Wall mural - a great way to diversify the interior of the house, while not undertaking large-scale repair. The main guarantee of an excellent end result is not only the choice of wallpaper print, but also the correct gluing of them on the wall. Most people try to cope with the task themselves, without seeking the help of professionals. In this regard, there may be difficulties, so it is important to know how to glue the wallpaper on the wall?
How to glue wallpapers: master class
There is nothing difficult in the repair work, if you do everything according to the rules. The main thing in this is not to hurry, to do everything consistently and carefully.
You will need:
- Level or long ruler;
- A simple pencil;
- Sharp office knife;
- Rubber rollers for wallpaper;
- Wide and small paint brushes;
- Special glue for photo wallpapers;
- Clean and dry rags.
- First you need to prepare the wall. In order to properly paste the wallpaper, the wall must be dry and smooth. It should not be irregularities, otherwise, they will be evident.
- Get rid of old wallpaper fragments, wash and vacuum the wall. If your wallpaper is light tones, it is advisable to paint the wall white with water-based paint. Wait for the paint to dry, then apply a coat of primer. This method prevents the distortion of the pattern.
- Do not try to stick the wallpaper on the old wallpaper, otherwise they can shine through and spoil the whole impression of the picture.
- You should always glue the wallpaper on the wall, which coincides with the size of the photo wallpaper. If the picture has a smaller area than the wall, you will have to draw lines to correctly position all the fragments of the image.
- When you have prepared the wall, you have decided on the drawing, you can begin to glue the photo wallpaper. As a rule, manufacturers numbered fragments of images so that you can more easily understand. In addition, on all fragments there are white fields, which are carefully cut off with a sharp clerical knife. You can also use scissors, but there is a chance to make the cut uneven. Due to the fact that you cut the white fields, the picture will turn out seamless.
- Using a level or a ruler, draw vertical lines on the wall and other additional marks on which to navigate. Spread newspapers or plastic wrap on the floor, lay out the fragments of wallpaper on them, collecting the picture. Wallpapers are placed face down.
- Spread the glue in a deep container according to the instructions. Due to the fact that modern wallpaper is made from various materials, the glue is selected depending on the material and thickness of the photo wallpaper.
- There is a universal rule: the thicker the wallpaper, the thicker the glue must be for sticking it. The most popular and high-quality adhesives for photo wallpapers are: Quelyd, Quelyd Express, Methylan, Cleo Natural and Contact Vinyl.
- There must be enough adhesive to cover the walls and wallpaper. Dual lubrication will ensure the docking of the fragments.
- Apply glue to the wall and wallpaper. After smearing the photo wallpaper, fold the fragments inward and leave to soak for 7 minutes. Watch the impregnation time carefully, otherwise the paper may break up.
- Gently glue the 1st fragment strictly according to the labels, without distortions. Otherwise, the picture will turn out crooked and ruin the whole impression. Using a roller, remove the air and excess glue from the wallpaper. In no case can not be smoothed pattern rag, otherwise it can be spoiled.
- The following fragments are recommended to glue from left to right. The 2nd and subsequent strips overlap so that the images are exactly aligned. Thoroughly roller the fragments of the picture, roll it well to the wall. Using a ruler and a knife, make an accurate cut along the alignment line, spread the joint and smooth it.
- Thus, glue all the fragments of photo wallpaper. Over apply protection from moisture, sunlight and other negative effects. In a room with glued photo wallpaper, there should be no drafts until they are completely dry.
Peculiarities of pasting photo wallpapers of the firm "Komar"
The process of sticking a mosquito wallpaper is no different from sticking any others. The mosquito wallpaper is distinguished by a huge selection of scenes, excellent quality glossy paper, high-definition photos and any size. Choose a drawing to your liking is not difficult: landscapes, cities, paintings by famous artists, animals, plants, beautiful corners of the planet, insects, and even cartoon characters.
Before sticking a photo mosquito, a mosquito should prepare a wall: it should be clean, smooth and free from grease. The remains of old wallpaper should be removed, the paint should be washed off, roughness, debris and dust should be removed, and the gaps and holes should be puttied.
Included with the mosquito photo wallpaper attached special glue. Alternatively you can choose any other paper wallpaper glue.
Wall mural mosquito recommended stick from the middle of the wall. To do this, draw vertical auxiliary lines using a pencil and level.
Apply a uniform layer of glue on the fragment number 4, paying special attention to the edges. Allow the sheet to soak for 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully place the sheet on the wall, smoothing it from top to bottom, expelling air and excess glue. Place sheets No. 6, 2, 8, and then No. 3, 5, 1, 7. Fragments of photo wallpapers are glued with an overlap of 2 - 3 mm.
Drying of photowall-paper is carried out at a temperature of 18 - 20 degrees, preventing air flow. When the wallpaper is completely dry, gently cut the protruding edges with a stationery knife.
Video tutorial to help beginners repair masters
Wall murals are a great way to diversify the interior of a room without serious effort and cost. The most difficult in the process is the selection of a suitable pattern. It is important that it is not too bright and intrusive, otherwise, you will soon get bored.