Patterns on the canvas can be created both due to the relief, and due to the alternation of shades, which allows you to make a highlight even on the product connected only with face loops. In fact, it is not at all necessary to search the web and print media for specific patterns for two-color patterns with needles, since even you yourself can create such a sketch for yourself and embody it in a finished canvas. It is enough just to understand how the pattern is created.
Features of knitting two-color patterns with knitting needles
Taking into account the fact that the drawing consists of 2 colors, it is even simpler to depict it than on a plain fabric. Even if you do not know any methods of knitting, except for scarves, you can simply alternate the threads of different shades, and a certain pattern will appear on the surface of the product: from simple dots and stripes to diamonds, birds, etc.
In general, two-color patterns are usually made up not only by alternating threads of different shades, but also by varying the front and back loops, as well as double crochet loops and removed loops. As you increase your skill level, you can add different broaches, posts, etc. And for primary samples and the simplest schemes, it is enough to know only the main types of mating. As for the removed loops, here it should be understood that these can be both short types, when they are removed only by 1-2 rows, and long ones - removal by 3 rows or more.
Schemes for children's things
The peculiarity of patterns for children's clothes lies only in the fact that almost any colors and combinations can be chosen here, depending on the age of the child. The fact that an adult’s things will look weird will often only add charm to a child.
- The easiest option is to alternate the colors of the threads in even and odd rows, and so that it does not look like a simple horizontal bar, add a rare loop removal without tying, for example, by pointing it to the right in the diagonal. In this case, the upper purl row is knitted in the same color as the previous front one.
- A pattern in which crossed facial loops alternate through each other is great for children's hats and sweaters: a voluminous, embossed canvas is obtained. The color changes every 2 full rows (even-odd). Each odd vertical loop - nakid, each even - alternation of the face crossed, in which it is tied either behind the back wall, or together with the nakida from the previous row.
Unusual two-tone patterns
If you want to use a two-color pattern not for children's things, you can turn to more restrained colors, as well as more graphic ideas, larger elements. For example, a large lattice in the form of diamonds.
- For its implementation recommended cream and swamp yarn, rapport is 10 loops. The inner half of the diamond is a creamy yarn of 3 facial loops, then 4 facial marsh colors, again 3 facial loops.
- The next odd row is displayed in the same way - 3 face loops with a cream color, then 4 loops cross to the left, with 2 loops of bog yarn dropped on the auxiliary loop with the face loops, the next 2 with the front loops, the remaining 2 on the auxiliary loop, also with the front loops, and the last knit loops of 10 with white yarn face. Such intersections, right and left, are performed throughout the entire pattern, diverging and converging to form rhombuses.
Such a pattern of woven rhombuses can be a little more complicated, for which you need only to duplicate the intersection to the right or left to duplicate one over the other in odd rows after 1: that is, if you performed the intersection in the 3rd row, repeat it in the 7th, in 5th simply knitting these loops face. The number of repetitions will be equal to the number of “turns” in the figure itself. And if you leave only the crosses on top of each other throughout the entire canvas, you will get twisted vertical stripes on the product.
Interestingly, not always the pattern that looks on the pattern is clearly geometric, after its implementation remains the same: for example, according to the pattern, the alternation of green and strawberry shades occurs every 4 even rows, horizontally. But in the end, due to the special compilation of the loops, you will have an uneven blotch of color.
- Rapport - 7 loops, initial 4 knotted facial, then goes 3 removed loops, in which the thread in front of the canvas. On the next (even) row, the first loop is removed, the thread behind the canvas, 4 are knitted from the inside, 2 loops are removed, the thread behind the canvas. New odd row - 2 loops removed, the thread in front of the canvas, 4 loops of facial, 1 removed, the thread in front of the canvas. The next (even) row - 3 loops removed, the thread behind the canvas, 4 loops purl. Then the new color turns on, the loops continue to alternate according to the scheme, where the main thing is to preserve the direction of the filaments taken in the diagonal.
Attaching the 2nd thread is quite simple: in the new row it is used to knit new loops instead of the previous one, and at the same time it needs to leave a small tail that will later be tucked into the hem. This is done with each new thread, especially if you take small cuts for contrast: they are recommended to be brought from edge to edge.
The range of two-color patterns with knitting needles is limited only by your imagination: after the simplest variants with basic loops are mastered, you can begin to sample more complex patterns. Alternate and fold classic elements in any combination, do not limit yourself to existing schemes.