We have already got used to seeing flowers that are not quite ordinary in color on the shelves of flower shops. Looking at the different outlandish colors of roses, tulips and other flowers we love, we often think about whether such flowers could grow themselves or were made to be such, simply repainting them.
Often the flowers do not paint, but try to grow them so that they acquire an unusual shade for themselves. In fact, this is a whole science. And, nevertheless, nothing prevents you from changing the colors of flowers at home.
How to change the color of different colors?
To change the color of torn flowers, it is necessary to prepare a solution of sulfuric ether and ammonia. Ingredients need to be mixed in a ratio of 9: 1. The resulting mixture should be poured into a dish or plate and hold over it the flower that you intended to repaint.
Never immerse the flowers in the resulting mixture. Immersion in this liquid can have a bad effect on flowers, there is even a possibility of their death. However, slightly sprinkle the flowers with this solution. In this case, small specks will appear on their petals. In order not to hold the flower above the plate, you can attach it to a paper funnel, made so that it covers the liquid. Couples of a mixture of sulfuric ether and ammonia in a few minutes will turn your pink or purple flowers in yellow, white or even green.
How to make white flowers blue?
White roses and dahlias you can personally give a wonderful blue color. To do this, take a flower and dip it first in a solution of fuchsin, and then in a solution of potash. This method has been known since ancient times. It was used when there was a need to get blue roses that do not exist in nature. These days, these blue roses were able to grow the Japanese.
In this way, you can color not only roses and dahlias, but also hyacinths, gladioli, white tulips. And if you water a white rose bush with such a mixture, you may be able to make the shrub bloom with blue flowers.
How to make red from white flowers?
Make red rose white?At first glance, this seems impossible. But nothing is impossible. We place a lit piece of combustible sulfur in a sealed jar. There we also place a red rose. Now you can observe that, as if by magic, a rose from a red has turned into a white one. This happens because of the anthocyanin contained in red roses, which is successfully discolored with sulfur dioxide.
However, this wonders do not end there. The bleached rose, which is in the air, after a certain sufficiently long period of time, will regain its red color again. Imagine if you present such flowers as a gift, for example, for a birthday. How, perhaps, the birthday boy will be surprised when he sees the transformation.
Flowers painted this way can be presented as a romantic surprise, which will be a symbol of your growing love. So you can give white color to asters, gladioli, violets and other flowers that contain anthocyanin.
How to change the color of flowers: the secrets of transformation
- If you immerse the flowers purple colors in a weak solution of hydrochloric acid, you absolutely easily get bright red buds.
- Cigarette smoke, it turns out, can bring not only harm to your health, but also benefit in experiments with color change of colors. If you hold on to cigarette smoke blue flowers swamp forget-me-not, then you can see how they very quickly acquire green color. Ammonium contained in tobacco smoke is the reason for such changes. Ammonium carbonate has an alkaline reaction; therefore, penetrating into the tissues of the flower, it transforms the blue color to green. Meanwhile, green flowers almost always seem inconspicuous, but it is quite possible to get them for the sake of experiment.
- Ammonia has a very interesting effect on the color of flowering plants. With the help of ammonia vapors, you can turn (using an airtight container) petals of purple, blue and violet flowers. in green. The same tool will work on the dark red flowers, making them black! White roses, lilies and other flowers of this color will be yellow under the action of the same ammonia vapors. Thus, the most intricate and fantastic changes become flowers with variegated colors.
- If you replace ammonia with vapors of strong hydrochloric acid, you will get from purple and violet flowers bright red.
- In addition, there is another pleasant surprise: after treatment with ammonia, flowers that have never had a smell (such as asters) acquire a rather pleasant aroma.
It is possible to repaint in the same way the whole bouquets. By coloring the whole bouquet, you can get completely incredible color set in him. And when the bouquet begins to gradually return to its former colors, you will be lucky to see an equally beautiful and fascinating spectacle.
Experimenting in this way, you can get the most bizarre shades of colors, which, it would seem, it is already impossible to surprise.