The name of this plant is quite unusual for our ears. However, it itself is common. It's a palm tree. Hamedorei is otherwise called mountain palm. It refers to decorative leaf plants for indoor plants (read the article Varieties of indoor plants), because it blooms infrequently.
Hamedorea is a small plant, elegant palm tree. In height can reach about a meter or even higher. But in the indoor environment usually grows much lower. It grows slowly, which is famous among flower growers. Leaves are complex with feathers on long petioles, reach a length of 15-30 cm, narrow, sharp. Flowers nondescript, different colors, collected in long inflorescences - panicles.
Types of Hamedorei
- Hamedorea monochrome - Bush palm, has many stems, the leaves are narrow and long. Non-opaque flowers. Very unpretentious and the most shade-tolerant view among the representatives.
- Hamedorea Zeyfritz - multi-stemmed plant, the most common among representatives of this genus. The stems resemble cane stalks, the leaves are dark green, narrow.
- Hamedorea Ernest-Augusta - single woody trunk, whole leaves, forked at the end. There are not so many of them as representatives of other species of this genus. Blooms red non-opaque flowers. Different from the rest Hamedorei the presence of aerial roots on the stem.
- Hamedorea graceful - bush palm, few trunks, leaves pinnate.
Location in the house Hamedorei
Because of the low whimsicalness, this palm tree can be grown anywhere in your home. It is only important that the sun beams get there at least sometimes. It is better, of course, to set Hamedorea in partial shade or in diffused light. Western and eastern windows will do.
Among the rooms, choose for Hamedorei any. It will look great in the modern interior of the living room and bedroom, decorate the children's room with its lightness and elegance. In the nursery, you can put just bought a blooming palm tree.
As noted earlier, Hamedorea - unpretentious plant. The main thing is to water it in time, observe the temperature regime, do not make drafts for it and provide it with a sufficient amount of sunlight. The lighting is diffused sunlight or some penumbra.
- The temperature is moderate. In winter, the temperature should not be below 15 ° C.
- Humidity is moderately high. The leaves of the plant are either wiped with a damp sponge or sprayed.
- Watering plentiful in the spring-summer period. In winter, watering more scarce. Palm trees do not tolerate stagnant water, so the soil should be light.
- Hamedorea seeds propagated. But to grow a palm tree at home, their seed is quite difficult. Because during germination, the temperature should be relatively constant and high (not lower than 25 ° C).
- Transplanted in case of emergency. Palm trees do not like too much anxiety.
Pests and diseases Hamedorei
If you do not follow the proper care of the plant, it can hit spider mite andmealybug. How to deal with these pests, read the articles. Clivia: home care, Chlorophytum: growing and care in the home, Medinilla gorgeous: care and cultivation.
Keeping mountain palm trees at home will give you great pleasure and take a little time. Care must be systematic and correct. Hamedorea will bloom only in favorable conditions. But fruiting is usually in room conditions does not occur. It’s a pity, because it was Hamedorei that got its name because of the fruits hanging low from the ground.