Despite the rapid development of technologies and changes in design standards, in most houses and apartments, the walls are covered with wallpaper. The owners themselves choose the appropriate pattern and texture. Many of us even glue the walls without the help of professional craftsmen. There is a wide assortment of wallpapers on the domestic market: they differ in texture, material, color, pattern and price category. Vinyl wallpapers on a different basis have recently become very popular.
In this article we will discuss how to glue vinyl wallpaper on non-woven base, so that there are no noticeable joints and irregularities.
How to glue vinyl wallpaper on non-woven base?
Basically, you can find two types of vinyl wallpaper on the market:
- on paper basis;
- on fliziline.
Flizilinovaya base wallpaper gives a soft texture, and they are easy to glue. When wet, these wallpapers are not burst, but only slightly diminished. And after drying, all defects disappear. These wallpapers are presented in various formats, but many hostesses prefer to choose products with a strip width of 1 m.
Often, wallpapers based on non-woven fabric have a gradient pattern or pattern that should be selected when pasting walls. But there is nothing complicated in this; you just need to determine the step of the pattern and calculate the length of one web.
The cost of such wallpaper exceeds the price of vinyl on a paper basis. In everyday life, they are also called "silk-screen printing." Indeed, after pasting the walls, the impression is not only of uniformity and integrity, but also of softness. Looking at these wallpapers, it seems that the walls are upholstered with fabric. Many vinyl wallpapers are designed for coloring. You can change the color of the walls in the house at any time.
Paper-based wallpaper is a little more difficult to glue. They easily get wet and can tear, which in the process of repair causes difficulties and inconvenience to the craftsmen. If you choose vinyl wallpaper on the basis of non-woven, then before buying, be sure to calculate the square of the room. You should purchase several rolls with a margin so that you can safely replace a spoiled strip or a single cut.
For pasting vinyl wallpaper on non-woven base, you will need a special wallpaper glue, which should be diluted in advance in accordance with the instructions, as well as brushes and rubberized roller to align the pasted surface of the wallpaper.
Technology pasting non-woven wallpaper
So, before you proceed directly to the process of pasting walls with non-woven base wallpaper, prepare the necessary materials and free up the surface for measuring wallpaper strips.
- special wallpaper glue;
- scissors (knife);
- measuring tape.
Step-by-step process description:
- It is always necessary to begin the process of pasting wallpaper with the removal of the old coating. Completely remove old wallpaper from walls. If they fall behind badly, try using plain water or special products.
- If the walls have irregularities, then they must be eliminated with a putty and a special grout.
- In order to better adhere the wallpaper, the walls should be treated with a primer material, after drying of which you can begin the process of pasting.
- It is not recommended to start pasting walls with non-woven base wallpaper from door or window openings, as well as from corners. They may be uneven. If you decide to glue from the beginning of the wall, slightly retreating from the corner, then you need to hang a small weight, which will be a conventional reference point.
- Then, using a measuring tape, measure the length of the wall and cut a strip. Be sure to take into account the step of the pattern and make an allowance of about 5-6 cm. Cut the first lane.
- Photo 5
- For convenience, you can cut several wallpaper panels at once, so as not to be distracted from the process of pasting walls.
- Wallpaper on non-woven base lubricated with glue is not necessary. Glue should be applied with a good layer only on the wall covering, and then, starting from the ceiling, glue the strip, gradually smoothing it downwards. Be sure to stick to the plumb level.
- Keep the lower part of the strip folded to prevent air from falling under the wallpaper and the formation of irregularities.
- After sticking one strip, it should be leveled using a rubberized roller, eliminating air bubbles, and cut along the baseboard and ceiling. When you make repairs in a room where the ceiling and floor are not trimmed with a special coating, the allowances may not be cut if they are not too large.
- Next, continue pasting to the end of the wall. Special attention should be paid to corners, plugs under sockets, switches and radiators. They need to be modeled directly on the wall or by drawing a circuit in accordance with accurate measurements on the wallpaper strip.
- Upon completion of the process of pasting wallpaper in the room should not be drafts and excessive moisture.
Paper Based Vinyl Basics
If you still choose vinyl wallpaper on a paper basis, then you should familiarize yourself with some of the subtleties of pasting them, in particular:
- Wrapping the walls with vinyl wallpaper with a paper base is best to start from the corner element, using a plumb to align the joints.
- Next, you should cut strips of wallpaper of the required length with a grip of 5-10 cm, depending on the picture.
- It is best to treat the walls not only with a primer, but also with a fungicide solution in order to prevent the development of a fungus, since the paper base does not allow air to pass through.
- There should be no drafts in the room and it is necessary to maintain a uniform temperature threshold.
- Glue is well lubricated and the walls and wallpaper strips. It is best to smear 3-4 strips at once and fold them twice with the lubricated side so that the paper fibers are thoroughly soaked and swollen. In this position, the wallpaper should be left for 10-15 minutes.
- Glue the walls you need starting from the top. Excess strips should be cut with a knife or scissors.
- To level the wallpaper you need only a special rubberized brush or roller. Hand leveling is not allowed so that no rubbing remains.
- It is recommended to level the wallpaper on paper basis from top to bottom, but not sideways, in order not to stretch the structure and not to change the size of the strip.
The practical guide provided in this article will help you without special difficulties to glue the walls with vinyl wallpaper on non-woven or paper base. It is best to glue the wallpaper together, because the other person will be able to support the bottom of the band or give an improvised item. If you think that in the process of pasting you will have difficulties and you will not cope with the task, contact a specialist. Perhaps, the school of repair should pass at least once in a life each of us.