The turtle is a very cute and interesting animal. It is interesting to observe her, and it is not at all difficult to care for. There are certain rules for caring for this creature, compliance with which will ensure your pet a long and happy life. Consider these rules.
Turtle Content in Terrarium
If you purchased my first bug, You can immediately put her in a terrarium. If you already live turtles, then when you bought a second or third - you should put it in a cardboard box with sawdust. Put a few green salad leaves or a slice of apple there.
Above this box, at a height of approximately thirty cm, install an ultraviolet lamp. If you do not have such a lamp, you can install a standard one, with a 60-watt light bulb. So you arrange the newly acquired turtle quarantine. Quarantine should keep the animal for at least a month. All this time box with a turtle should be in a warm room.
- Once a few months, you should take the turtle to a veterinarian’s appointment so that Take tests for intestinal parasites and worms.
- It should be changed daily in the terrarium soil, water in the trough water bowl. Pet feeding and terrarium cleaning, should also occur daily.
- Once a week you should wash the decorations that are in the turtle terrarium. To do this, they should be taken out, washed in a basin with soapy water, then rinsed well, and then folded back into the terrarium.
- If you bring daily feed your pet at the same time, very soon the bug will get used to this schedule, and at the right time will be waiting for you.
Your Tortilla feed should be very diverse, because food is the main source of vitamins and microelements, necessary for a normal existence.
- The source of protein for your petwill serve meat, eggs and earthworms. Meat and eggs must be boiled.
- From plant foods, the turtle will appealcabbage, cucumbers, tomatoes, finely grated carrots. It is useful to give the turtle a variety of fruits and berries.
- Turtle happy to eatplants such as dandelions and clover. Of course, you understand that those plants that have grown along the roadway are not suitable.
- Besides, the turtle loves incredibly Hercules. Just do not give it to a pet raw. Before serving - properly steam it.
Notice the fact that until your bug is one year old, she should be fed daily. And in the diet should be dominated by animal food. And after a year, it should be fed every other day, vegetable food predominates in the diet, but in a fairly abundant amount.
If in your home terrarium lives a few individuals of turtles, watch carefully the amount of food in the trough! Firstly, it should be enough for all animals to eat. Secondly, the lack of food can lead to fights between your pets.
The turtle must be washed periodically.. In the summer you need to wash as often as it becomes dirty. But this should be done at least two or three times a week. And once a week you should wash your pet with soap.
- Need to batheonly in warm water, such in whatever you yourself would be nice to swim. Wash the shell and body of a turtle need soft foam sponge.
- Most likely, you still do not, but it is best to remind again. In no case can not wash the bug very hot or very cold water. Can not be used for swimming various detergents not intended for turtles. Do not use metal sponges for washing.
- While bathing your petbe careful - do not wet his head. The maximum washing time should be five minutes. Best wash turtle baby soap, it gently cleanses and does not cause allergies. Do not twist the bug sharply during bathing procedures.
- After bathing is over, gently wipe the bug with her personal towel. And protect her from drafts. Otherwise, your pet will catch a cold.
The turtle should haveher personal bath items. This baby soap, soft foam sponge and towels.
Turtle health and other general recommendations
- Twice a year, immediately before hibernation and immediately after it, It is necessary to take your pet to the vet. He will check whether your tortilla is healthy.
- If you notice that the tortoise is difficult to chair, and suspect constipation, you should make her a warm bath. To do this, type a little warm water in the basin (so that the legs disappear), and put your pet in there for half an hour. This method will certainly help you relieve the turtle from constipation.
- If you are cleaning the room in which the turtle is located, the terrarium should be removed ahead of time, and returned twenty to thirty minutes after the end of the cleaning in the room.
- Turtles lovevarious toys. In addition, they get incredible pleasure when they are stroked on the head.
- According to breeders, don't take one bug. This animal does not like loneliness. If you decide to start a terrarium in your home, get three or four at once. Please note that all the individuals you have acquired, which then will live in the same terrarium, must be of the same type. Otherwise, they will constantly make internecine wars.
- Having bought a bug, be prepared to pay attention to it at least three times a week. Otherwise your the pet will wither away.
- When feed the turtle, bathe, clean her terrarium, talk to her, call her name. Thus, she quickly remembers her nickname, and will soon begin to respond to it.
We reviewed the main points regarding the maintenance and care of turtles. If you have any questions, contact the breeders, pet shop or a veterinarian. Love your little turtle and she will reciprocate!