Washing takes a lot of time, especially if you need to remove complex stains. Especially difficult to wash clothes from fuel oil. This is a substance from recycled oil that contains petroleum resins and asphaltenes. They do not dissolve in acetone, ether or alcohol. There are several effective ways to than to wash the oil with clothes.
How to wash the oil with jeans and clothes?
- In order to wash off the fuel oil, it is necessary to immediately clean the stain, otherwise it will be very difficult to remove. Fuel oil is a type of fuel oil that can be washed off with the help of products that dissolve tar. They are highly soluble in light hydrocarbons. The best tool is gasoline, diesel or kerosene. Moisten cotton wool in gasoline and wipe the stain with fuel oil. After that, the clothes should be soaked in a separate container and washed several times using hand-washed powder and a stain remover, for example, Vanish.
- In addition to gasoline, fuel oil stains on clothes and jeans are well washed with toluene. It also has the properties to dissolve this substance, so it is used in laboratories for the dilution of petroleum products. If you decide to use toluene, it may be difficult to purchase it. But there is a way out: there are products based on it on sale, which also wash off fuel oil well.
- You can also use home remedies, which include starch, turpentine, ammonia and white clay. All components are mixed in equal proportions. The resulting mixture is applied to the stain and left to dry. Then take the brush, clean off the mass and wash the clothes in the usual way.
- To wash a fresh spot from fuel oil with clothes will help a hot way. Take a loose paper that absorbs moisture well. Attach it to the stain and iron the top with a hot iron. The fuel oil is heated and transferred to the paper, leaving no trace on clothing. After that, you just need to wash the thing, soaking it in powder and stain remover.
- If the stain of fuel oil is old enough, it is softened with butter. Lubricate the contamination with oil and leave for a few hours. After the oil is easily removed with gasoline, kerosene and toluene. In addition to butter, laundry soap with glycerin is used for this purpose.
- Some argue that fuel oil is well removed using fir or eucalyptus oil. Place a clean cotton pad under the stained fabric, moisten another disc in the product. Scrub the stain until it disappears. Rinse out. If contamination remains, repeat the procedure. After washing clothes in Vanisha.
- It is possible to wash off fuel oil from clothes and jeans with the help of dishwashing detergent such as "Fairy" or "AOC". Apply the product to the stain, wet with warm water and wash as usual. For easier removal a few hours before washing, grease the dirt with butter.
- Stains from fuel oil is well washed with car shampoos. You can buy it at the car market or car wash. Apply a small amount of shampoo to the contaminated area of fabric, leave for 30 minutes and wash in a washing machine with regular powder.
- How to wash the paint from clothes?
- How to wipe the paint off jeans?
How to wash the oil: useful tips
- To remove the stain, do not use acetone, otherwise you just spoil the thing, because it can spoil the fabric.
- Before applying any means, check it on a small section of the back seam, leaving it for 1 hour. This will help assess whether this method is suitable for fabric or not. If after the expiration of an hour nothing happened to matter, it means that you can safely use this method.
- Remove stains from the periphery to the center. This helps to avoid the appearance of dirty streaks.
- To prevent black oil from imprinting on the back of your clothes, be sure to place a clean, folded several times under the cloth.
- Field of stain removal, contours may remain on the fabric. To prevent this from happening, clean the area of fabric around the contamination with a paste or solvent before cleaning.
- If you decide to use gasoline, kerosene, etc., remember that this is an aggressive chemical agent. During use it is necessary to observe safety precautions: wear rubber gloves and a respirator to protect the respiratory system. Make sure that the composition does not get on the mucous membranes of the eyes and face, as well as on the skin. After using chemical agents, be sure to air the room for 15 minutes.
- Do not use solvents by open fires or a gas stove!
Wiping the stain off fuel oil is not easy, but possible. Use special solvents or home cleaning products. If the thing is very expensive, do not experiment at home. It is best to trust the professionals and take the clothes to dry cleaning.