Balsam - a beautiful and vibrant flower that many gardeners appreciate. In the people it is called "Roly wet" for the droplets formed on the cloves of the leaves. This plant is unpretentious, so ideal for novice gardeners. Impatiens easily tolerates weather changes., what allows to use a plant for registration of flower beds.
Balsam leaves - saturated green color. The color of the flower can vary from white to red. There are hybrids in which the color of flowers can be absolutely anything.
How to grow balsam from seed?
- To grow balsam from seed, you need to wait for the flowering period to end. At this time, the plant produces green fruit. When the fruits ripen, dry seed boxes will appear.
- Experienced gardeners are advised to plant balsam to start with in a flower pot, after planting the plant in open ground. If you need a balsam of seeds grown in the summer, the plant should be planted in the spring. Before planting, treat the seeds with potassium permanganate, then soak them in cool water.
- Balsamine non-tough to the soil - the main thing that the soil was nutritious. The substrate is made from sand, humus, leaf earth and turf. Pour the prepared substrate into a flower pot and plant balsam seeds. When you plant the seeds, cover them with plastic and maintain the temperature within 20 degrees of heat. Seeds will germinate 5 days after soaking. When the plant leaves appear, give them the shape of a bush.
- If it does not matter to you when the balsamine grows, plant the plant in mid-June in open ground. A semi-shady place is ideal for him. Impatiens bloom from early June to mid-October.
- In summer, balsam needs plenty of watering. The first watering is done when the top layer of the substrate dries out. Balsam is recommended to pour water at room temperature. Ensure that the soil under the flower is not too dry or too wet.
- Balsam grown from seeds needs fertilizer during the flowering period - just from the beginning of spring to late autumn. Feeding is done 1 time in 2 weeks with complex fertilizers.
- If you grow a balsam from seeds for the first time, in spring it must be cut to half the length and pinch the tops. Pruning balsam will ensure the formation of new shoots and better flowering plants. The more balsam have shoots, the better the flowering will be. Do not forget to cut the flaccid and yellowed balsam leaves.
Garden Balsam: cultivation
In a different way balsam garden is called impatiens balsamic. Garden balsam can reach a height of 73 cm, and the flowers are about 4 cm in circumference. The plant has a pyramidal shape.
Features of growing balsam garden these are:
- Before planting balsam soil necessarily treated with a fungicide.
- Seeds remain viable for 8 years.
- If there is no frost, balsam garden planted in open ground.
- Seeds are planted at a distance of 30 cm from each other. At a temperature of 21 - 27 degrees, they will rise in two weeks.
- After seed germination, it is necessary to maintain a temperature of 22 degrees of heat, provide ventilation and additional lighting for the plant, and avoid over-wetting the soil.
- When the first buds appear, it is necessary to maintain the temperature of the plant to 18 degrees.
Balsam Garden Reproduction
The reproduction of garden balsam can be done by cutting. To do this, from the uterine bush break off the top of the plant. Planted in a permanent place after 1 month the plant grows and begins to bloom.
When the balsam garden ends to bloom, it forms a fruit in the form of a juicy oblong box with a large number of seeds. When touched to the box, it cracks, and seeds fly out of it. Here is the magic!
Problems of growing garden balsam: diseases and pests
- Garden Balsam prefers shadow. During a strong heat balsam fades. Garden balsam requires regular feeding, which is carried out only on the leaves. The leaves of garden balsam are very fragile, therefore they break off at the nodes.
- Like any other plant, balsam is susceptible to insects. Symptoms of the disease: gray bloom and rot on balsam leaves, loss of color, yellowness, stalk falling off. Causes of disease: waterlogging, lack of fertilizers, harmful insects, aphid and bait floe.
In order for a balsam to be healthy, it is necessary to monitor it and provide the plant with the necessary conditions.
Growing balsam from seed- occupation is not difficult if you follow the necessary rules. With proper care, a balsam grows beautiful and big. Do not be lazy, and then in your garden will be a real fairy tale! Remember that the beauty of the garden depends only on your desire and skill.