Paper is a versatile and affordable material from which you can make various decorations with your own hands. This is an exciting experience, bringing a lot of positive emotions. From paper, you can make flowers, butterflies, animals, and more. Other decorations made of such material give the house warmth and comfort.
How to make paper decorations?
You will need:
- Wooden sticks - 3 pcs .;
- Corrugated or colored paper - 2 colors;
- Glue gun;
- Green ribbon;
- White paper;
- Pins or toothpicks;
- Mug or saucer;
- Vase or bucket;
- Foam or foam ball.
Instructions for making bulk colors:
- Glue together 2 wooden sticks, glue the 3rd stick over them. Take the green ribbon, using hot glue to fix it around the sticks to the very end. It will be a flower stalk. Cut off the excess length of the ribbon and attach the end at the base to the glue.
- Using a cup or saucer, draw many circles on corrugated or colored paper. Remember that one color of paper will be a flower bud, and others - the core. Cut circles.
- Form flower buds: take 2 circles, attach white on top - for the core. Pierce the workpiece with a pin or toothpick. To give the buds a natural look, doubt them. Repeat the same with others. The resulting buds stick in a foam or plastic ball.
- Determine the location for the stem - it should be located in the lower part of the center of the flower ball. Stick wooden sticks wrapped with green ribbon. Wrap the stem again and tie a neat bow above the center. Ready flower insert in a pot or a vase, sprinkled with pebbles or sand.
Corrugated paper flowers
You will need:
- Corrugated paper of different colors - 7 pieces, size 50x80;
- Large paper clips - 7 pcs .;
- Floristic or ordinary wire;
Instructions for making corrugated paper colors:
- Lay out corrugated paper on the table and fold each piece of accordion. Form folds no more than 5 cm wide. The lines of bends should be parallel to the folds on the crepe paper. Using a stationery clip, secure the accordions.
- Spread the blanks and cut the edges so that each layer of the flower was smaller in diameter than the previous one by 5 cm. Round each bunch with sharp scissors.
- Cut each crease on both sides, leaving the central part intact. Remove the clips, spread out the pieces of paper from the smallest to the largest. Gather all the layers together in an accordion.
- Tie the middle of the bundle with wire for floristics. Carefully separate one strip from the bud and straighten it with your hands. As soon as you finish making out all the layers of the flower, cut off the sticking edges. Leave the flower for a while so that it will independently take on the correct shape.
- Make as many colors as you need.
Paper window decorations
You will need:
- Double-sided colored paper;
- Black mascara;
- PVA glue;
- Cotton pads or cloth;
- Vegetable oil.
Instructions for making decorations for the window:
- Pick up the desired pattern, transfer it to the paper with contour lines 5 mm thick. Cut along the contour lines. For this you will need scissors or stationery knife. When you completely cut out the picture, make another 1 - its mirror image.
- Cover the front side of the picture with black gouache. Saturate colored paper with vegetable oil and leave to dry for several hours. Remove excess oil with a dry cloth. Vegetable oil will give the paper a transparency effect.
- Cut along the contour of the pieces of colored paper and paste them on the paper blank, covered with gouache. The more colors you use, the brighter the decoration for the window will be. After filling the blank paper with colored paper, gently glue the mirror and normal sides together. So that the finished decoration does not remain wavy, put it under a press for a while.
- When the decoration is fully prepared, you can put it on the window. To do this, you can use liquid soap, but do not apply it immediately to the paper, but rather dissolve it in water. To make the picture not float, brush the soap on paper with a brush, and then paste the image.
See also:How to make a swan out of paper?
Paper Decorations: Butterfly
Draw a butterfly on a piece of paper or find the outline of the image on the Internet, then print it. Put the paper on a sheet of thick plywood and secure with tape so that it does not move.
Cut out the inner pattern of the flaps with a stationery knife. If you cannot cut a long line through, cut the butterfly in short and deep cuts, leaving small jumpers between the cuts. Connect the incisions together.
Erase the pencil lines, if visible. Using scissors, cut the outer contour of the butterfly. Make 2 such blanks - they should have the same contour, and the internal pattern may not coincide.
From the wrapping film with a laser effect, cut the exact same butterfly. Reduce its size by cutting off the wings.
Put one of the butterflies with a glossy layer down, put a wrapping film blank on it and fix everything with scotch tape or glue. To get a stained glass effect, you can put any material under each slot: foil, satin, colored paper, etc.
Smear the wing layer with glue, insert a loop of threads or a paper clip. Stick the 2nd butterfly.
Do-it-yourself paper decorations are a great option for decorating your apartment. You can make any crafts using the paper and decorative elements that you have at hand. In addition, such things can be presented to friends or relatives as a small gift.