If you want to decorate the room to some important event, to create an unusual corner in the nursery or an exclusive atmosphere in your room, try to make unique balls of thread with your own hands.
Recently, the balls of thread are becoming increasingly popular and fashionable, winning a lot of fans in different countries of the world. Such voluminous balls will help create a fun atmosphere and will appeal not only to children, but also to adults. The main thing is to have patience, good mood and appeal to your imagination.
How to make a ball of thread?
- To create a ball of thread, prepare PVA glue, a needle along the length that is larger than the width of the bottle with glue, threads, scissors and balloons. PVA glue is best used in narrow containers with soft thick or thin plastic walls.
- In order to get the ball voluminous, inflate the balloon of the desired size. Tie him with a thread that will not allow him to be blown away, and leave a long thread to hang him at the right place after the end of the creative process.
- Take a bottle of PVA glue, thread a needle into the needle, and poke a bottle of glue with it. It is best to pierce the bottle at the bottom, so that the glue is enough for the whole process of winding the ball. The thread does not need to be cut. Pull the needle on the other side of the bottle with glue and remove the thread from the needle. Pulling the thread through the bottle, start winding the inflated ball with it. Passing through the glue, the thread will be smeared with it and will easily stick to the ball.
- Wrap the inflated ball until it turns out to be completely entangled, but in the place where the ball is tied, leave a space through which it can be pulled out after piercing.
- Once you have finished this process, cut the thread with scissors and hang the ball by a long thread that was left when you tied. Choose a place where it will not touch walls or other objects. Leave the ball until it dries. Then pierce it with a needle and after it is blown away, pull out the ball by the thread with which it was tied.
Festive balls of thread and glue
- Before you start creating a ball of thread and glue, determine the size of the ball, wear an apron and rubber gloves to avoid getting dirty in the glue. After that, inflate the ball and hang it over the workplace so that it does not touch the wall or other objects and cannot be soiled with glue. Also, so that the threads do not stick to the balloon too tightly, lubricate it with petroleum jelly or cream.
- Then take a spool of thread of the color you want to give to the ball, and put them in silicate glue. Let it lie there for about an hour so that the threads are well saturated with glue. If you want to create a multi-colored ball, put threads of different colors into the glue.
- After that, start wrapping the balloon cross-wise with threads, leaving gaps between them. If there are any difficulties with wrapping the ball with a thread impregnated with glue, wrap it with a dry thread, then soak it with a brush or sponge.
- Instead of silicate glue or PVA, you can prepare an ordinary paste. Dissolve in 1 glass of cold water 3 tsp. starch and mix them well. Bring the resulting mixture to a boil. Klester is ready.
- Leave the ball with thread to dry for 2 days. A ball of thread should acquire hardness and be strong. Only after that untie the neck of the ball and let the air out. When the ball is completely deflated, gently pull it out. All sticking threads cut. If the ball moves away from the thread badly, use a simple pencil and press it through the holes formed by the interlacing of the threads.
Decorative balls from the threads do it yourself
- Cover the surface on which you will work with clean paper, protect clothing and hands from glue, wearing an apron and gloves. To create a ball of thread pick up high-quality glue. It may be PVA or plain colorless. PVA glue is best suited when working with thicker threads, use thin silicate. Prepare a plastic narrow and high capacity, pour the glue in there and close the jar.
- When choosing threads, note that to create decorative balloons, it is better to pick up thin threads, and jute cords will help create a textured volume that will give the interior a certain accent. When decorating balls with some additional accessories, the color of the thread should match them, creating a harmonious combination.
- Pick up the needle with such an eye, which will include the selected thread. Thread the needle and pierce the jar of glue through it. It is very important that the hole in the jar is not too large, otherwise the glue will cover the thread with a thick layer or start flowing.
- Inflate balloons of the desired size and any shape, the thread will repeat any shape. Tie the end of the ball and spread it with a thin layer of vaseline, it will not wrinkle the ball of thread when pulling out a deflated balloon. Pull the thread through the bottle of glue and wrap around the ball. Apply the thread evenly, keeping an eye on the number of layers to make the ball the way you want it. Leave the coiled ball to dry for at least 1 day. After that, untie the end of the ball, pierce it and remove. To give a ball of thread an unusual look, paint it with acrylic paint of your favorite color.
- The finished ball can be painted with beads, glitter, rhinestones, paper flowers or sequins, smearing the place to put the jewelry with glue.
Weaving a ball of threads with glue can be done in several ways using various weaving techniques. Such composite balls of thread are designed for different occasions. They can decorate the house, the room where the festive event will be held, make a composition in the kitchen, which will give a special charm and emphasize its color scheme. Balls of thread can be painted in different colors, especially silver and gold will look beautiful.
Any decoration made by hand, can give your home comfort and warmth.