Hop is a common plant. Growing it is not too difficult. The benefits of it, if you grow it on your own personal plot, will be many, as hops are widely used in traditional medicine as part of various recipes.
Women hop helps with menstrual disorders. It increases the appetite, has an excellent sedative effect. To improve sleep, you can sew several hops into the pillow. Helps hops for headaches, neuroses, genital disorders of a neurotic nature, and for many other diseases.
Description - ordinary hops
Hop ordinary - perennial, dioecious plant-vine.
- All plant organs, both vegetative (stem, leaves, root), and generative (flower, fruit and seed) are very unstable. They can vary depending on the growing conditions, care and cultivation.
- Hop has underground shoots that form rhizome. Rhizome with small roots growing from it, form a well-developed root system. Thanks to her, the hop penetrates deep into the soil and does not suffer during the drought. However, the bulk of the roots is close to the ground.
- Stemsbranchy hops, red or green, very long. In length, hop stalks can reach more than 10 m. The stems are covered with hairs and hook-like thorns. Thanks to the thorns, the hop clings to the support and behaves like a vine. Thorns are also found on the side shoots of the hops, on the leaves and their petioles.
- Leaveshops are simple, heart-shaped. The closer to the top, the leaves are larger. On the lower lighter side of each leaf there are glands. They contain tar and essential oil.
- Flowers are collected in inflorescences. The well-known hop cones are female inflorescences. Male inflorescences are on another plant. They do not form cones. Get rid of male plants, because they have no practical value.
- Fetus - nutlet It is small, brown. Seeds small.
- Grow hop better on flat terrain with a slight south facing (southeast, south and southwest).
- To protect against wind, hops are planted near garden trees or high hedges, buildings.
- Most suitable for growinghops will be low and medium podzolicthe soil sod-podzolic the soil gray forest soils.
- Swampy soils, light and heavy sandy soils are not suitable for growing hops.
- Approximately 10 days after planting, shoots of hops appear.
- When the hops reach a height of half a meter, they produce harrowing(about 10 cm deep) and looseningsoil.
- In the second year of growing hops in the early spring they spend pruningunderground stems last year and lateral rhizomes.
- Heavily damaged hop plants destroy as well as trimmed hop residues.
- After pruning the soil is loosened and make herbicides for weed control: citrine (50%), dual (50%), etc.
- To enhance the rate of ripening hop cones the plants are sprayed when they reach a height of about 80 cm, ammonium nitrate solution (40%). Then spend first feeding of plants mineral fertilizer complex (nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus). A week after this, the stalks of hops plant on the props.
- When the hops reach a three-meter height, it is spud and fertilized (phosphorus, potassium).
- To increase the yield hops should pinch, that is, cut the stepsons - the extra side branches below. It is useful, in addition, to pinch the lateral branches of the hop at a height of two meters.
Hop pests and diseases
Hops can hit alfalfa weevil and fleas. To prevent adverse effects, it is necessary to spray the hops with a solution.chlorophosome.
From spider mite and aphids solution treatment will help phosphamide (40%).
Against viral diseaseshops used zinc sulfate.
Spraying helps to cope with other non-viral diseases. polycarbacin, kuprozan, zineb etc.