Often, the knowledge of adults about plasticine is limited to the skills of modeling mushrooms, flowers and houses. However, the child such types of art get bored very quickly. So that your baby doesn’t lose interest, we offer you several workshops on how to make a car out of clay. This trick should appeal to a young tomboy.
Sculpt, roll, fasten
Even 30 years ago, none of us could even think that the choice of clay could stump an ordinary customer. What kind of materials for sculpting today did not come up with manufacturers to attract as many fans as possible! This is the usual well-known hard plasticine, and soft mass, similar to the dough called PLAY-DOH, and even ball material. Each of them is good in its own way and, undoubtedly, is useful in children's creativity.
The topic of today's conversation is not easy, because we are trying to figure out how to make a car out of plasticine. And here you cannot do without choosing the right materials:
- If you want to create a real volumetric crafts, unfortunately, the ball clay will have to be abandoned. This material is more suitable for applications, decorating and sculpting small desktop toys.
- The soft mass of PLAY-DOH, although the most popular today, is also not a good choice, if you plan to sculpt a lot of small details in your work. However, the finished crafts from such material will be extremely difficult to destroy. This plasticine tends to harden with long-term interaction with oxygen.
- Hard plasticine, known to us since Soviet times, is probably the easiest and most reliable option. Though he rolls up quite tight, but sticks perfectly.
Of course, besides plasticine, you will need other details for modeling, but this will be discussed in more detail in our master classes. So let's get started.
In case of fire, call 101
Young children of preschool age will benefit from lessons on how to make a fire engine out of clay. During such a joint pastime, you, as a parent, can tell the child, why you need the profession of a fireman, why it is dangerous to play with matches, and on what basis this type of vehicle works.
- plasticine: red, yellow, black, white and blue;
- figured little knife;
- board for sculpting.
- Roll out of plasticine red 4 balls of medium size and 1 slightly smaller diameter.
- Tear off some material from the yellow bar and also roll it into a ball.
- Now we turn 4 balls of red color and 1 yellow with fingers into cubes.
- Roll the remaining small red ball into a rectangular layer.
- Use the figured knife to cut from 1 red dice ¼ part. We bond together 2 other cubes of the same color and the largest part of the cut clay.
- For a smaller cube, we attach the cabin - a piece of yellow plasticine. In front of the car we attach the hood of the remaining part of the divided piece.
- The last fourth cube of red clay cut diagonally.
- We fix on the cab of the fire engine a long rectangular layer so that a small part of it goes beyond the limits of the windshield.
- On top of the cab and on the back of the machine, glue the cube cut diagonally.
- Roll out of red and black clay 6 small balls.
- From balls of red color we form disks of wheels, and from black - tires.
- From the material of the main color of vehicles we roll 3 sausages suitable for the cubes width. Fix the clay rods at the bottom of the body.
- Then carefully on each side of the glue on the lower wheel arches.
- We form 8 small balls of white clay and 1 of blue.
- From 2 balls of white color we make headlights, and the remaining ones are transformed into sausages, which are fixed over the wheels.
- On the cab of the fire engine we glue the flasher and roll 8 thin sausages made of black clay: 6 for crossbars and 2 for supporting the stairs.
- We put together the fire escape and fix it on the cabin of our vehicles.
- That's all: the fire truck is ready.
We design a passenger car with a child
This lesson will tell how to mold a regular passenger car out of clay in stages. Pay special attention to this work if your child is not old enough to do all the work on his own. The advantages of such a plasticine machine are that its main composition consists of large parts and very few small ones.
- red, blue and black clay;
- board for sculpting;
- figured knife.
- Tear off two-thirds of the red plasticine from the bar and roll it into a large ball.
- Press the ball with your palm on all sides, forming a neat oblong body. On the one hand, make a small rounding for the hood of the car.
- The rest of the red sticks also roll into a small ball and attach it in the center of the case.
- Form the main body of the car, smoothing with your fingers all the irregularities and transitions in modeling.
- Now add to the case of blue clay, forming from it the frontal and rear window of the car. Stick the blanks on the case.
- In the same way, make and fix the side windows of vehicles.
- Round the shape of the figure knife push through the sides of the body holes for the wheels.
- Roll up small balls of black clay and form wheels from them. Carefully cut the outline of the headlights and bonnet with a knife.
- From the remnants of red plasticine, form and glue to the side windows rear-view mirrors.
- Finish modeling, rolling and attaching the latest small parts to the machine: glass cleaners, headlights and license plates.
Now you know about plasticine and crafts out of it a little more than the school curriculum. We hope that such joint activities will benefit you and your child. Good luck in your work and success!