Recently there has been a mixture of cultures or the adoption of traditions of certain cultures by other countries. No need to go far, everyone’s well-known hobby of Russia is China, Japan. On the shelves of shops sell various items and objects of Japanese and Chinese cultures, many people have long loved sushi and rolls so that they even cook them at home.
The taste preferences of people are very different, we may like different foods. Ginger is often used in recipes for cooking dishes that came to us from the east.
Description, useful properties and use of ginger
Ginger is a herbaceous perennial plant. Reaches in height to one and a half meters. Lanceolate leaves with a pointed top. The flowers are brown or orange-yellow, collected in inflorescences. The fruit is a box.
- Ginger is white ("Bengali") and black ("Barbados"). The latter has a stronger taste and smell.
- Ginger is rich in nutrients. It contains vitamins A, C, Bone, B2, iron, zinc, magnesium, sodium, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, silicon, nicotinic acid, etc.
- Ginger is widely used in traditional medicine. It has anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antispasmodic, tonic, healing, choleretic, diaphoretic, and anti-bacterial action. Ginger well strengthens the immune system, and is also an excellent remedy for some skin and allergic diseases and bronchial asthma.
- Ginger is widely used in cooking. Ginger improves appetite, helps with indigestion, peptic ulcer, relieves belching.
But how to make such an extremely useful product always at hand? The easiest way to grow it in my area. Then you will not need to look for it in stores or markets, choosing where it is better.
Growing ginger at their summer cottage
Growing ginger cottage will not be difficult. It is only important not to expect from him a big harvest, because he is not a native of our climatic conditions.
- In order to grow ginger, you must first buy fresh ginger root with several buds.
- Then put ginger in the ground. We do it in the spring (from March to April). Ginger is divided into small pieces (about three centimeters). It is important that there are “eyes” on each piece.
- The land for growing ginger should be well fertilized, intended for growing vegetables.
- Care for ginger is not difficult. Enough to save him from the neighborhood with weeds and water in a drought. Ginger loves good soil moisture, but you can't pour it.
Choose a sunny area, but protected from the midday sun. It is also important that the plant is protected from cold northerly winds, and indeed, in essence, any drafts. A period of rest comes for the ginger. At this time, it is necessary to dig and harvest.
Of course, the result may not please you if you expect a good harvest. But it is important to remember that ginger does not grow in our natural conditions. It's cold for him. He can prevent the cold rains, drafts and the scorching sun. It can not be as large as the one sold in the store. Do not be discouraged if you did not work out for the first time - it will turn out in another. But, you see, it is always pleasant to use in the dishes those products that we grew ourselves.