Every summer resident knows that there are plants that require special care. One way to create the right conditions is to grow them in a greenhouse or greenhouse. These designs retain heat and accelerate the growth of seedlings. The easiest way to put a greenhouse on the site. He is mobile and is done quite easily.
Greenhouses for seedlings: features
Many people confuse greenhouses and greenhouses. They are similar only to the fact that in them the plants are protected from cold and drafts. A greenhouse, as the name implies, maintains heat through solar energy or biofuels. The last is any dung. A few centuries ago, people realized that as a result of interaction with the sun’s rays, it releases heat.
Additional heating in the design is not provided, the greenhouse is sufficiently mobile. It is made in such a way that you can easily disassemble the wall and move it to another place. Most often it is low. There are 2 types of greenhouses. The first is constructed on the desired site, located above the surface. The second one is driven into the ground so that its walls rise 20-30 cm above it.
A greenhouse is a capital structure. It is erected on a solid foundation, strengthened with props. Unlike a greenhouse, it can grow vegetables, fruits and flowers all year round. For this, additional heating devices are usually used. Also in the greenhouse can be installed lights in the form of fitolamp and ventilation.
From this comparative analysis of the 2 constructions it becomes clear that it is easier to use a greenhouse for seedlings. Its advantage is that it is much easier to make such a structure. For the most simple greenhouse will require only props and covering material.
How to make a greenhouse with your own hands?
A greenhouse can be made from many available tools, saving on building materials. Once in the villages in the course were the most ordinary boards and unnecessary old window frame with glass. The desired area was selected, a rectangle was drawn on the ground, slightly smaller in size than the frame. Along the perimeter of the boards were put together. Then they were dug into the ground for 5-7 cm.
The seedling was planted in the ground, located inside the boards. Frame with glass laid on top. The design was quite strong and did not let through drafts. Also, instead of the frame, the greenhouse was covered with a film. In this case, the boards were knocked together in arbitrary sizes. The rectangle could be quite large.
Many gardeners now refuse to use the film. With its help it is difficult to control the temperature and humidity inside the greenhouse. Too strong sunlight, passing through its surface, often burn the leaves of seedlings. The film as if will strengthen them. As a result, the humidity inside increases. An alternative may be non-woven covering material. It is sometimes cheaper than the film and has a number of advantages. The main thing - the preservation and maintenance of heat and air transmission. Due to its structure, it acts as a kind of fan.
Modern technology does not stand still. Many gardeners have appreciated the creation of greenhouses with their own hands from carbonate. This material is quite durable. In addition, he has the necessary transparency. It is made from both the roof and the walls of the greenhouse. The easiest way is to build a rectangular structure reinforced with slats.
- You will need carbonate sheets of the desired size and narrow boards not less than 2.5 cm wide. Long strips are cut out of the first material and a frame is formed from them without a lid and bottom. It should be rectangular. In the role of the corners are the slats cut to the desired height. Separately, make a cover for a greenhouse, whose area is equal to the size of the bottom + 5-7 cm on all sides. So it will fit more closely and protect the seedlings from drafts. A box of such a greenhouse can be moved from place to place. This is one of its main advantages.
- With the help of rails and high greenhouses are made. A frame is created from the boards. Slats of the desired length are shifted across or crosswise and nailed. Form 3 walls. In one of them make the door. For this, it is divided into 2 parts. One is made of rails arranged in the form of a lattice. For others, they make a rectangle from the rails. Below all the walls can be further strengthened with a wide board. Sidewall connect corners. The roof may have a ramp. For this board is placed at an angle. It is easier to make the top in the same way as the sides - in the form of a rectangle. Frame stuck into the ground. Cover with foil. The roof can be attached or just cover it with a greenhouse.
- Much easier and more economical to make a greenhouse of the arcs. Usually they are sold in building and flower shops. The sizes can be different, so you can experiment with the area. As a result, the greenhouse will have a rounded shape. For the manufacture of the frame, we need 5-7 large-sized arcs and plastic film.
- For a start we make the door and one of the walls of the greenhouse. To do this, we lay an arc on the film and draw around it with a pen. We deviate 7-10 cm from the line. Cut out 2 semicircular figures.
- On the site we choose a place under the greenhouse. Then with the help of a shovel we dig in the first arc. Its ends are sharp, so you can just stick it and sprinkle it with earth. The rest of the arc dig in behind her, retreating to 0.5 m. The result is an elongated frame.
- Further, without cutting off the film, we apply it to the bottom of one of the sides. The rest of the throw. The material covered the greenhouse. Cut off the extra length and width of the pieces. It is necessary to leave small tails 10 cm long on each side. They can be strengthened with slats.
- We attach parts from a film in the form of hemispheres to unclosed sidewalls using a stapler or other tools. For weighting it is worth strengthening them with a lath along the bottom edge. Greenhouse ready for use!
Greenhouses for seedlings are indispensable in almost any climate. Especially where frosts last for a long time. It is very important to choose the right site and follow certain rules when growing plants.
The long part of the greenhouse should be located from east to west. One side is south.
The place is worth choosing dry. It is impossible to put greenhouses in lowlands, on hills, on slopes. Also greenhouses for seedlings should be protected from the wind.
It is not necessary to have a design in a shadow or a penumbra. It is better to choose a sunny place. So the plants will get more heat.
Particular attention should be paid to preparing the soil for seedlings. You can not take it and land it in open ground. Usually, they dig up the ground and put peat, humus and other fertilizers into it. The amount is calculated per 1 sq.m. Some summer residents use biofuel - horse manure. A layer of straw, dung is spread on the ground and sprinkled with all this ground. Thanks to this design, seedlings receive additional heat.
It is also important to calculate the time of cultivation in the greenhouse of each crop. Basically, first grown greens and radishes. After the first crop is harvested, tomatoes and peppers are planted to them. An important rule - can not be planted cucumbers and tomatoes together. They need different conditions. Choose one thing. Remember that seedlings need pritenyat. Especially in the first days after she was dropped off. To do this, you can remove the cover of the greenhouse or something to hang it.
Greenhouses for seedlings will help to get a good harvest of vegetables. They are made quite simply. You can use the old boards, window frames, plastic film, purchased arc. The main thing in growing seedlings in this way is to correctly position the structure on the site. One of the sides should stand in the south, the other should look from east to west.