Guayava refers to those plants, the process of growing which does not require much effort.
An interesting fact is that guava has another less common name. It is called psidium.
Psidium is actually the name of the genus, which also includes guava.
Guayava or psidium, as it is also called, belongs to myrtle plants. Natural, natural habitat conditions favorable for the growth and development of guava are found in tropical America (this is its middle and southern parts). In other tropical and subtropical areas, guava is rather widely cultivated.
The appearance of guava
- Guayava is a tree or shrub plant. Her young shoots have four facets characteristic of the plant. Guayawa foliage resembles an ellipse in its shape. It is stretched and ranges from seven to fifteen centimeters in length, and can be from three to seven centimeters in width.
- The sheet plate is provided with a light down at the bottom, and from above the sheet surface is smooth both externally and to the touch. On the foliage viewed prominent veins.
- During the flowering period, you can observe the appearance of single or collected in two - three instances in the leaf sinuses of flowers. Flowers are formed by white petals.
- Guayava fruit on top is covered with green dense skin. It protects it from external damage. In length, the fruit can reach up to twelve centimeters. They are elongated and similar in shape to a pear. That is why their form is called pear-shaped.
- The pulp of guayava fruits may be white, pink or yellow. It is very aromatic and pleasant to the taste.
This plant is used as an ornament to decorate and complement the interior decoration of houses and apartments.
Guayava will look great in single plantings, and in combination with other vegetation.
Guayava is quite possible to apply for the implementation of ideas in landscape design. In the open field, it is also pretty well rooted and take root. However, the plant does not overwinter in the harsh climate of our country, therefore, as a rule, guava is used only as a houseplant.
- Guayava seeds give excellent results in terms of germination. However, during long-term storage, these good qualities may deteriorate. It is best to use the seeds just collected, so to speak, after collecting immediately in sowing.
- Planted guava can and cuttings. However, in order for them to go through a rooting period well, it is important to create decent conditions for them. And, above all, we are talking about air temperature. The latter should be at least twenty, and better, and all plus twenty-five degrees. High level of humidity is also not unimportant factor.
- Soil mixture can be prepared from humus, sand and sod land. The components are taken in equal proportions and thoroughly mixed. Then, over time, the soil composition can be weighed down.
- For planting at home is best suited coastal psidium. The fact of the matter is that it blooms pretty pretty with small, pretty white flowers.
- The main advantage of the coastal psidium is its self-pollination. And this is an important condition for indoor plants.
Guayava loves sunshine very much, that is, she needs good lighting.
Temperature regime provide no lower than twenty degrees.
In the hot summer days it would be nice to make landing on the balcony for airing. However, it should be remembered that the plant does not tolerate drafts.
Watering should be very, very abundant and carried out as the top soil dries out. Accordingly, the need for watering is determined by you yourself.
In winter, watering is significantly reduced, because the plant needs rest.
Fertilizers are best fed periodically at monthly intervals.
Very fond of guava fertilizing from slurry. It is also not very bad impact on the growth and development of plants, mineral fertilizers. It is good if they are easily soluble in water. By purchasing such fertilizers, you are guaranteed to get a good result in terms of their absorption by the root system of guava.
Monitor the external condition of the plant.
In general, the cultivation of guayava - this is not too difficult, besides, and quite grateful from the plant. Good adaptation, rapid growth, development, the usual, quite standard requirements for care - this is a list of advantages that should be noted regarding the cultivation of guayava.