Godetia - a plant belonging to the family of eunuchs. She came to us from North America, or rather from California. The plant owes its name to the French botanist Godet, after whom the flower was named. With the help of a hibernation, you can transform any flower bed, giving it grace and uniqueness. The flower is unpretentious, so it can easily be grown from seeds in his area.
How to grow a seed from seeds?
Godetia is a light-loving plant, so choose sufficiently sunny areas with partial shading for it. Despite its light-loving, it is quite resistant to frost. Godetia is unpretentious and coexists well with other colors. To flower bed was lush, it is recommended to plant a flower among other plants.
As a rule, the age is grown from seeds. At the same time landing is carried out either in an open ground, or on seedling. The seeds of the plant remain viable for 3 years. Special training in landing, it does not require. In order to save a year from pests and diseases, before sowing, seeds are soaked in a weak solution of potassium permanganate. In winter, they are stored in a dry and cool place.
Seedlings are planted in late March - early April. To grow it, take the usual flower pot or container. Lay the drainage layer on the bottom and fill it with dry primer. Water the soil before planting the seeds and let it soak in water.
Seeds are laid out on the surface of the soil, covering them with a small layer of soil. Then, cover the pot with plastic wrap, forming a mini-greenhouse. Every day, remove the film for 30 - 40 minutes for airing. If necessary, moisten the soil with a spray gun.
After 2 weeks, when the first sprouts appear, remove the film completely. You shouldn’t fill the planting with a thick layer of earth, just sprinkle it with soil a little - a few mm. It is not necessary to thin the gelite, it is well tolerated transplant. When grown in seedlings, the transplant is carried out together with the soil in which it grew.
If you decide to plant the seed directly into the ground, wait for May. Before planting the ground, it is necessary to perekapal and moisten. It is not necessary to cover the seeds with a thick layer of earth, it is enough to sprinkle with soil a few mm.
The distance between the flowers in the flower bed should be about 20 - 25 cm. Before the flowering, do not forget to periodically feed the garden, especially if it is grown in a greenhouse or on a balcony.
It blooms from the beginning of July until the end of October. If you want the bloom to be more active and long lasting, do not forget to regularly remove faded buds and dried leaves.
Large-flowered Godetia: growing features
Godetia grandiflora belongs to the family of firecrackers. It is an annual plant with a strongly lowered and branched stem that reaches up to half a meter in height. Flowers at a plant happen terry and not double, reaching in the diameter of 8 cm, can be different coloring.
- This species of goddesy feels good in open and closed ground, and dwarf varieties look great in flower pots. Planted seeds in open ground in a sunny place. Ordinary garden soil is perfect for growing, especially loamy, rich in nutrients and moderately moist.
- Cultivation of the large-flowered godetsii takes place better on fertilized soils. To do this, at the time of digging, you can add humus, compost, wood ash, nitrophos, and other fertilizers. "Agricola" is also suitable as a top dressing, though it is better to use it at the time of the flowering of the large-flowered hedetia.
- Caring for the plant does not require much effort and includes only watering and feeding. For top dressing it is better to use mineral fertilizers mixed with nitrophoska (1 tbsp per bucket of water). Godetia grandiflora rather moisture-loving plant, it is recommended to be watered throughout the summer. True, this should be done as the soil dries, since an excess of moisture, like its absence, is undesirable.
- Sowing seeds is better in late March - early April. The first shoots are observed already on day 10. After 70 - 80 days after disembarkation, the large-flowered carapace begins to bloom. 30 days after flowering, seeds can be collected (this is done when the boxes darken).
It is also worth noting that a disease can be susceptible to disease. The most common fungal diseases such as perinospora and powdery mildew. To avoid their appearance, it is not recommended to plant flowers next to different melon crops. You can fight these ills with the help of fungicides. When excessive watering is often root rot, which leads to the death of the plant.
- Ageratum: growing from seed
- How to care for a delphinium?
Godetia - a beautiful flower, for which almost no need to care for. It is enough to ensure that it has the right watering and fertilizing, so that it will delight you with its flowering, especially for a long time. Godetion is often used in landscape design, it is decorated with garden paths, flower beds and borders. The plant gets on well with other flowers, so it is often used in group plantings.