It's nice to take a bath after work, and if you also add fragrant essential oil to the water, you will get the perfect relaxing procedure. Unfortunately, after water procedures, stains, dirt, oily skin and lime remain on the surface of the bath. Consider how to clean the acrylic bath at home.
Acrylic bath - the dream of every hostess
Despite the fact that acrylic is a durable material and has dirt-repellent properties, it requires proper care. In the maintenance and cleaning of acrylic bath is nothing complicated. Take a liquid detergent and wipe the bath surface with a sponge or soft cloth. Then rinse it and enjoy radiant cleanliness. In this case, do not forget that only care in the care will help to maintain the pristine shine of your pet for a long time.
Recently, acrylic baths have firmly entrenched in leading positions among other similar products. There are such positive qualities of this material:
- acrylic is very light compared to its steel and cast iron competitors;
- compliance and plasticity of the material allows you to find the most unexpected forms and design solutions for the bathroom;
- acrylic never fade or fade, so choosing a bath to your taste, you can be sure that it will retain a bright shade for many years;
- acrylic bath for a long time keeps the temperature of water in it;
- in a bath of acrylic, you can feel protected from germs and bacteria due to the antibacterial properties of the material;
- durability and strength - this is exactly what is so lacking in our fragile world today.
This bath has its minuses:
- no matter how strong acrylic is, its delicate surface is subject to mechanical damage - impact and scratches;
- Such a bath may be irreparably damaged by chemically active substances and agents containing chlorine.
Choosing an effective bathroom care product
Even soft universal powder and liquid soap are good enough means for cleaning acrylic baths to eliminate the surface of particles of fat, oil and human skin from their surface.
One of the main problems in the operation of acrylic baths is hard water, which leaves behind traces of lime deposits. However, according to reviews, it is possible to quickly and easily clean an acrylic bath from such deposits with a small amount of vinegar or citric acid mixed with water. The cleaning procedure using these ingredients is as follows:
- Pour hot water into the bath.
- Pour one packet of citric acid into it and mix well.
- After two hours, drain the aqueous citric acid solution along with lime deposits.
- Rinse the bath and wipe dry with a soft cloth or towel.
The main requirement for detergents that are allowed to use for the care of acrylic products - they must be liquid or creamy without the content of abrasives. Means such as "Acrylan", "Cif Cream", "Sarma" without chlorine, "Cilit Bang" and others quite answer these qualities. Strong, resistant contamination will help eliminate cleaning products for use on smooth surfaces.
What can permanently ruin your bath?
Before you wash the acrylic bath at home, you need to remember that its surface is quite delicate and scratches quickly appear on it. So you should never clean the bath with microfiber cloth, washcloths or hard brushes. The most suitable means is a sponge made of soft delicate material. Even extremely small scratches on the surface lead to optimal conditions for the adhesion of dirt and lime. Because of such scratches, the bath looks clean, but dim.
Never use abrasive cleaners for acrylic. Please note: commercial lime removers contain chemicals, such as acids or chlorine, that can cause discoloration of the acrylic surface. This also applies to organic solvents, nail polish removers, acetone. If such substances accidentally hit the bath surface, then it is necessary to immediately and intensively wash it with running water, thus the risk of damage will be minimized.
No matter how hard you try, avoiding scratches is almost impossible, but this is not a reason for despair. Everything can be corrected by treating the damaged area with a special polishing paste. For grinding scratches, you can also use sandpaper with fine zero grain. And the original shine can be returned to the acrylic bath with a car polish for lacquer surfaces with wax content.
General care tips
In conclusion, we suggest using some general guidelines for keeping acrylic baths clean:
- First of all, care for acrylic surfaces should be regular. In addition to rinsing the bath, after each use it is necessary to pay careful attention to it at least twice a month.
- To quickly restore the shine, use a soft cloth and furniture polish.
- Be sure to use protective rubber gloves when working with cleaners and detergents. If the surfactant accidentally gets into the eyes, immediately rinse them with running water.
- To avoid rust stains on the bath, fix the water tap leak.
- To avoid damage to the surface, do not put metal basins and buckets in the acrylic bath.
- Do not use your bath for washing and rinsing.
Acrylic baths have low operating costs, as this material is sufficiently resistant to pollution and the formation of stains. With proper use and regular cleaning, it is enough to wipe the bath with a soft sponge and rinse it once a week.