Today in the world there are many dogs, and very often lovers choose the breed only in its size and appearance. Small dogs are best suited for apartments and in the case when a person can not take responsibility for a large dog.
A small Pekingese belongs to the most charming breeds.and can not leave anyone indifferent, even those who do not belong to avid dog breeders. But before you bring your puppy home, you need to get acquainted with how to care for the Pekingese, so that your mutual communication will be pleasant and trouble-free over the years.
Pekingese Care Rules
- There are no particular difficulties in the care of the Pekingese, but you must follow the basic rules. The main rule of care isregular grooming. After all, the Pekingese have a very long hair, and if you don’t care for it, they form mats that can only be removed with scissors.
- Combing wool need at least 2 p. in Week. To this process did not cause any special difficulties, teach your dog to combing, while it is still a puppy. In order that the process does not seem uninteresting and boring, sit on the sofa, take Pekingese on your knees, turn on a good movie and start combing your pet.
- Comb the Pekingese wool with a massage brush, sweeping along the body, and the skirt and behind the ears - a comb with rare and not sharp teeth. This procedure will appeal not only to you, but also to the dog. It needs to be combed no longer than 20 minutes. It also does not hurt to cut the hair between the fingers and make the paw trim, but there should be no claws. If tangles are formed, it is better to disassemble them with your hands or use the means for combing.
- Pekingese can wash no more than 1 p. in half a year, because his wool has a touch, due to which all the dirt from it flies, the only exception here are the paws and intimate places. Also, the dog needs to cut the claws, but this should be done as needed and with a special claw cutter. Pekingese do not like this procedure, so if you do not have sufficient determination, ask for help from specialists.
- Pekingese need and communication. Even adult dogs love to play. Therefore, get for him soft balls that he can pick up in the teeth, as opposed to the smooth ones.
- Try to give communication to the Pekingese for at least 30 minutes a day so that it does not become fearful and unsociable. Pekingese is in great need and in tactile contact and in gentle words. If there are children in the house, make sure that they give him the opportunity to rest, otherwise he will become nervous.
Pekingese content at home
- Dog eyesneed to wipe with a damp cotton pad or swab. If the Pekingese began to squint his eyes or an opacification of the iris occurred, it is necessary to consult a doctor. Treatment of eye injury is the use of antibiotics, regenerating and anti-inflammatory drugs. Purulent discharge from the eyes are treated with antibiotics. To prevent injury to the eye, do not walk the Pekingese in the tall grass, do not carry it in the front seat of the car and do not allow it to play with small, aggressive animals.
- Crease over noselift and wipe dry with a cotton swab. If moisture appears under the fold, powder this place with baby powder or use Hydrocortisone eye ointment.
- Pekingese earswipe with a dry swab too. In case of heavy discharge and redness, consult a doctor. If you want to wash Pekingese more often, use a dry shampoo. Wool can be wiped with the following solution: vodka, water and table vinegar in equal parts. The napkin needs to be moistened and first wiped along the wool, and then against.
- De-worming spend 1 p. 3 months and 10 days before vaccination. Pekingese puppies are vaccinated for the first time in 8 weeks, the second - 2 weeks after the first vaccination, and the third time - in 9 months. Subsequently, vaccination is done 1 p. in year. Pekingese needs, like any other breed, to handle from external parasites - such as lashes, fleas, lice, and especially mites.
- Even while living in the city, Pekingese can be attacked by ticks, which are carriers of very dangerous diseases. These include "Piroplasmosis", which is transmitted with a bite. When these symptoms appear: refusal to eat, high fever, dark urine and unsteadiness in the hind limbs, one should immediately contact a veterinarian for help, and even if any of these symptoms appear, one should not delay in going to the veterinary clinic.
- Other rather unpleasant symptoms include inflammation of the prianal glands, which most often affects exactly Pekingese. It is accompanied by the following symptoms: combing the sides, riding the anus, trying to bite the hind legs. You can wash the dog yourself and lubricate the anus with ointment "Levomikol", but it is better to consult a doctor.
The main thing in the care of Pekingese are communication, walking, hygiene and vaccination.Observing these simple rules, you will make communication both for you and your pet pleasant and joyful.
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com.ru- Yuliya