to leave holes for the charger and the camera. To do this, just skip 3 rows of weaving in these places, and then resume again.
- To finish weaving, we throw off all the loops on 1 row of columns and remove them on an elastic band, which we then tighten with a loop. The cover is ready.
To make a "phone dress" that fully opens the screen, you need to skip 2 middle columns in parallel, weave according to the scheme described above, but in the last row you should combine both sides of the weave with diagonal irises.
If you find it difficult to perceive diagrams describing how to weave a case of rubber bands for a telephone on a machine, a video that can be easily found on the Internet will help you.
The main accent in the design of the silicone case for the phone is the combination of the colors of the rubber bands, since neither the machine nor the hook allow to actively experiment with the pattern of weaving. Therefore, choosing a scheme that explains how to make a phone case of rubber bands, pay attention to the pictures, which are obtained using the game of shades of irises.