A hat is a headdress that can instantly transform a person and protect his head from the sun and wind. A paper hat with one's own hands is one of the main attributes of a fancy dress. It will help to give completeness to any image. To create a hat you can attract children, turning the process into an interesting game.
How to make a paper hat?
A plain paper hat consists of 3 parts: the bottom, the fields, and the crown. The main work is the manufacture of these parts and gluing them together. The crown is made of a paper rectangle, the height is equal to a hat. Its width should also be equal to the hat. When the workpiece is cut, glue the rectangle to form a cylinder and set aside to dry.
To make the bottom of the hat, take a cardboard and attach the crown to the cardboard. Circle and cut the resulting circle, adding a couple of centimeters for the seam. Besides the usual cardboard, the bottom of the hat can be made from a disposable paper plate. Cut 1 cm deep cuts around the entire circumference of the cardboard circle. Fold the cuts and glue the circle to the crown.
Hat fields can be made from a separate sheet of paper by drawing two concentric circles on it: one circle should be 1 cm smaller than the diameter of the crown, and the second one is equal to the planned size of the future hat fields. Make cuts along the whole small circle and glue to the crown.
The finished hat can be decorated with beads, ribbons, sequins, foil, beads, bows, etc. To perfect a paper hat, cover it with shiny film or crepe paper.
Pirate hat out of paper do it yourself
You will need:
- A3 black paper;
- 2 sheets of white A4 paper;
- Red paper;
- Black helium pen;
- A simple pencil;
- Elastic for hat.
Instructions for making a pirate paper hat:
- Make a square out of black paper: take the corner of the short side of the sheet and attach it to the other side of the sheet so that the second corner of the short side is bent in half.
- Mark the spot where the first corner was. Mark the sheet so that the right and left edges of the sheet coincide.
- Expand the sheet and cut into the fold. As a result, you get a flat square. Cut a circle from the resulting black square, rounding the corners.
- Bend a white sheet of paper in half. Cut the sheet in length into thin strips, retreating from the edges of 1.5 cm. Expand the sheet and cut it into folds. You should have 4 strips of fringe. Use a pencil or scissors to twist the fringe.
- Glue the whole part of the fringe on the black circle so that its edges look upwards. On the edge of the circle, measure with a black pen 3 points at the same distance from each other. Make 3 folds from point to point. You should have a triangle. The middle of the triangle gently push upwards, lowering the sides of the triangle and pressing the corners. In the end, it turned out a cocked hat.
- Cut out 2 feathers from another white sheet and make a fringe on them. Twist the obtained fringe with scissors or a pencil. Glue together the corners of the feathers. From the remnants of white paper cut the skull and bones. Glue the bones crosswise. Cut a pirate bandana out of red paper and stick it to the skull. Glue the finished skull to the bones and paint on it with a black helium handle of the orbit, a bandage for the eyes, nose, mouth, cracks, etc.
- Stick feathers on one side of the hat and skull with bones on the other. Using the awl, make two holes on the sides and thread the elastic. As a result, you have turned out a pirate's carnival hat.
Paper Cylinder Hat
You will need:
- Cardboard sheet;
- A piece of black velvet, satin or silk;
- PVA glue;
- Black marker;
Instructions for making a cylinder of paper:
- Measure the volume of the head. Cut out the bottom of the cardboard of the same size - it will be the bottom of the cylinder. After, proceed to the manufacture of the crown. Cut it in the shape of a rectangle with the height that is needed. Note, the long side of the crown must be equal to the circumference of the bottom of the cylinder.
- From the cardboard cut the fields for the hat cylinder. Cut the outer diameter at your discretion. Carefully coat all cardboard parts of the cylinder with black cloth using PVA glue. Now, assemble the cylinder parts.
- Fill the remaining glueing sites with a black marker so that the white gaps are not visible. At will, the cylinder can be decorated with feathers, beads, flowers and ribbons. Such a top hat can be worn to any carnival costume or simply with a tuxedo.
A paper hat with your own hands is an excellent element of any fancy dress. With the help of improvisation and standard manufacturing instructions, you can make a hat of witches, cowboy, mushroom, forester, musketeer, etc. For the manufacture of the accessory, you can use colored paper or plain cardboard, as well as fabric.