Getting the right four-friend friend, first of all we think about how to take care of him and how to feed him correctly.
Food for dogs - the key to health, activity and vigor.
How to feed a Labrador puppy?
First of all, puppies need a balanced diet.
So, if you bought or gave you a labrador puppy, then remember the following:
- the transition from breast milk to regular foods should be gradual. Ask the former owners of the puppy, what they fed him, what he eats.
- dry food can be given to a puppy already from three months, but little by little. Food should be designed specifically for puppies.
- after one year, you can switch to adult feed and nutrition of an adult dog.
- Do not give the puppy the following products: raw and fatty fish, fried and fatty foods, smoked meats, cakes and pastries, sausages, sausages, sausages, and offal.
- Train your puppy to eat at a certain time. Do not leave bowls of food. All that he has not eaten - remove. A puppy should eat at least three times a day before the year (the older, the less). By the year you have to go on two meals a Labrador.
- Natural food is most useful for puppies. Protein food should be three times more in quantity than vegetable. It is useful to feed the puppies curd, meat (not fried), milk, cereals (buckwheat, rice), boiled eggs, boiled vegetables and fish.
What is the best way to feed an adult Labrador?
Adult Labrador for health and active lifestyle proper nutrition is a must.
- To do this, veterinarians are advised to adhere mixed food. That is, you should not feed your friend only purchased dry food. No matter how good it is, it is not correct. Your Labrador should eat normal food, such as man eats. Of course, if a person adheres to proper nutrition.
- For an adult dog is necessary for normal life the ratio of protein and plant foods looks like a 2: 1 ratio. Protein foods are important for muscle development and strength.
- The daily diet of an adult Labrador must include all the necessary substances: proteins, fats, carbohydrates, minerals and vitamins.
- Main sources of protein: meat, fish, eggs, dairy products, and offal. Many dogs do not like raw meat. Therefore, first try to treat your pet with raw meat and see if it refuses or not.
- Main sources of carbohydrates: cereal and black and brown bread.
- Fat Adult Labradors need both vegetable and animal origin.
- Extremely helpful dog vegetables and fruits, and in raw form it is better to give them, because then they contain more minerals and vitamins. However, veterinarians are advised to give them in boiled form.
- Milk productsalso very helpful to your pet, because they contain a lot of minerals (calcium), as well as vitamins.
- It is necessary to salt food a little - salt for dogs is not as important as for a person. It is better to salt the food for dogs with sea salt.
- Veterinarians advise to add to your faithful friend's cooked food crushed garlic clove. Such daily doses will be the prevention of anthelmintic diseases.
- Water Labrador should definitely clear water. Therefore, if in the summer you leave for nature, take more water, with the expectation and to the dog. Because from the river or from the puddles it should not be drunk.
- At home, always have to stand a bowl of water so that your Labrador can drink when he wants. Change the water in the bowl at least twice a day, in the heat - more often.
See also:What to feed hasku?
By following all the recommendations outlined in this article, you will make your Labrador a healthy and happy friend.