The beauty petunia is one of the most popular ornamental plants for breeding in gardens and balconies. It is possible to grow its seedlings from seed for breeding both in ordinary soil and in a closed container.
If you want to grow good seedlings of petunias from seeds, Meet the tips of experienced flower growers.
- There is no need to sprinkle the seeds on top, it is enough to sprinkle them with water through a strainer, adding a small amount of the precursor, which helps to save young shoots from fungal diseases. The container must be covered with a transparent film.
- After a week in the tray should appear the first shoots. Young shoots of petunias are very gentle, therefore, they need to be protected even from water jets. They are better to spray with a spray. During the appearance of the third leaflet, all unsuccessful and frail shoots can be thinned out.
- After 2 weeks, the seedlings need to be planted in separate cups or special cassettes with holes. Replanting each plant, it must be dived down so that the root system starts to grow. Periodically, seedlings should be fed with mineral fertilizers and special additives.
- After a dive after 3 weeks, the petunia can be planted in flower pots or gravel. At the time of landing, the temperature at night should not be below 140C. If you pinch the tops of the stems, the petunia will throw out side shoots. This will form a petunia bush at its own discretion.
How to grow seedlings of cascade petunias from seeds?
- To grow cascade petunias, prepare seeds, planting tank, soil, peat pots, glass or plastic wrap, and a spray bottle. Seeds are sown in March-April. For cascade petunia to start blooming earlier, seeds should be planted in January or early February.
- Make the soil for sowing loose so that it can retain moisture. Substrate should not be strongly acidic or alkaline. The soil for planting petunia seeds can be done independently. It is enough to mix in equal parts rotted humus, peat, turf and leaf earth and sand.
- Then, in the prepared container, create a drainage using a layer of crushed expanded clay. After that, fill the rest of the tank with soil mixture. Spread the seeds over the soil and spray them with a spray gun. Cover them with a layer of soil 2 mm deep.
- Cover the container with glass or plastic wrap and keep seeds at 20-250C. For 2 weeks every day, water the seeds from a spray bottle, adding a solution of potassium permanganate to the water. Then reduce the number of waterings, and increase the amount of water. Not extra would be additional feeding petunia seedlings.
- Flowers enough to spray 2 p. growth stimulant. When the first leaflets appear on the seedlings, transplant it into peat pots separately. Pick up pots with a diameter of 8 cm. Plant sprouts when they are stronger, not earlier than May-June.
Growing petunias from seeds: what you need to know?
To grow seedlings from petunia, you need to pay close attention to the care of its seeds.
- Small seedlings shoots need loose soil, sunlight, strictly metered portions of fertilizers, heat and water.
- From one seed grow one bush of petunia.
- Buying petunia seeds for growing seedlings, pay attention to the manufacturer and shelf life.
- Sowing of seeds is done on top of the soil mix. They do not need to sprinkle and deepen in the soil. If the seeds are sown in peat pots, it is better to soak them with hot water, then cool and deepen the seed in such a pot. Then moisten the soil on top of the seeds, then put it in the greenhouse and close with an oilcloth so that it does not touch the ground.
- As a container, you can use the tray for storing food with a transparent lid. Capacity with seeds must be placed under the light.
- The temperature must be at least 180C and not higher than 300C. The higher the temperature, the faster the seedlings will appear. The optimum temperature is 220WITH.
- After 10 days, shoots should appear in the tray. Watering peat pots is better, pouring water into the pan, and when the topsoil darkens, drain the excess water. After 10 days you can make the first feeding, using 15% of the recommended concentration of the solution.
- At the very beginning of development strengthen weak shoots of seedlings of petunias It is possible, using fortifying means where nitrogen fertilizers prevail.
- After the appearance of 3 leaves, you need to pick.
- After 1.5 months, seedlings should be seated on 200 g cups. By adding a bit of ground on top of a coma, with which the sprouts need to be transplanted. When the roots of the shoots will entwine all the soil, they should be transplanted into a 500 ml cup.
- The seedling begins to bloom and at the end of March it can be planted where you decide.
If you follow the simple rules for growing seedlings from seeds in your garden or on a balcony, you can create a real flower garden of magnificent petunia. Even from one seed you can grow seedlings, which will become a huge shrub covered with beautiful and bright flowers.