Popular children's fun - flying a kite can bring joy and adults. To feel it more, try to make this simple device yourself. After that, it will only wait for the summer weather, and boldly - to the sky!
How to make a kite with your own hands?
Kites are different. The easiest way to make a flat option. It does not require special materials and skills.
- From materials you need 2 pine, or from any other light wood (willow, etc.) slats, twigs are suitable, 65 cm and 40 cm long, with a section of 0.5 by 0.5 cm. The slats do not have to be square section, it is possible and with a rectangular, for example, 0.4 to 0.6 cm or 0.3 to 0.7 cm. If the body of the snake will be made of twigs, they must be dry. Strip the sandpaper with sandpaper and make a cross from them. Tie them with threads at an angle of 90 degrees, stepping back from the edge of 20 cm, soak the glue.
- Having retreated 1 cm, at the ends of the rails, make small grooves in a circle, and then tie around the perimeter of the body of the snake with a strong thread (nylon cord), making sure that the perpendicularity of the rails is not broken. The body is ready, cover it with paper.
- Take a sheet of paper, you can tracing paper, the appropriate size, put the body on it and draw the outline. Then cut it with an allowance of about 1 cm, then bend the seam allowance and glue it to the cord perimeter cord.
- Now attach the slings to the kite, you need to do so in order to create the correct angle of attack. Attach lines to points B, A, G. The length of the left and right lines is equal to side B A or A of G, this will be the net length of the line. But it is necessary to make slings with a margin so that you can tie a cord (rail) to them. Calculate the upper line of the joint-stock company as follows: measure the distance AH and add 10 cm to it. Pay attention that the left and right lines are the same, otherwise the kite will be unstable when flying and may fall to the side.
- Attach the tail to point B, it plays a big role. It can be made of 1 or 2 tapes 2-4 m long, you can attach bows to them. The tail of the snake is needed not only for beauty, but also for normal flight, it must be moderately long and heavy.
- Adjusting a kite is mainly reduced to setting the desired angle of attack using the top line, the length and weight of the tail. Threads (rails) to which snakes are attached must be very strong. A self-built snake can be painted, giving it an exclusive look.
Kite: how to run correctly?
Starting a kite is not difficult, it is important to choose a good place and catch the wind. To start, find a large open area, preferably on a hill where air flows from the bottom up. If you are surrounded by trees, houses, the snake will be harder to take off due to uneven wind, it can fly beautifully only at a height of 50 m.
You can not run a snake under power lines, near roads and airports, as well as during thunder with lightning. Even if the place seems to you spacious, and the wind in a thunderstorm is ideal for launching, such games can be dangerous.
Never run heavy kites over people, animals. If you don't manage to control it, this structure at high speed can be dangerous. If you want to play with children on the beach, take a light kite out of paper that will not harm anyone.
Wear a snake while running the snake in sunny weather. Being very keen on the game and peering into the sky, you may not notice how bright light will damage the eyes.
Protect your hands with gloves, use a coil. Do not wind the railing on your arm. A strong gust of wind can lift the snake up, and a quickly unwinding thread will burn the skin.
Before sending the snake to the sky, place it facing you, stand with your back to the wind and pull the threads. The launch of the snake is directly dependent on the wind speed. If the wind is strong, then you can run it with your hands, putting his nose in the wind and slowly unwinding the rope. If the wind is not strong, you will need help. Spin the bobbin at 15 m, pull the thread and ask a friend to throw the snake up. It happens that the earth itself has a weak wind, and above it is strong. This is indicated by the swinging tops of the trees. In this case, the kite will fly only at a certain height. But in order to raise it there, you will have to run against the wind.
Watch the thread tension. If the wind subsides and the tension weakens, wind the rail on the spool. If the wind increases, the rope should be slightly unwound, or, for example, take a few steps along the wind. When the serpent begins to fall, and the situation is not corrected, release the rope so that the blow to the ground is softer.
Running a snake is a fun pastime. The device itself for the game, you can buy or make yourself. The last option, of course, much more interesting! Moreover, to make a simple flat snake is not difficult.