An electric oven is a convenient cooking device. As a source of energy in such an oven is electricity. Such a device allows you to evenly distribute the temperature and cook the dish faster, and it is also much safer than similar gas ovens.
If you decide to purchase an electric oven, you need to know a few subtleties. Electric ovens make it possible to set the temperature with an accuracy of up to 5 degrees, to maintain it at the right level until the end of cooking and to carry out heating not only from the bottom, but also from the top. Some ovens allow heating from the side panels and even from the back wall.
The temperature range can vary from 30 to 300 degrees, which allows you to cook a variety of dishes. Modern electric ovens allow you to cook different dishes at the same time on several levels. The only drawback of the device is high power consumption.
As a rule, all ovens have standard dimensions for depth and height. The standard width is 60 - 70 cm. This is quite enough to cook a full meal and a large enough cake.
Electric oven: how to choose?
Many electric ovens are equipped with additional features that you can do without, but which make the process of cooking and caring for the device easy and enjoyable.
The pyrolytic cleaning in the oven makes it much easier to wash after cooking greasy dishes. Due to the pyrolysis under the action of high temperature contamination simply burns, turning into ashes. After this procedure, it will be enough for you to simply wipe the oven with a damp cloth or a napkin to clean the dirt.
If you had to burn, accidentally touching the oven door with your foot or hand, you simply need the function of a non-heating door. This effect is due to the installation of additional glass. In addition, the non-heating door helps to significantly save heat, and hence electricity.
The function of blowing the walls with cold air will help protect the furniture, which is built in the oven, from high temperatures. For some hostesses, this function should be decisive if you want to keep kitchen furniture.
The next additional feature is the retractable oven cart. With it, you no longer have to pull out a baking sheet to check the readiness of the dish. Together with the lid of the oven, the cart on which the baking sheet stands is moved, and if necessary it can be easily unfastened and removed from the oven.
One of the most convenient functions in an electric oven is the timer. It will allow you to set the right cooking time and go about your business. After a set time, the oven will signal the readiness of the dish.
Some electric ovens are equipped with a rotating spit on which to cook chicken, meat or fish. The spit will ensure even browning on all sides. When choosing a device with such a function, note that the diagonal skewer is longer than usual, which allows you to cook more food in 1 time.
For many housewives in principle the presence of a grill in an electric oven. It can be used to cook chicken, wings and ribs with a crisp crust.
Convection is a function that evenly distributes heat by circulating hot air. It is necessary for baking at the same time several dishes at different levels.
Possibilities of programming the oven helps to set the desired cooking mode for a particular dish. The more programs embedded in the device, the higher will be its price.
Some ovens have a microwave function. With its help, you can save space in the kitchen: the oven will be not only an oven, but also a full-fledged microwave, which gives additional opportunities.
Among the most famous manufacturers of ovens are Miele, Gaggenau, Bosch, Siemens, Neff, Samsung, Beko, Ariston, Electrolux, Gorenje, Hansa, etc. Which company you choose, decide for yourself. Before buying, you can evaluate the quality of products: reliability, durability, functionality, etc. Do not focus on low prices of dubious manufacturers, because such products are likely to become worthless.
Reviews of different models
- Alina: We bought an Ariston electric oven, without a particularly large number of functions. In principle, it copes with its task. In an electric oven it is very convenient to cook pastries and pastries.
- Valeria: I bought an electric oven with a microwave function. I do not regret the purchase, although the price was quite high. A big plus is that you did not have to overload the kitchen with a microwave oven.
- Tatyana: I really love cooking, so I asked my husband to give me an electric oven. There are a lot of advantages in it: nothing burns, thanks to the timer it is not necessary to constantly monitor time. The only problem is that large electricity bills come in, but it's worth it!
- Maria: I used the gas oven for a long time. On occasion, I changed it to electric. The electric oven is much more convenient, no need to fear that the dish will burn.
Should I buy a built-in electric oven?
- Olga: Last year I purchased the Bosch built-in electric oven. It cost me quite expensive, but I am completely satisfied with the purchase. It was successfully built into the cabinet to the desired height, and I do not have to stoop to check the readiness of dishes. In addition, it saves a lot of space in the kitchen.
- Julia: We decided to change the gas oven to electric due to circumstances. Preferred firm Hansa. 2 months after the purchase, an external glass near the oven suddenly exploded when nobody used it. Electric ovens are very convenient to use, but I will not recommend this model to anyone.
- Daria: I have been using the built-in electric oven for 10 months now. Very happy! I tried most of the functions, did not assume that cooking with a probe is so simplifies the process. The doors are easy to clean from the inside of the fat, which also makes me very happy.
Many housewives ask themselves what kind of oven to choose - electric or other types? Electric oven has many advantages and greatly simplifies the cooking process. Having decided on the functions that you need in the device, you can make a choice in favor of a particular model. Before buying, you should read consumer reviews or consult with sales assistants in the store.