Pug is an ideal dog for an apartment. Not everyone will like her flattened attractive face, but a good-natured disposition compensates for any external flaws that are no more than a convention for dog lovers.
The breed was bred in Germany, dogs live an average of 14 years, weigh about 8 kg, grow 30 cm. A pug can be given to a child, even a novice dog breeder can take care of him. One of the famous owners of this dog breed is fashion historian Alexander Vasilyev.
What does a pug look like?
Pugs have a flattened, sad face with a lot of folds, a strong build, a bouncy gait, a tightly twisted tail, wide open dark eyes. Color beige or black.
By nature, good-natured, loyal and playful. But the pug does not have time to get bored with its activity, it does not last long in time. Most of the time they rest and are lazy, they do not require increased attention to themselves, they sleep a lot - for many people these are the best arguments in favor of acquiring them. But single-faced pugs can be jealous of you to another dog, therefore, it is better if he is the only pet in the family. Want to endear an animal, be gentle with it. Do not indulge the dog with delicacies at the first request, otherwise it will be difficult to teach her to discipline.
Like any living creature, a pug needs care, treatment and care. If you are planning to have a pet, find out in advance how to take care of it, feed it, what diseases to prevent.
How to care for a pug?
- The pug's skin and folds need care. For cleaning wool need stainless steel comb. A well-groomed dog will look like if you comb it daily. Do not comb the animal against wool. After combing pet pet special glove. Pugs love to swim, wash them 1 - 2 times a month. Often you do not need to bathe the dog, it will remove the protective film from the skin and the wool will no longer shine, it will become dull and brittle. Before washing, you need to check whether your pet has fleas, ticks. If there are parasites, then use an insecticidal shampoo, and then disinfect the room and place of sleep.
- How to bathe a pug?Put a rubber mat in the bath, it is needed for the convenience of the pet. Place cotton wool tampons in your ears to protect them from water. In case the shampoo gets into your eyes, prepare vegetable oil and drip in a drop in each eye. For washing you need shampoo for dogs with short hair, a sponge and a terry towel. It is necessary to bathe a pug with warm water. Wet with water all but the head, you need to wash your face with a sponge without shampoo. Wash detergent thoroughly! After bathing, dry the dog's hair with a hair dryer, make sure that there are no drafts in the room, as pugs are prone to cold.
- If the dog has folds on the face, then they need special care. Dirt, dust, food remains accumulate between the folds. If you neglect the hygiene in this case, the pet may become ill with skin fungus. This disease is characterized by an unpleasant odor. Buy a special alcohol solution for the treatment of folds. Wet them with a cotton swab and start cleaning with the area under the eyes and further along the folds. As soon as the tampon becomes dirty, replace it, clean it until there is no contamination. Care for folds at least 1 time per week. After cleansing, grease the area under the nose with petroleum jelly.
In addition to wool and folds, you need to clean your pug's teeth, ears, and anal glands, cut off your nails and walk daily.
Diseases of pugs
If you properly care for your dog, you can minimize the chance of illness. Most often, pugs suffer from such ailments:
- Overweight. Pugs are inert animals, so if you constantly give the dog treats and do not force it to move, obesity is inevitable.
- Infections of the folds. But if you clean them once a week, your pet is insured against this disease.
- The respiratory system of dogs is their weak point. To avoid respiratory diseases do not walk for a long time with a pug in hot and cold weather, avoid stuffy rooms. But in any case, night snoring can not be avoided.
- Many dogs of this breed are prone to hereditary disease - encephalitis. It leads to blindness, convulsions, loss of orientation, death. Often, pugs develop epilepsy.
- Allergy. Signs - sneezing, tearing. May be allergic to food.
- Chronic corneal erosion. The disease begins with corneal clouding, eyelid spasm, over time, the eyes tighten the blood vessels.
Pug care products
- The muzzle is wiped with cotton dipped in chlorhexidine.
- Wounds and abrasions are treated with an antiseptic.
How to feed a pug?
A dog of this breed must be fed solid food. Include the following foods in your pug's diet:
- Fresh meat with pits. Do not give your dog boiled bones, they are dangerous to the body.
- Add dried apricots to food, it strengthens the heart muscle.
- Milk protects the animal from heartburn.
Fed some time after the walk, from special dishes. Do not overfeed pet, do not feed the leftover food from your table, otherwise obesity is guaranteed. Watch for body weight, the standard for the dog - 10 kg, for females - 8 kg. Remember that an animal must always have clean drinking water.
Nicknames for pugs
How to name a dog: Ike, Wolf, Gaston, Jason, Jule, Bug, Claude, May, Oscar, Timothy, Hart, Charlick, Sheriff.
How to call a pug girl: Addy, Adela, Aza, Amanda, Babeta, Betty, Bonita, Bulka, Becky, Greta, Jessica, Dol, Don, Blot, Button, Lizzy, Regina, Hilda, Elba, Unit.
It is not advisable to give the pet a human name.
Pugs are very attached to their owners, bored, longing. Therefore, do not be separated from the pet for a long time, going on a long trip, take it with you. Care for your dog, love it, and it will give you boundless devotion and love!