Every child goes through the stage of hoarding, or "Plyushkin syndrome." Simply put, they collect things that are perceived by parents as rubbish. How can we, adults, throw away all the lovingly accumulated trash, risking to quarrel with the child, or watch how the house turns into a warehouse? We offer the third option - the creation of original handicrafts from materials that seem to be garbage - but only at first glance!
It turns out that it is not necessary to throw out ... the most ordinary chopsticks from popsicle ice cream. A little imagination, scrap materials, patience - and you will turn the faceless pieces of wood into your home decoration - a vase or photo frame. No less interesting are the original bracelets, dolls houses, breadbaskets, jewelry boxes and much more.
Children can and should be attracted to the creative process: they are quite capable of many products, and making crafts from ice cream sticks with their own hands is very interesting. You will not only get a lot of pleasure from joint creativity, but also be able to reveal the design talents of your child.
Here are a few ideas that might push you to new designs.
Ice Cream Sticks Bracelets
This jewelry will surely be enjoyed by the little fashionista and her mom.
To create a bracelet you will need:
- main material (wide chopsticks from popsicle);
- paints, threads and beads;
- two-layer paper napkins with beautiful patterns;
- a bowl;
- glass, the diameter of which corresponds to the circumference of the child's brush.
The process of creating jewelry
- First you need to soak the base of the bracelets - sticks - for about a day.
- Soaked wood easily bends, so you can easily give it the shape of a semicircle by inserting it into a glass or cup. As you can see, making crafts out of ice cream sticks is not difficult and very interesting!
- When the blank is dry, retaining the shape given to it, tweezers should be used and the future bracelet should be carefully removed from the vessel. Its surface can be decorated using decoupage, pasting the surface with original fabric, threads and beads. Or, alternatively, paint your bracelet with colors.
- The finished decoration should be covered with a transparent varnish and left to dry completely.
Original photo frame
If the bracelets have already been made and given away to your friends, the time has come to master the new horizons! Crafts from ice cream sticks are fertile ground for the manifestation of your imagination. For example, one can make simple and original photo frames from them.
To create a stand for pictures you will need:
- 6-7 wooden sticks or spatulas (more);
- a set of acrylic paints;
- beads, rhinestones, pictures and any other decor items.
The process of creating crafts
- To begin with, paint the sticks in your favorite colors or just varnish them. When the blanks are dry, lay two of them horizontally on the table, parallel to each other (the width of the frame). This will be the top and bottom of crafts. Then fasten them with the side parts of the frame - two more sticks, located perpendicular to the first two. Use glue on wood or pva.
- It is possible to improve such a simple frame. On the back side, glue on 2 more horizontal sticks. Double pieces should be located in the upper and lower parts of crafts. As a support, you can use the seventh wand. And you can decorate the finished product to your taste simply by adding it with pictures or covering it with a pattern of beads, sequins, beads, etc. Such designs of ice cream sticks are a great gift for loved ones or decoration of your home!
We decorate a glass vase
To create an original decor of a simple glass vase, it is enough to use the same principle as in the manufacture of bracelets. Soak the sticks in water for a day or 13 hours, and then gently bend them in a semicircle and lower them into the flower bowl. In this case, each successive wand with a slight shift, like steps, should be placed. As a result, you get a vase with an exquisite wooden decor. Want to appreciate the beauty of the future of ice cream sticks? Photos will help you with this and push you to interesting ideas!
To make a real masterpiece, it is not necessary to spend a lot of money on the purchase of expensive materials.
To create a house you will need:
- several wide chopsticks from popsicle;
- PVA glue;
The process of making crafts
- Gluing the sides of the chopsticks, build several rectangles: the floor, walls and 2 roof slopes for the future house. For the simplest construction will need 6 blanks.
- If you want to make the back wall, prepare 7 blanks. Fasten them together with glue.
- At the same time, all the same ice cream sticks will act as bridges that strengthen the building. You can make stairs, furniture and much more out of them!
Prepare a homemade stick of ice cream can be decorated at your discretion.
We wish you creative success!