Surely every woman has several pieces of unclaimed fabric. Some simply throw them away as unnecessary, someone sews quilts, someone uses them as cloths to remove dust. In the meantime, you can make whole pictures from these unnecessary pieces of fabric that can dramatically complement your interior. Fabric patterns always look fresh, bright and original. Making them is not as difficult as it may seem at first glance. Try it yourself to please yourself with such a picture.
Materials for paintings from the fabric do it yourself
Before you start creating a picture of fabric, get the necessary materials. To create three identical pictures (three will look spectacular on an empty wall) you will need:
- Subframes - 3 pieces
- Fabric - enough to cover three patterns (depending on the size chosen)
- Nails and hammer (to nail pictures)
- Staple gun.
Pictures of fabric in the interior: useful recommendations
- You can buy a frame in the nearest art store, or make it yourself. The main thing that is required of you is to think in advance about the size of the future picture and choose it correctly.
- Many subtleties contain the placement of pictures. This greatly affects how the viewer will perceive your creation. As a rule, pictures should be located at eye level. But if you place your creations, for example, in the living room, then you should take into account the fact that people will look at them, most likely sitting. Therefore, the paintings must be placed just below their usual position.
- If you are going to make three pictures of the same size, then it is better to hang them side by side, at equal distances from each other.
- It is important to choose the right fabric for future paintings. It should be remembered that it is necessary to take the fabric that will be in harmony with the other objects in the room. You can take as a basis the similarity of texture, or the colors of future paintings and interior items. You can even use the same fabric from which the curtains, bedspreads or upholstery were sewn.
- How much fabric is needed, you can determine when decide what size the paintings will be.
- It should be remembered that the fabric will need to leave allowances to secure it to the subframe.
The easiest way to make a picture of fabric
There is no easier way to create a picture of fabric, than to pull on a frame and fix an ordinary canvas with a beautiful suitable pattern.
- To do this, you need to put the fabric with the wrong side on the frame and see how the pattern on the fabric will look better as a picture.
- Then you need to very carefully turn the fabric and frame. It is necessary to do this in such a way as not to move the fabric, because it is important to leave it exactly in the position you have planned.
- When the frame and fabric are turned upside down, it is necessary to circle the contour of the frame along the seamy side of the fabric, then create the full size of the product, adding a few centimeters to allowances on each side.
- Cut the canvas along the larger contour. Then begin to stretch the fabric on the subframe. In the process of tensioning, do not forget to tuck the trimmed end. And it should be done in such a way as to hide the cut edges.
- To secure each side in the process of stretching, you will need an adhesive tape.
- When the canvas is stretched, go to its fastening with a pistol with brackets. In this case, remember that the fabric should be tightened as much as possible. After the end of this procedure, remove the previously taped tape.
- Now that the fabric is well stretched and secured, you can hang your pictures on the wall.
Original handmade fabric picture
Enough The original will be a picture of a fabric with an application of wood, the trunk of which will be an exact copy of your hand or the child’s hand. To create such, you will need:
- wooden frame (you can take a cardboard or 2 slats)
- Moment glue (can be PVA)
- scraps of different texture or fabric colors.
- The first thing you need to do is to attach the selected fabric to the frame with nails or glue it to the cardboard.
- Then you need to arrange a tree trunk. To do this, attach to the fabric your hand or the hand of a child and circle it. Cut the future trunk. Fabric for this you need to take a different from the burlap, which is attached to the frame.
- Next you have to cut the leaves from the shreds of fabric. The leaves can be of various colors and textures, so they will create a general mood of the picture.
- Now from the obtained leaves form the crown of the tree. Glue the patches to the picture with glue. Leaves can be arranged as you like.
- When the crown is formed, we glue the hand-trunk to it, so that the fingers slightly go to the crown, because they will play the role of branches. Now your original picture is ready.
Do-it-yourself fabric paintings are a simple and at the same time spectacular way to decorate a home. Such a picture can convey your mood and also give positive emotions while contemplating the beautiful creation of your own hands.
How else can you decorate the interior with paintings, realizing your creative talents, read the article