The parrot is currently quite common poultry. He was tamed several hundred years ago. There are few families who have never kept parrot's house. If you decide to have a feathered pet at home, then you should know ground rules for its content. Then he will live with you happily ever after, to your joy.
The first days of the parrot in your home
- Before you acquire the parrot itself, need to buy him a cage, inventory in it and feed. Only then can you go for the bird itself.
- About two to three weeks the parrot must be on quarantine. If you already have other parrots, do not push a new tenant to them immediately.
- When you bring the bird home, do not pull it forcibly out of the carrier in which it was transported. Simply open the carrying doors and cages and align them. Parrot himself will move from place to place.
- First time try not to bother your pet, Do not meddle with him and do not touch, let him get used to the new living conditions. Do not give him even more stress.
- Create a sonorous name for the parrot (the article Names for boys' parrots will help you).
Content parrot in a cage
In the cage of your parrot must have the following inventory - feeding trough, drinking bowl, swimming pool, perches. In addition, the presence of river sand birds, crushed eggshell and charcoal is mandatory. All this is necessary for the normal digestion of your pet.
- Put a cage with a parrotat the level of your eyes. This way you will have eye contact with the bird. She will get used to you faster.
- A cage with a parrot should be well lit, only direct sunlight will be harmful to the bird.
- Do not put a cage ondrafts - parrots often catch cold. But also it is not necessary to put the bird's dwelling next to the sources of heating - batteries, heaters.
- Clean the cage daily. It is necessary to clean the dirt, litter and debris accumulated during the day. In addition, replace litter and rinse the drinker with the feeder with hot water and soda, also daily.
- Monthly need carry out a parrot cage. To do this, soak the cloth in a solution of pharmacy chamomile or wormwood and wipe the entire cage thoroughly.
Once every three months you should do the sanitary treatment of parrot housing. To do this, take a soft foam sponge, make a solution of one liter of water and three teaspoons of soda. Dip a sponge into the solution and process everything thoroughly.
Do not turn on too loud music in the room in which there is a cage with a parrot. Do not try to stroke the parrot, he is afraid. It is enough just gently, quietly and calmly to talk with your pet.
What do parrots eat?
The main feed for your feathered friend will be cereal mixture, which is sold at any pet store. Everything else that you will give the bird - will be an addition to the main diet. For example, you can give millet, oats, wheat, millet, seeds. Although parrots are very fond of sunflower seeds, you should not give them too much to him. This may adversely affect the health of the parrot.
It is useful to treat parrot sprouted grain, especially in the cold season. The fact is that sprouted grains are a source of vitamin E. Give sprouted grains in small quantities, once a day - in the morning.
Pay special attention to the quality of the grain you buy for your pet. Otherwise, he may poison himself and die. See if there is any mildew on the grain mixture, if there is an unpleasant smell.
- Additionally you can lure a parrot leaves and stems of some plants. It can be a dandelion, lettuce, spinach, alfalfa, clover and ordinary green grass. Collect green plants for food parrot need at a distance from the roadway.
- It is useful to treat your feathered petgreen grass flour. To do this, collect fresh plants, dry them in the oven, grind into the flour and give the parrot.
- Treat your pet fruits and berries. This is useful. But be prepared for the fact that they will not eat them without pleasure or not at all.
- Very useful for parrot egg mixture. To make it, cook a hard boiled egg, chop it finely. Add to the egg finely grated carrots and some ground crackers.
- Offer water to your parrot only defended. When the water lasts a few days - all harmful impurities will evaporate from it.
Do not forget that poor nutrition of your pet is a direct way to indigestion. And this stress and illness of your pet.
Parrots, like all living things too can get sick. Consider the most common diseases.
- Cold. The main symptoms of what your parrot caught a cold - eye inflammation, shortness of breath, runny nose, sneezing. To cure your pet, you need to put an infrared lamp so that it shines directly on the cage. If you do not have such a lamp, then the usual one will do.
- Psittacosis. Symptoms - diarrhea, shortness of breath, lacrimation, runny nose. It is almost impossible to treat alone, unless you are a veterinarian. Otherwise, prohibit children from approaching a feathered pet, and consult a doctor as soon as possible.
- Diarrhea. Symptoms - change in the consistency of the litter, a parrot sitting on the floor of the cage. If for some reason you cannot see a doctor, you can do the following. Wash your pet anus, give him an infusion of chamomile. In addition, remove all feed from the cage, and fill only easily digestible.
- Poisoning. Everything happens very quickly. You do not even have time to notice the symptoms, as your parrot will die. Therefore, in order to avoid such a situation, never use the air fresheners, varnishes, and deodorants in the room where the bird cage stands. You can not use in the room and paint, smoke. In addition, the cause of poisoning may be poor-quality food.
The most common cause of diseases and deaths of domestic birds is the failure to comply with the basic rules for the care, maintenance and nutrition of the parrot. Therefore, if you try to adhere to these rules, the parrot will live with you for a long time and become your true friend!
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com.ru -Vitalina