Yarrow is a fairly widespread plant in Russia (and not only). It can often be found in the city, along roadsides. There is a yarrow in the meadows and on the edges of the forest, parks and gardens.
Description of yarrow
Yarrow - a perennial low plant. It has a smell. Stem erect, at the top of a little branch. On its stem are gray-green leaves, bare or pubescent. On the underside of the leaves are visible oil glands. At the top of the stem is formed inflorescence. Yarrow blooms at different times: throughout the summer. The rhizome has a thick, yellow, with a lot of underground shoots and roots. The yarrow fruit is a silver-gray seed. Fruits ripen in early to mid autumn.
- Yarrow - plant unpretentious. It feels great in the sun and in partial shade.
- Breedsyarrow seeds and vegetative way.
- Seedscan be sown both in spring and autumn. On the properties of yarrow landing time is not affected. Only in the spring the seeds should be planted first in the boxes for seedlings, and then after some time to plant the seedlings in a permanent place.
- Division of rhizomesyarrow propagated in the spring. In the summer, yarrow can be propagated with green cuttings.
- Yarrow can grow in the same place for no more than five years. After this period, the plant will need to be transplanted to another location.
- Transferas follows. Plants dig up, divide bushes and plant them in new places. Thus, together with the transplant, the bush is replicated immediately.
- In the autumn bush needed cutting down. Leave the shoots, the length of which is slightly more than ten centimeters.
- Fertilizeyarrow three times during the growing season. The first time they fertilize the plants before flowering, the second time - during flowering, the third and last time - after the yarrow has blossomed.
Yarrow is known for such properties as: has beneficial effect on internal organs, possesses anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic andantibacterial action relieves gas formation in the intestines, promotes mucus formation. In addition, the yarrow has a good effect on the urinary and biliary tract. The plant also has antiallergic, bactericidal and wound healing action, due to the content of tannins, essential oils and other useful substances.
Use plant as blood clotting agent and reduce the risk of blood clots. Yarrow effectively helps with burns.
- Widely used yarrow in traditional medicine.
- The aboveground part of this medicinal herb is used with inflammation, bleeding (includingwith heavy menstruation), problems with the stomach and intestines. Yarrow increases appetite, improves digestion.
- Yarrow decoction helps with tuberculosis.
- Infusion of yarrow is recommended to use with hysteria, obesity, urinary incontinence.
- It is believed that the yarrow herb helps to cure atherosclerosis.
- Yarrow baths take for skin diseases.
Here is a recipe from traditional medicine for slimming and with diabetes:
To boil the yarrow you need to take one tablespoon of herbs of the plant, chop and pour a glass of boiling water. Then you need to put this mixture on the fire and bring to a boil. Insist for thirty minutes. The resulting decoction must be filtered. Take 100 ml after each meal (three times a day).
Grow medicinal herbs and use them for the benefit of your health!
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com.ru - Margot