More recently, it was difficult to imagine these exotic flowers in our home. But now breeders have deduced a lot of ornamental orchid species that will grow beautifully in indoor conditions. It is only important to know what they need for normal life.
The appearance of orchids
In appearance, these exotic beauties are very, very diverse. They all have aerial roots, so it is best to grow them in transparent pots. Unusually beautiful are the flowers of orchids. Their stems are thin, since in nature they are creepers. Some orchids need support.
To be able to save the plant, choose orchids only from the group of indoor plants. Five of these species are considered light growers. It is miniature cymbidum, tselogina comb, odontoglossum large, pafiopedilum and of coursephalaenopsis.
- Phalaenopsis- requires even temperature and high humidity. The flowers are flat, large, variegated in color. There is no rest period. An adult plant can bloom almost all year round.
- Pafiopedilumknown by the name lady's slipper. He has a flower with a baggy lip. There are his hybrids. Does not need a rest period.
- Odontoglossum large easy to care for. Requires a dormant period in winter, good lighting and humidity.
- Tselogina comb also needs a rest period. Unpretentious care.
- Cymbidum - miniature orchid. It is this type that is recommended to grow for beginner orchid lovers. He has a short rest period.
In addition to the above types of orchids, there are about a hundred species. But they are not suitable for indoor conditions. Some types of orchids are beautifully grown in greenhouses and greenhouses. These include Catleus, Lykasta, Miltonia, Vanda andwilstekearu. Experienced growers can be advised to try to grow at home weilstear, miltonia andlykastu.
Orchid location at home
Each type of orchid has its own requirements for indoor conditions, but there are some general rules. Do not place the orchid in a randomly selected place. Good lighting is important to them. Perfectly suited western and eastern windows. However, they must be protected from the sun (for example, lace curtains).
The pot should be turned from time to time. In frosty nights, it is recommended to clean orchids from window sills.
The orchid will decorate the living room in your home, as well as the bedroom and nursery.
- Watering abundant. In the warm season, the soil should always be wet. In winter, watering is reduced. Water the orchid should be warm soft water.
- Breeds Orchid division by transplant. The transplanted plant is tied to a support.
- Transplanted orchids only when the growth of the plant is inhibited due to the cramped pot. You do not need to repot it if you saw orchid roots sticking out of the pot.
Orchids love top dressing. But feed in the summer, in the winter it is not worth doing. Orchids need a special soil mix, which is sold in flower shops.
Observe the basic rules for caring for orchids, outlined in this article, and your orchids will not get sick and will not die.