Fescue is a perennial herb of the grass family. At the present time, there are many species of this cereal, the inflorescences of which look like beautiful and lush ears. That is why many people plant them in flower beds and flower beds.
Growing from seeds of fescue sizoy
As mentioned above, there are many varieties of fescue, but blue-eyed fescue is one of the most popular. It is worth noting that the plant can be grown both in the shade and in the sun. As practice shows, it is absolutely unpretentious, so there is no need to constantly feed the soil, and on dry soils the fescue grows well.
Often, the plant is grown from seeds that are of medium size. They are placed directly in the open ground. The landing should be made in the period from April to May. In addition, you can also land in late autumn.
The rules of a successful festivity landing:
- In order to plant the seeds of a plant, it is necessary to make a kind of nest, in each of them put four seeds. This method of planting is quite good, as it allows to form a decorative bump. It should be noted that the gap between the bumps should be from 15 to 20 cm.
- After the seeds are planted, they need to sprinkle with soil and water well.
- After 2 weeks, the first shoots will appear. If the sun gets on the fescue, and it will be in dry and warm soil, it will delight with its beauty much earlier. If the soil is excessively wet or there is water in it, the plant may start to rot.
Reviewsand gardeners tips
Most of the hostesses who are engaged in the cultivation of fescue from seeds, say that it is absolutely not difficult, the main thing is to observe the following rules when growing:
- In order to get from the seeds of adult plants earlier, you must first plant in the box, and then transplanted into the soil. But the seeds take root well in the open field, just germinate a little later.
- It is necessary to carefully treat the irrigation of fescue, in no case should re-wetting the soil. It is very important to calculate the level of humidity and weather conditions in the region.
- The plant tolerates the winter very well, it does not even need to be covered if the soil is of medium humidity.
- As for perennial transplantation, this procedure must be performed every 3 years, so they will not get used to one site and die off.
- Without fail, after winter, it is necessary to destroy dried leaves.
The subtleties of growing fescue "Glacial titmouse"
- Glacier titmouse fescue, the cultivation of which is not a complicated process, is distinguished by its beauty and unpretentiousness. The favorable period for planting is May, it is in this month that the soil is completely warming.
- Seeds need a little sprinkle with soil, compact, and then water.
- In about 15-20 days, the seeds will sprout. They must be unraveling and seated.
- It is important to observe the distance between the plants, it should be from 25 to 30 cm.
- In June, the fescue blooms in silver, thereby bringing a zest to the composition of the entire plot.
- In order for this variety of fescue to always have a rich color, it is recommended to replant it every 2 years. If the year is cold, the plant will not have a bright color.
In the first year may grow not too lush plants. Do not despair - they should be cut and properly fed to get a luxurious bush of leaves of blue-gray color.