Tilda dolls saw the light thanks to Norwegian designer Tony Finnanger. First of all, a tilde is still not just a toy, but an interesting detail of the interior that will add a highlight to any home. In this article you will find the pattern of the tilde of the hare with long ears - this toy is sewn very simply and even under the force of the beginning needlewoman.
Preparing for the process
Half the success of sewing tilda dolls - the right selection of materials. And in order to choose them correctly, you need to know what the main features of the tilde are, what exactly distinguishes it from other toys.
So, the first is smooth lines. Tilde dolls are always pyshechki. If the tilde depicts some animal (cat, dog, elephant or bunny, as in our case), its silhouette in any case should be soft, comfortable, without sharp lines.
The second is the conventionality of the face. Or faces. Eyes are usually embroidered with "knots" or drawn with a marker, the nose is also small, it can be flat or volumetric. And be sure to blush. Blush, by the way, is done with the help of the most genuine "human" cosmetics or watercolors.
Third - colors. The colors for the tilde are usually bright but calm. Toys made of pastel-colored fabrics look very impressive. If you choose a fabric with a print, make sure that the pattern is not too large - the pattern should match the size of the doll. And it is advisable not to overload the toy with excessive variegation. If you are not sure, you can use only two different fabrics - one for the calf, the second for the clothes of the toy.
Now that we’ve been a little savvy in theory, it’s time to start practicing.
You will need:
- The fabric from which the little body of the bunny is sewn. Usually, tildes are sewn from natural fabrics, such as cotton or linen, you can use calico. It is very convenient for beginners to sew a little hare from a fleece, this is a very soft fabric that will hide all your flaws if they are. There is also a special fabric for sewing tild, but it is quite expensive.
If you take unbleached linen or cotton, you can tint it yourself if you wish. To do this, make strong tea or coffee and add table salt at the rate of 1 tbsp. l on 1 l of solution. Salt plays the role of color fixer. Then put the fabric in this infusion and "boil" it over low heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring constantly. After “boiling” the fabric should be rinsed well in cold water, dried and ironed. Be careful - you need to dry the fabric without kinking, otherwise the color at the bend will be more saturated than in the rest of the canvas.
- The fabric from which the hare's clothing will be sewn. You can use all the same flax, cotton or fleece. Well, if the fabric will be with a small pattern.
- Threads of the same tone with fabrics. Also need thread to embroider the spout and eyes (floss).
- Padding material. The easiest and safest way to fill toys with padding polyester or holofiber.
- All kinds of buttons, beads and other nice little things.
- If you plan to make the tilde hare stand-up, the pattern will also require the presence of wire. The wire should not be too thick and should be easily bent. If desired, bunny ears can also be made stand-up with wire.
Sew little body
Below is a pattern from a book by Tony Finnanger.
- If you are interested in a tilda hare pattern in full size, you can use the mouse scroll to “fit” the pattern to the desired size, and then draw it directly from the monitor, attaching a sheet of paper to it. Very comfortably.
- Cut the patterns out of paper and put them on the fabric, pre-folded in half. You can circle the patterns with a pencil, but then the cloth will need to be washed after stitching so that there are no trace of the pencil. For the best option, use a special marker, its marks on the fabric disappear the next day after application. This marker is sold in specialized clothing stores.
We need to transfer the body, handles (2 pcs.), Legs (2 pcs.) And ears (one common detail) to the fabric. Ears can be made of different fabrics, that is, one part can be made of fabric of the same color as the body, and the second one can be made of fabric for clothes of a toy. It turns out that the inside of the hare's ears will be different in color from the calf, it looks very beautiful.
If you want the ears of the bunny to stand, not hang, you need to cut the part in half (to sew them to the head) and insert wire into them.
- Be careful - the pattern is given without seam allowances, so you need to "add" 5-10 mm. When cutting fabric parts, make cuts at the fold points.
- Sew the parts by hand or scraped on a typewriter. To prevent the fabric from moving, you can fasten it with pins.
- Wrenched stitched parts. This is convenient to do with a pencil or sushi stick.
- We stuff the details with padding polyester or holofiber. Keep your legs and arms loose so that they can be bent.
- If we make a standing hare, we need to insert wire in the legs.
- Gently sew legs and arms to the body.
We have a blank, to which it remains - the most interesting thing - to add details and, of course, sew clothes.
Hare tilde: clothes pattern
If your bunny is a boy, he will need pants:
A hare-girl, in addition to pants, also needs a dress:
Pants are cut out of colored fabric, stitched and sewn to the calf. To more accurately sew, first pants you need to pin to the calf. You can also sew the bottom edge of the pants to the hare-girl's legs:
For the boy's pants it is more convenient to use a pattern, in which there is still a bib and shoulder straps:
It will be very nice if the pants for a boy-hare make cuffs of a fabric of a different shade of the same color (richer or lighter, that's as you please).
Lyamochki sewn to the breastplate. You can add buttons for beauty:
The skirt for the girl is also first pinned with pins to the calf, so as not to fidget, and then sewn.
In addition to the dress and pants you can sew from soft fleece or wool sweaters and hats.
Pattern sweater for tilde hare:
By the way, a sweater can also be decorated with beads, buttons or embroidery. Just do not overdo it - all the details should be small.
Now we sew a hat. To do this, take a small rectangle of soft fabric and sew it along the edges.
To make a pompon for a hat, you need to take a pencil and wind a woolen thread on it. Then the “ring” of woolen threads is removed from the pencil, sewn to the top of the cap and cut in half.
Now we make a lapel at the cap and sew it so that it does not turn around. The cap can also be decorated with embroidery, a small appliqué, button or bead.
Well, the tilde hare is almost ready (a full-size pattern was given at the beginning of the article). It remains only to "draw" the hare of a muzzle and sew the ears with a cap.
- In order not to be mistaken, first draw a nose and eyes directly on the toy's face with a simple pencil. What good is a simple pencil - if the hand "went the wrong way", you can erase it with an eraser and draw it again. If you want, you can also draw a small mouth.
- We embroider eyes (with black threads) and a spout (pink).
- Ears are sewn on the center of the head.
- Apply blush on the cheeks with a cotton swab. As a blush can act as usual cosmetic blush or shade, and watercolor paints.
- Now we put a hat on the head of the hare and fasten it with threads so as not to fall.
This is the beauty you will have if you do everything correctly, carefully and with pleasure:
At the request of the ears, the bunny can be made standing. To do this, stick the wire into the head of the hare and sew first one ear, then the second. After that, the ears become flexible - you can leave them "standing", or you can bend them.
To make the head of a hare with erect ears look neat, you need to sew them with a secret stitch. If you did not succeed, do not be discouraged - remember how a pompon is made, and add to your bunny a naughty disheveled barb.
Tilda the hare is the easiest doll to make. However, if you still take up the sewing of such a toy and bring it to the end, most likely, such handicraft will become your hobby. It is so pleasant to watch how a real miracle is born out of pieces of fabric!